Biden Education Sec. on What's Best for Children

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

That's where we differ. Liberals seem to think that Big Brother Government knows best. I'd rather trust a local PTA than the Sec. of Education.

"Big Brother Government"  :laugh:

You mean those local, elected school boards?

• Facepalm 1

26 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you know why parents are starting to pushback on the curriculum in recent years?

Loudoun County Schools can give you a hint.  There was not much pushback from parents just 5 or 6 years ago.  It really started when the curriculum started teaching certain ideologies the parents didn’t even know about until the school shutdowns during Covid.  When the parents finally realized that gender identity and CRT were being mentioned/taught in schools.  Now, the left has disputed this as they say it’s not being taught in school and when they are found out, the narrative is *well, it’s good that it is being taught*.

These are, believe it or not, Marxist ideology and should not be mentioned in our school system.  The school system was designed to teach core curriculum so every child can learn the necessities for life.  Teachers should not be allowed to teach gender identity behind the parent’s back and be allowed to call the child by different *pronouns* without the parents knowledge and consent.

Parents should have little to complain about if the curriculum sticks to education, when the curriculum expands to include ideologies the parents and America as a whole, disagree with then it is time to speak up as you are witnessing now.

From my knowledge, the state sets the standards, and the local school board sets the curriculum. The parents say is their vote for the elected local school board. The school board then sets the curriculum for the district.

If the majority of the people agrees with you that the curriculum needs to change, elect a new school board.

If you are in the minority and believe the curriculum is wrong, you have other options: private school, home school or you could move to a different district.

3 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Of course he doesn't.

May God have mercy on the person who tries to teach ICHY what sex is.

COLD!!!!!!😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

From my knowledge, the state sets the standards, and the local school board sets the curriculum. The parents say is their vote for the elected local school board. The school board then sets the curriculum for the district.

If the majority of the people agrees with you that the curriculum needs to change, elect a new school board.

If you are in the minority and believe the curriculum is wrong, you have other options: private school, home school or you could move to a different district.

So you don’t believe Biden’s EO regarding Gender Identity requiring the Department of Education to include the teaching under the guise of bullying is valid for all schools to comply?  It was reason for the Parental Rights Bill in the state of Florida.

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So you don’t believe Biden’s EO regarding Gender Identity requiring the Department of Education to include the teaching under the guise of bullying is valid for all schools to comply?  It was reason for the Parental Rights Bill in the state of Florida.

You don't believe public schools should create a safe environment for all kids to learn?

17 minutes ago, arein0 said:

You don't believe public schools should create a safe environment for all kids to learn?

Yes they should, but teaching gender identity is not required to accomplish that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not sure this is applicable to the topic, but I've known a number of home-schooled kids. They were all extremely smart and tested out the roof (SAT) and received full rides. Also, they were from diverse from a racial and economic aspect. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, creed said:

Not sure this is applicable to the topic, but I've known a number of home-schooled kids. They were all extremely smart and tested out the roof (SAT) and received full rides. Also, they were from diverse from a racial and economic aspect. 

Exactly, it's not a bad thing to be home schooled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yes they should, but teaching gender identity is not required to accomplish that.

In both EO I read (not the Fox or "MSM" summarized version but the actual EO), they never once mentioned teaching gender identity. So to me it is the right wing propaganda sparking up fear to rile up their base. The fact that there even had to be an Executive Order put out about not discriminating against fellow humans is really sad. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, arein0 said:

In both EO I read (not the Fox or "MSM" summarized version but the actual EO), they never once mentioned teaching gender identity. So to me it is the right wing propaganda sparking up fear to rile up their base. The fact that there even had to be an Executive Order put out about not discriminating against fellow humans is really sad. 

What the EO said and how the bureaucrats implemented the EO is the activists coming out of the good Dr Levine.  Surely you understand that.  There really doesn’t need to be an EO for that, the EO was an excuse to set up the gender identity curriculum.

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What the EO said and how the bureaucrats implemented the EO is the activists coming out of the good Dr Levine.  Surely you understand that.  There really doesn’t need to be an EO for that, the EO was an excuse to set up the gender identity curriculum.

