Montgomery beer distributor on Bud Light controversy: ‘You deserve to know the truth’

11 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I didn't watch it. My point is that this ad wasn't a national ad, it was a small targeted ad to appeal to the LGBTQ population.

What does this mean?  Bud Lite only targeted LGBTQ televisions?  How does that work?  It was during March Madness and boasted you could win money if you entered the contest.  Of course it was a national ad program.  It just got pulled almost immediately.

14 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Neither of us saw it in our day to day routines, which tells me someone had to go out of there way to see it and tell others to be upset about it, aka snowflake ❄️.

There were enough people to see it to make Bud Lite take it off the air.  It was a hugh mistake.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

How do you know this?

Here he is selling sleep over supplies to young people:

A trans girl just wanting to have fun with other girls.  Nothing wrong with that, right?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What does this mean?  Bud Lite only targeted LGBTQ televisions?  How does that work?  It was during March Madness and boasted you could win money if you entered the contest.  Of course it was a national ad program.  It just got pulled almost immediately.

There were enough people to see it to make Bud Lite take it off the air.  It was a hugh mistake.  

I did a little research since I was very ignorant on what happened and apparently I was right in that it never was on TV. The ad you keep referring to was a sponsored post, meaning it was not on TV, or before videos. The only way you would have seen this ad was if you went to Dylans social media page.

https://www.them.us/story/dylan-mulvaney-bud-light-drama-explained

What was the Bud Light/Dylan Mulvaney collaboration about?
Anheuser-Busch partnered with Mulvaney to boost their “Easy Carry Contest,” offering customers a chance at $15,000 for uploading videos of them carrying as many cans of beer as possible. To promote the contest, Mulvaney uploaded a sponsored video in which she appears in an Audrey Hepburn getup and goofs on March Madness; meanwhile, the company will release a special line of Pride-themed cans with various pronouns. 

To sweeten the pot and celebrate the one-year anniversary of Mulvaney’s transition, Anheuser-Busch also sent Mulvaney a special can of Bud Light featuring her face and a message on the top of the can reading “Cheers to 365 Days of Being a Woman,” referencing Mulvaney’s preamble in her “Days of Girlhood” series.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Man, this keeps on getting better; damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

The nation’s largest gay advocacy group stripped Anheuser-Busch of a key metric following the beer giant’s backpedaling over Bud Light’s controversial tie-up with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

The Human Rights Campaign, which issues a Corporate Equality Index to rate companies on their policies toward workers in the LGBTQ community, told the Belgian-based brewer that it will slash its perfect 100 score, according to a letter leaked to USA Today on Thursday.

Bud Light’s parent company has been scrambling to fix the fallout from having Mulvaney associated with the brand.

Sales of the nation’s top-selling beer have plummeted nearly 25% since Mulvaney posted a photo of a Bud Light tallboy featuring her face on April 1.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/19/anheuser-busch-loses-lgbtq-rating-over-bud-light-controversy/

6 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I did a little research since I was very ignorant on what happened and apparently I was right in that it never was on TV. The ad you keep referring to was a sponsored post, meaning it was not on TV, or before videos. The only way you would have seen this ad was if you went to Dylans social media page.

https://www.them.us/story/dylan-mulvaney-bud-light-drama-explained

What was the Bud Light/Dylan Mulvaney collaboration about?
Anheuser-Busch partnered with Mulvaney to boost their “Easy Carry Contest,” offering customers a chance at $15,000 for uploading videos of them carrying as many cans of beer as possible. To promote the contest, Mulvaney uploaded a sponsored video in which she appears in an Audrey Hepburn getup and goofs on March Madness; meanwhile, the company will release a special line of Pride-themed cans with various pronouns. 

To sweeten the pot and celebrate the one-year anniversary of Mulvaney’s transition, Anheuser-Busch also sent Mulvaney a special can of Bud Light featuring her face and a message on the top of the can reading “Cheers to 365 Days of Being a Woman,” referencing Mulvaney’s preamble in her “Days of Girlhood” series.

