Biden Education Sec. on What's Best for Children

Biden's Education Sec. says teachers know better what's good for children than parents. Sure wouldn't be good for me to run into him at a PTA meeting.

Biden education secretary roasted for claiming 'teachers know what is best' for parents' kids: 'Crazy' | Fox News

If history repeats itself this guy has a predecessor:

Reich Ministry of Science, Education and Culture - Wikipedia

Edited by Son of A Tiger

I would need to know the context in which this comment was made.  If a parent is engaged, values education and is a rational parent that teaches their child the importance of respect for authority etc, then the comment is out of place.  However, too many parents are not engaged and seldom show interest in their child's education until that child's behavior becomes an issue.

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

However, too many parents are not engaged and seldom show interest in their child's education until that child's behavior becomes an issue.

In some cases even that won't get the parents attention.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I would need to know the context in which this comment was made.  If a parent is engaged, values education and is a rational parent that teaches their child the importance of respect for authority etc, then the comment is out of place.  However, too many parents are not engaged and seldom show interest in their child's education until that child's behavior becomes an issue.

That’s why his saying this on Twitter was asinine. It’s just a brief, stand alone tweet and the reader is left to fill in the blanks. Political malpractice.

EDD7B58B-DA45-4686-A705-5B1E02FC5228.jpeg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I suggest that the percentage of disengaged teachers is roughly the same as disengaged parents. Then we have a number of teachers who bring their politics into the classroom. "We must trust teachers" ? I don't think so. Parents should have the final say.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Sure wouldn't be good for me to run into him at a PTA meeting.

That seems like a measured, reasonable response.  What sort of violence are you planning?

• Like 1

I aint got time to talk to my kids about what they is learnin in school.  I just dont wont them learnin it no more.

I'm tired of this libral indocculation.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, arein0 said:

Homeschooling is always an option. ❄️

As long as the parents can take their tax dollars with them.  This would level things up.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

So agree or take your ball and play elsewhere. 

For the parents that believe they should have a say in the teachers curriculum and how they teach, absolutely. It's the same in sports. I've had countless teammates that weren't allowed back on the team, not because of skill or attitude but because of their parents behavior. 

On 5/19/2023 at 9:31 PM, AU9377 said:

And the parents in the Loudon County School Case are all nut jobs, right? Have you read the latest? The Grand Jury Report was so bad that Zeigler, the proven liar President of the school board, was judged by the school board to be doing such a great job that he had just received a $93K/yr RAISE. The assailant's 12 PAGE DISCIPLINARY RECORD became public knowledge because of the GJ Report. This totally incompetent board and schools let this predator stay there and finally commit multiple assaults all while CYAing their actions. And finally, the total incompetence of Zeigler now exposed, the school board finally was forced to do the right thing and fire the idiot. Meanwhile, the Father of the girl assaulted got beaten by police, arrested, and smeared all over the nation. The FBI now has a whole new investigative team just for him. The letter from the NSBA brought about Biden assigning the new investigative team to the FBI. No school board asked for it. The NSBA did not approve the letter either. One woman wrote the letter and bypassed all of the NSBA board, she wrote the letter with help from the Biden Adm, and was immediately hired into the Biden Adm. Oh, no corruption there at al...LMAO!

No, the parents that are actively engaged deserve EVERY POSSIBLE BIT OF INPUT INTO THEIR CHILD'S SCHOLASTIC LIFE and the right to sue school boards and school board members for incompetent actions and results.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/family-of-loudoun-co-student-sexually-assaulted-ineptitude-of-all-involved-is-staggering/3231725/

Edited by DKW 86
  • Thanks 1

This lets you see what in the GJ Report. The School Board fought the grand jury every step of the way. No transparency. Stunning Incompetence.

https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/former-loudoun-county-superintendent-indicted-by-special-grand-jury/3231538/

Now, Zeigler is indicted. Hope the lying bastiche serves real jail time.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1

On 5/20/2023 at 10:13 AM, arein0 said:

Homeschooling is always an option. ❄️

A popular option.