There doesn't? Then why was it so divisive when the cake shop owner refused to bake a wedding cake for the gay couple, or the Bud Light fiasco for sponsoring a post of a Trans influencer.

At the end of the day, all the LGBTQ+ community wants is to be treated equally just as Women and African Americans had to fight for equality in the past. You can make an argument that some are still not treated equally, but that's a different argument for a different day.

9 minutes ago, arein0 said:

There doesn't? Then why was it so divisive when the cake shop owner refused to bake a wedding cake for the gay couple, or the Bud Light fiasco for sponsoring a post of a Trans influencer.

At the end of the day, all the LGBTQ+ community wants is to be treated equally just as Women and African Americans had to fight for equality in the past. You can make an argument that some are still not treated equally, but that's a different argument for a different day.

Actually those two incidents are for the same reason; the values of the cake shop owner and Bud Light drinkers were being stepped on and there was pushback.  Only the butt hurt were affected, there are other options so seek them out.

The LGB community have been treated equally as they now can be married.  When they added the TQ+afowiej is when the coalition became radicalized. This really is a bridge too far and parents are pushing back. Schools teaching gender ideology and then keeping their student’s identity away from parents are not what public education should be like, the parents should be upset as this ideology is being rammed down their throats and no one voted on it.

Respect is earned, not legislated.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Actually those two incidents are for the same reason; the values of the cake shop owner and Bud Light drinkers were being stepped on and there was pushback.  Only the butt hurt were affected, there are other options so seek them out.

The LGB community have been treated equally as they now can be married.  When they added the TQ+afowiej is when the coalition became radicalized. This really is a bridge too far and parents are pushing back. Schools teaching gender ideology and then keeping their student’s identity away from parents are not what public education should be like, the parents should be upset as this ideology is being rammed down their throats and no one voted on it.

Respect is earned, not legislated.

Yup, it's clearly the minorities fault.

"We gave them marriage, if only they didn't order a wedding cake we wouldn't have an issue."

"My wedding cakes are for straight couples only. There are other places that will bake them a wedding cake."

"How dare there be a transgender influencer! I refuse to purchase any products that sponsors them! Wasnt it enough that we gave them marriage?"

"I should be awarded my freedom of going to their social media page and not seeing my beer of choice in a sponsored ad."

Aren't these lines of thought eerily similar to the Jim Crow law days? "We gave them the right to vote, but I don't want them near me and my family" 

"We gave them their freedom, but I don't want them in my schools."

"They can't eat at my restaurant, there are other restaurants that will serve them."

Notice a similarly? The majority in power dehumanized the minority in order to justify discrimination and segregation by creating an us (superior) vs them (inferior) mentality. You do it regularly with the LGBTQ coalition when you make a mockery of their letters. Others calling them unnatural, mentally ill, an abomination are other examples I've seen on this very forum. The sad part is most of this hate is coming from your generation and older, and yall are making it very difficult to "respect thy elder" because as you know respect is earned.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

37 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Yup, it's clearly the minorities fault.

"We gave them marriage, if only they didn't order a wedding cake we wouldn't have an issue."

"My wedding cakes are for straight couples only. There are other places that will bake them a wedding cake."

"How dare there be a transgender influencer! I refuse to purchase any products that sponsors them! Wasnt it enough that we gave them marriage?"

"I should be awarded my freedom of going to their social media page and not seeing my beer of choice in a sponsored ad."

Aren't these lines of thought eerily similar to the Jim Crow law days? "We gave them the right to vote, but I don't want them near me and my family" 

"We gave them their freedom, but I don't want them in my schools."

"They can't eat at my restaurant, there are other restaurants that will serve them."

Notice a similarly? The majority in power dehumanized the minority in order to justify discrimination and segregation by creating an us (superior) vs them (inferior) mentality. You do it regularly with the LGBTQ coalition when you make a mockery of their letters. Others calling them unnatural, mentally ill, an abomination are other examples I've seen on this very forum. The sad part is most of this hate is coming from your generation and older, and yall are making it very difficult to "respect thy elder" because as you know respect is earned.