Well, I guess it doesn’t matter much as it went viral and AB is paying for it, now it’s all important Corporate Equality Index was slashed.  🤣

the hate is funny in this thread. she hurt no one. but to be honest budlight is nasty as hell and i turned it down a lot when it was free. it was popular so it was cheap. this is why the rednecks are pissed. they got to pay MORE now for beer and are upset.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Man, this keeps on getting better; damned if you do and damned if you don’t.

The nation’s largest gay advocacy group stripped Anheuser-Busch of a key metric following the beer giant’s backpedaling over Bud Light’s controversial tie-up with trans influencer Dylan Mulvaney.

The Human Rights Campaign, which issues a Corporate Equality Index to rate companies on their policies toward workers in the LGBTQ community, told the Belgian-based brewer that it will slash its perfect 100 score, according to a letter leaked to USA Today on Thursday.

Bud Light’s parent company has been scrambling to fix the fallout from having Mulvaney associated with the brand.

Sales of the nation’s top-selling beer have plummeted nearly 25% since Mulvaney posted a photo of a Bud Light tallboy featuring her face on April 1.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/19/anheuser-busch-loses-lgbtq-rating-over-bud-light-controversy/

Well, I guess it doesn’t matter much as it went viral and AB is paying for it, now it’s all important Corporate Equality Index was slashed.  🤣

The most ironic part of all of this is that since it is a sponsored post, Dylan is getting paid everytime the video is being viewed. So all the righties that watched the video to only get outraged and shared it to all their friends were only putting more money in Dylan's pocket 🤣

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, arein0 said:

The most ironic part of all of this is that since it is a sponsored post, Dylan is getting paid everytime the video is being viewed. So all the righties that watched the video to only get outraged and shared it to all their friends were only putting more money in Dylan's pocket 🤣

Good for Dylan Mulvaney, his/her life is complete with all that money.  No more needs or wants.

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

That line is getting old.  You got another one?

Don't go there. I can already see it: What if a cop dressed in drag in place of DM? 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

A trans girl just wanting to have fun with other girls.  Nothing wrong with that, right?

you are so full of hate you are making up and assuming the worst about this person when you do not know anything about them other than they are different than you or i. i am pretty sure that is a sin. and ol 78 laughing as well. but you guys are such wonderful christians. you guys best hope there is not hell. is that not bearing false witness? it is in fact slander. prove to me she is a red or admit you are lying which you will never do because you have little class.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 2
  • Dislike 1

25 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you are so full of hate you are making up and assuming the worst about this person when you do not know anything about them other than they are different than you or i. i am pretty sure that is a sin. and ol 78 laughing as well. but you guys are such wonderful christians. you guys best hope there is not hell. is that not bearing false witness? it is in fact slander. prove to me she is a red or admit you are lying which you will never do because you have little class.

I don’t hate Mulvaney, I think he is disturbed.  He is making money off of that mind set and one day it will come crashing down because it is not based on solid ground.  I am just re-posting what he has posted, how is that bearing false witness?  I am not saying he is a pedophile, I just posted that he is acting like a girl that would have a slumber party and he is 20 something years old.  That is disturbed.  Is he acting?  Does he believe he is a teenage girl? Is he self identifying as a woman or a girl?  He is a confused young man, but hey, he’s making big bucks, so according to the left he is leading a full and meaningful life.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Please explain how this makes this person a pedophile.  Yeah, you answered with this so,,, you explain rather than back peddle.  You are being bigoted and hateful.

I would suggest you start worrying about your own issues.

• Dislike 1

3 hours ago, alexava said:

I did drink Bud Light. I will still drink it if someone else is buying. I won’t buy it myself. I’m not boycotting because I don’t encourage anyone else to avoid it. I just don’t feel good supporting anything Anheuser Busch. 

As long as they keep the formula/process, I’ll buy Stella Artrois. Good beer. I don’t care who’s face they put on a bottle. And if AB wants to sponsor my late in life entry into NASCAR, I’ll let them slap Bud Light on my vehicle.