On 5/20/2023 at 11:12 AM, icanthearyou said:

I aint got time to talk to my kids about what they is learnin in school.  I just dont wont them learnin it no more.

I'm tired of this libral indocculation.

You have children?

5 hours ago, PUB78 said:

You have children?

Of course he doesn't.

May God have mercy on the person who tries to teach ICHY what sex is.

• Haha 2

To the people that believe parents should have the final say:

1. Which parents should the teacher listen to if parents are saying conflicting things, ie book ABC should be read and book ABC should not be read.

2. What happens if the only vocal parent is adamant they teach something that is obviously wrong, ie the earth is flat, we are in a computer simulation, slavery was good, the Nazis were just looking out for the rest of the world, 1+1=3?

This whole idea of wanting the parents to have the final say is short sighted. Yes, it sounds good on the surface, but do you really want your vocal whacked out neighbor having a say in your child's education?

If you really want and believe you should have the final say, guess what, in homeschooling, you the parent gets to set the curriculum, and nobody else can change it. So please go do homeschooling. This form of education was specifically designed for people like you. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, arein0 said:

This whole idea of wanting the parents to have the final say is short sighted. Yes, it sounds good on the surface, but do you really want your vocal whacked out neighbor having a say in your child's education?

Yes. I want the whacked out parent to have a voice, that voice being one of many. Nobody is talking about one individual parent controlling curricula. The PTA and similar organizations should be able to put a stop to teaching methods and course subjects that they deem to be inappropriate.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Yes. I want the whacked out parent to have a voice, that voice being one of many. Nobody is talking about one individual parent controlling curricula. The PTA and similar organizations should be able to put a stop to teaching methods and course subjects that they deem to be inappropriate.

Aka curriculum.

Also, there is a difference between having a voice and having "final say." I never said take away their voice. They can voice their opinions all they want, but there is no way I want them having an input on the curriculum.

3 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Aka curriculum.

Also, there is a difference between having a voice and having "final say." I never said take away their voice. They can voice their opinions all they want, but there is no way I want them having an input on the curriculum.

That's where we differ. Liberals seem to think that Big Brother Government knows best. I'd rather trust a local PTA than the Sec. of Education.

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

That's where we differ. Liberals seem to think that Big Brother Government knows best. I'd rather trust a local PTA than the Sec. of Education.

No, it's trusting those that have been taught and have a career in child education has more knowledge on how and what to teach my child than a crazy parent.

Now if that teacher is doing a bad job or breaking the law, that's a different subject. You should be able to voice that and they should be removed.

On 5/20/2023 at 12:12 AM, arein0 said:

In some cases even that won't get the parents attention.

My niece has a first grade student in her class with serious behavioral issues and desperately needs therapy.  aHe disrupts the class on a daily basis.  Parents are in total denial.

She's about to quit her job.

Edited by homersapien
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, arein0 said:

Aka curriculum.

Do you know why parents are starting to pushback on the curriculum in recent years?

Loudoun County Schools can give you a hint.  There was not much pushback from parents just 5 or 6 years ago.  It really started when the curriculum started teaching certain ideologies the parents didn’t even know about until the school shutdowns during Covid.  When the parents finally realized that gender identity and CRT were being mentioned/taught in schools.  Now, the left has disputed this as they say it’s not being taught in school and when they are found out, the narrative is *well, it’s good that it is being taught*.

These are, believe it or not, Marxist ideology and should not be mentioned in our school system.  The school system was designed to teach core curriculum so every child can learn the necessities for life.  Teachers should not be allowed to teach gender identity behind the parent’s back and be allowed to call the child by different *pronouns* without the parents knowledge and consent.

Parents should have little to complain about if the curriculum sticks to education, when the curriculum expands to include ideologies the parents and America as a whole, disagree with then it is time to speak up as you are witnessing now.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1