Are those your quotes? Or are you just projecting?  Does religious freedom still exist?  The baker said they could buy a cake that was already made, he just didn’t feel right creating a custom cake because of his religious convictions.  But that is the whole point isn’t it.  You will respect me because I will force you to.  Again, why is it hate just because people have a difference of opinion?  I don’t hate trans people, I just don’t agree with their ideology and I am against promoting that ideology to our youth by government decree or groomers of any age like Jeffery Marsh.

I get the first letters right in the LGBTQ+feiew coalition, I just can’t remember all of the 103 genders that people get to chose from.  The coalition is a bully pulpit and is trying to flex its new found muscle and gender dysphoria is a mental illness.  It should be treated as such and not enabled especially when the person is in their teens.  Why the rush to *affirm* a gender that they are not?  

Who said this quote?

Unless we do something about this, my children are going to grow up in a jungle, the jungle being a racial jungle with tensions having built so high that it is going to explode at some point. We have got to make some move on this.

A9E8C2EE-8B8E-4733-B586-11C8282383C6.webp

Is there a reason for pushback, yes there is and I’m sorry you can’t see it. 

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

This is an example of the bully pulpit the LGBTQ+ha;sh coalition has:

They had uninvited them and then put out the above re-invite.

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

This is an example of the bully pulpit the LGBTQ+ha;sh coalition has:

They had uninvited them and then put out the above re-invite.

You don't think their uninvitation had anything to do with fearing of becoming the next Bud Light?

4 minutes ago, arein0 said:

You don't think their uninvitation had anything to do with fearing of becoming the next Bud Light?

I would hope so, they need some resistance.  It just didn’t take, we shall see what all the Catholic's do in the City of Angles.  Target seems to be blinking.

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

I would hope so, they need some resistance.  It just didn’t take, we shall see what all the Catholic's do in the City of Angles.  Target seems to be blinking.

And you don't see how your responses show everyone that you hate them? You don't see how people think you are a bigot? Look at this post as a prime example.

"I would hope so, they need some resistance."

You are talking about a minority group that throughout history has had to hide who they truly were so society didnt exile them. And you think they need resistance since they are just recently starting to be accepted for who they are? 

You are not only wanting to strip away their merchandise, don't want them attending a baseball game, and are upset a beer company had the audacity to make a sponsored post on a trans influencer (you all had to go out of your way to see it), you are excited about it. Why? Because how dare someone with different beliefs have the same opportunity as me to buy clothing they are proud of, go to the same sporting event, or drink the same beer. I don't see how you don't see segregation in any of this. Maybe you do and it just excites you too much to admit.

• Love 1

4 minutes ago, arein0 said:

And you don't see how your responses show everyone that you hate them? You don't see how people think you are a bigot? Look at this post as a prime example.

You are talking about a minority group that throughout history has had to hide who they truly were so society didnt exile them. And you think they need resistance since they are just recently starting to be accepted for who they are? 

You are not only wanting to strip away their merchandise, don't want them attending a baseball game, and are upset a beer company had the audacity to make a sponsored post on a trans influencer (you all had to go out of your way to see it), you are excited about it. Why? Because how dare someone with different beliefs have the same opportunity as me to buy clothing they are proud of, go to the same sporting event, or drink the same beer. I don't see how you don't see segregation in any of this. Maybe you do and it just excites you too much to admit.

So, I do not agree with their ideology and you take that as hate.  This is one group that shows how perverted that ideology is.  The LA Dodgers didn’t cancel the Pride Night, they just let an organization that mocked the Catholics and God to participate.  Being a person of God, do you think this is something that should be allowed?  Are you down with mocking God?  Is this your version of what a Christian represents?.  I don’t know if you know the name of the group, but it is the Sisters of Perpetual Indulgence.  Sounds like a great group.  Do you have any values?

I do believe the LGB of that group has been prosecuted throughout history and have been able to get to a place that most accept their lifestyle as I do.  The T part is the one that is the radical part.  I don’t hate them, I feel sorry for them as they seemed to be mentally stressed with their situation.  I would hope they could out grow the issue by the time they get through puberty (80% do) and either become straight, gay, bi or lesbian.  The mutilation of children through blockers and cross sex hormones are an issue for me.  A lot of the teens that believe they maybe trans could be suffering from other issues besides gender dysphoria.  I believe the medical personnel should take a little more time to explore those issues rather than automatically prescribe blockers.  