• Like 1

#cancelculture at it again. Don't you hate it that Budlight is getting cancelled over something so silly?

15 minutes ago, Didba said:

#cancelculture at it again. Don't you hate it that Budlight is getting cancelled over something so silly?

I prefer Voodoo Ranger or Yuengling anyways….I’m not losing any sleep over whoever Budlight promotes. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

As long as they keep the formula/process, I’ll buy Stella Artrois. Good beer. I don’t care who’s face they put on a bottle. And if AB wants to sponsor my late in life entry into NASCAR, I’ll let them slap Bud Light on my vehicle.

I’m drinking Yazoo Gerst brewed in Nashville now. When I can find it. Went to a bar a couple weeks ago and Yeungling draft was very good. 

• Like 2

Good stuff here. I drank Coors light for 25 years. Tried Michelob ultra for about a year (didn’t lose weight) then Coors light tasted like piss water. ( people told me that for 25 years but I was hooked) eventually settled on Bud Light then Covid ruined my taste for two years. As the taste was repairing itself I  started trying different things and the crafts are they only ones offered where I go see the music shows I like. 

IMG_1589.png

• Like 1

If this company starts using mentally ill men to advertise… I’ll move on from that too. The videos the sick MF has put out is almost enough to make me quit drinking anything at all. Bad, bad, I mean really effing bad decision on AB. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So now Cruz and Blackburn are threatening Anheuser-Busch with some sort of Congressional "investigation" about advertising to under-age kids.

(1) They have no authority to "investigate" anything in the Senate, and

(2) There was no marketing to under-age kids.

But of course, playing to the radical right base, this nonsense is political drugs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

so you are saying she is a ped? got any proof or is that the hate in your heart coming out?

You seem fixated with the word “hate”. So I’ll make this easy for you.....I hate this sumbich!! I wouldn’t if I hadn’t seen these videos but this is some cringy s***. I don’t even like grown women who try to be 13 year old girls. This is an adult male human being with a mental illness. He has the right to act how he wants, or cut off his genitalia...I’m even one of the few on this side that don’t give a rip what bathroom he sh**s in. He looks enough like a woman,if he can hide the stick and balls from scaring women and girls I’m for that freedom. I just don’t want to see his shenanigans. I don’t want him winning any women’s awards or competing with women ( I hate Will Thomas too)and I don’t want him celebrated as accomplishing something. I damn sure won’t refer to him as a woman. I don’t want to picture this idiot when I crack open a beer. So I’m simply not buying the product anymore. 
          Before I came to my sense and recovered from my mental illness (being a democrat) I thought conservatives were making too much of the trans bs. It certainly seemed that way and might have been. Now it’s not conservatives overreacting at all. It’s a sickness being encouraged by leftists. I don’t have to like it. I no longer have the privilege to ignore or overlook it. So yes those who jump into the limelight....I hate them. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

13 hours ago, alexava said:

Choosing not to celebrate a” year of girlhood” with a 28 year old man who likes sleeepover parties with 13 year old girls, is not bigotry. 

One of the videos that was sent to me, he is admitted it. I don’t know if there’s a pedo tendency. But that would actually make more sense than any other explanation for this activity..

• Dislike 1

20 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Montgomery beer distributor on Bud Light controversy: ‘You deserve to know the truth’

Updated: May. 18, 2023, 1:35 p.m.|Published: May. 18, 2023, 9:56 a.m.
3–4 minutes

A Montgomery-based Anheuser-Busch wholesale beer distributor has taken to the airwaves to share his displeasure with the Dylan Mulvaney controversy that reportedly caused sales of Bud Light to plummet nationally.

Steve Tatum, of Montgomery-based Bama Budweiser, addresses the issue in a one-minute radio ad airing on about 10 Montgomery and Selma area radio stations.

“We too at Bama Budweiser are upset about it and have made our feelings known to the top leadership at Anheuser-Busch,” Tatum says in the ad. “The voice of the consumer has been heard, and Anheuser-Busch has taken action.”