To enable a person that is confused by affirming their emotional condition is not helping.  I really believe waiting until they have gone through puberty would be best for the child.  Have you ever asked yourself why there is so much resistance to not having kids attend sex oriented shows?   Why would drag queens need to have kids attend their shows?  Have they ever had a show at the senior home?

You really shouldn’t try to think you know me or my thoughts, you’re not good at it.  

27 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, I do not agree with their ideology and you take that as hate.  

There is a difference between not agreeing with an ideology and actively celebrating any stepbacks a group of people have. 

This is one group that shows how perverted that ideology is.  The LA Dodgers didn’t cancel the Pride Night, they just let an organization that mocked the Catholics and God to participate.  Being a person of God, do you think this is something that should be allowed? Are you down with mocking God? Is this your version of what a Christian represents?

Don't we have freedom of speech? Didn't Jesus say "But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." It is not for us to judge and condemn others.

Does it bother me when people mock God, sure. Do I still pray for them that they will see the light, yes. Do I believe they should be treated any differently than anyone else, absolutely not! Wasn't Jesus's last words "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do.” Why would I, a common human, condemn someone that mocks our God, when our Savior forgave the people that mocked and murdered him?

We as Christians need to actively practice forgiveness, love thy neighbor. Otherwise, we are no better than the Pharisees. 

Have you ever asked yourself why there is so much resistance to not having kids attend sex oriented shows?   Why would drag queens need to have kids attend their shows?  Have they ever had a show at the senior home?

I thought it was the parents responsibility. Why are the parents taking them to said events? Why would they go to a senior home when that is the generation that is actively against their lifestyle?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arein0 said:

Don't we have freedom of speech? Didn't Jesus say "But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also." It is not for us to judge and condemn others.

How do you reconcile this to what He said in Luke 17.1-3:

1Jesus said to His disciples, “It is inevitable that stumbling blocks will come, but woe to the one through whom they come! 2It would be better for him to have a millstone hung around his neck and to be thrown into the sea than to cause one of these little ones to stumble. 3Watch yourselves. If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.…

There isn’t a whole lot of repenting going on here.  Does the Old Testament carry any weight with you?  This isn’t the Old Testament, but the rules of life are important, without constraints where are we as a people?

5 hours ago, arein0 said:

Why would I, a common human, condemn someone that mocks our God, when our Savior forgave the people that mocked and murdered him?

Because there is not a lot of repenting going on here.  On a personal level I can understand your philosophy, but when it comes to the social contagion that is Trans and the way this administration is promoting the act, I refer to the millstone verse.  Biden is supposed to be a practicing Catholic.  

A couple more questions; do you believe your mind is capable of changing your sex even though, physically it is impossible?  Do you believe plastic surgery will solve a person’s mental issues or is this just placating their beliefs?  Do you believe a child has the mental awareness to decide for themselves what their adult self would want?  What is wrong with having patience?

6 hours ago, arein0 said:

I thought it was the parents responsibility. Why are the parents taking them to said events? Why would they go to a senior home when that is the generation that is actively against their lifestyle?

When it comes to parades, the parents maybe unsuspecting as to what their child may see.  The point I was trying to make is why would the drag queens want to perform their acts in front of children?  Why is the *coalition* fighting so hard for them to do just that?  

9 hours ago, arein0 said:

It's impossible for someone who comments as frequently as I_M4, to hide their hateful bigotry.    Impossible.

Thanks for calling him out on it.

Edited by homersapien
  • Like 1

40 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

How do you reconcile this to what He said in Luke 17.1-3:

1Jesus said to His disciples, “It is inevitable that stumbling blocks will come, but woe to the one through whom they come! 2It would be better for him to have a millstone hung around his neck and to be thrown into the sea than to cause one of these little ones to stumble. 3Watch yourselves. If your brother sins, rebuke him; and if he repents, forgive him.…

I think 1 John 2:10 is a perfect preclude to this, "He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him." He is basically saying if you show your fellow human love, they will have no reason to sin against you.

As to how to handle perceived sins of others against you, there is no time table for when they have to repent by. I don't believe the intent of this message was for us to keep a running tally of all transgressions against us, or to become bitter that someone slighted you in some way. I believe most of the time it takes longer than a day to even recognize you were in the wrong, and in most cases, they will not even know that they did something to upset you until you have that difficult conversation with them. And if you continually show them a cold heart, why would they ever come repent. Galatians 5:22 "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness"

Does the Old Testament carry any weight with you?  This isn’t the Old Testament, but the rules of life are important, without constraints where are we as a people?

Not really. To me, the OT is more history and shows where we came from.

A couple more questions; do you believe your mind is capable of changing your sex even though, physically it is impossible?  Do you believe plastic surgery will solve a person’s mental issues or is this just placating their beliefs?  Do you believe a child has the mental awareness to decide for themselves what their adult self would want?  What is wrong with having patience?

God acts in mysterious ways. Who is to say he didnt create them that way to teach us to open our hearts? What if it does solve a person's mental issue, would you still be against it? Does a child have the mental awareness to recognize they are straight or gay? Not sure about you, but I knew I was straight well before adulthood. Could that not be the same for someone that was born the wrong gender?

When it comes to parades, the parents maybe unsuspecting as to what their child may see.  The point I was trying to make is why would the drag queens want to perform their acts in front of children?  Why is the *coalition* fighting so hard for them to do just that?  

I'm not sure if it's the same around you, but I live under a rock and I still know when parades happen and what they are for. For example, I live in a deep red state and one of the neighboring cities had a pride parade recently. I heard about it through radio during my 5 min commute to work. I took a mental note so I knew to avoid that area of town. Same thing when the RNC came to town. Parades and major events are so heavily advertised that it would be hard to truly be ignorant about their whereabouts.

Now if you are really against children seeing sexaul content, you should be going after the porn sites. They are more available, accessible, addicting, and harder to prevent. 

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

I think 1 John 2:10 is a perfect preclude to this, "He who loves his brother abides in the light, and there is no cause for stumbling in him." He is basically saying if you show your fellow human love, they will have no reason to sin against you.

Trying to convince your child to stumble is called out by Jesus as something to be rebuked.  Now, if the person repents then your verse becomes relevant. If this person insists, what would be your reaction?  If a teacher hides the intent of your child to change their sex should this be rebuked or should you just show the teacher love while the teacher will still trans your kid because that is what their job requires?

How would you handle this scenario?  Would you go along with your child and let them make a decision at such a young age to start puberty blockers that could have devastating affects on the rest of their life?

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

Not really. To me, the OT is more history and shows where we came from.

The OT has laws to help you through life.  Those laws were interesting in their punishments, but at that time, there were no courts or judges so putting someone to death was more serious than an eye for an eye type of punishment.  Neither are taken seriously in today’s world, just a hierarchy of crimes.

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

God acts in mysterious ways. Who is to say he didnt create them that way to teach us to open our hearts?

God actually said that he created man and woman.  There was no third sex and the purpose was to go forth and multiply.  Even if you don’t believe in God you have to admit this.

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

What if it does solve a person's mental issue, would you still be against it?

I have said many times, if that is what they feel is best for them WHEN THEY ARE ADULTS that is their business.  Free will.

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

Not sure about you, but I knew I was straight well before adulthood. Could that not be the same for someone that was born the wrong gender?

Yes, there was not doubt, but I grew up in a world that was rational enough that when I was too young for sexual discussions it was not brought up.  No one is born the wrong gender, that concept has to be brought up by someone else and I don’t think it is appropriate in early grades.  Kids need to know what is normal. That is why they are always asking the same question over and over again.  How many times do you have to tell a young child the color is blue.  They want consistency in life, not some concept of life, but what is normal (standard) when they are young.

2 hours ago, arein0 said:

Now if you are really against children seeing sexaul content, you should be going after the porn sites. They are more available, accessible, addicting, and harder to prevent. 

This is a real issue with the youth, but like drag queens, it supposedly has first amendment rights.  People have to control what they watch and do, but it is hard, as a parent, to watch what your kids are in to.  I feel for my kids trying to raise their kids with the availability of all sorts of garbage on the internet.  People are trying to police this issue and I hope they succeed.

• Like 1