Last month, Mulvaney, a trans social media influencer, posted an ad for Bud Light on Instagram showing a custom beer can. The video prompted a backlash among other celebrities and boycott among customers.

Earlier this month, Anheuser-Busch pledged to give a case of Bud Light to every employee of an Anheuser-Busch wholesaler. The country’s largest brewer has also pledged to boost its marketing spending on Bud Light.

According to the Wall Street Journal, in the week ending April 22, Bud Light’s U.S. retail-store sales fell 21.4% over the same period from last year. Meanwhile, sales of rival brands Coors Light and Miller Lite grew by an almost equal amount.

Bama Budweiser, in business since 1988, has two facilities in central Alabama and covers Autauga, Elmore, Montgomery, Dallas, Lowndes, Perry, Wilcox and Clarke counties.

Tatum said feedback on the ad has been completely positive, with a phone call coming from Nevada to show support. There has been no response from the corporate level, he said.

“I’m just trying to look after Bama Budweiser,” he said. “I’ve worked too hard to give it all away.”

In a one-minute radio spot, Tatum, vice president and general manager of Bama Budweiser, says:

“We at Bama Budweiser, an independent wholesaler, employ around 100 people who live here, work here, and our children go to school here. We do not, and as I said before, did not support this issue involving Dylan Mulvaney. There was one single can made. It was not for sale and wasn’t properly approved. As a result, the Bud Light brand has new leadership.

“Dylan Mulvaney is not under contract with Bud Light. The videos you may have seen are Mulvaney’s own social media posts that went viral and many web-based news outlets have distorted the story. You deserve to know the truth, and life is too short to let a couple of individuals decide what you can eat or drink or spend your hard-earned money on. And remember, making friends is our business, not enemies.”

And if I was the owner of suddenly the most unpopular beer in America/Alabama, I would probably be doing CYA too. BTW, my last trip to my favorite sales locale saw Miller and Coors products sold all but out and Budweiser completely stocked and unsold. BTW, I usually bounce between Coors Light (the swimmers like it) and Stella which I learned recently is an AB Brand.

Look, we all KNOW that this is only for a while. Bud will sponsor some NASCAR, College Football, Spring Break Events, and all will be good. WE ALL KNOW THIS. America is pissed for a moment and will get over this like we always do. This was a poorly thought-out thing that blew up in their face. But like Edsels, New Coke, and the Dodge Le Femme the companies took their lumps and moved on. This too will pass. 

Free Speech means having to get thru not well thought out decisions too.

Edited by DKW 86

16 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Quality beer production ended years ago.

AAANNNDDD this is the real problem.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Please explain how this makes this person a pedophile.  Yeah, you answered with this so,,, you explain rather than back peddle.  You are being bigoted and hateful.

I would suggest you start worrying about your own issues.

Who is this advertisement aimed at?  Did you see the hashtags?  Trans is one of them with some interesting videos as you can imagine.  Does it make him a pedo?  Probably not. Could it be construed as grooming the younger generation?  Probably so.

I guess now hateful is disagreeing with someone who doesn’t agree with your values?  Is this correct?  When did disagreeing become hateful?  And a Bigot is one that is unreasonably attached to a belief or opinion of a particular group, right?  What is unreasonable about a person believing a man can’t be a woman not matter what plastic surgery they have preformed on them?  It sounds unreasonable that one would actually believe they could change sexes and, therefore, are bigots for forcing the world to believe as they do.

I do struggle with my own issues, but not giving into the social pressure to believe a crazy person is not one of them. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

And if I was the owner of suddenly the most unpopular beer in America/Alabama, I would probably be doing CYA too. BTW, my last trip to my favorite sales locale saw Miller and Coors products sold all but out and Budweiser completely stocked and unsold. BTW, I usually bounce between Coors Light (the swimmers like it) and Stella which I learned recently is an AB Brand.

Look, we all KNOW that this is only for a while. Bud will sponsor some NASCAR, College Football, Spring Break Events, and all will be good. WE ALL KNOW THIS. America is pissed for a moment and will get over this like we always do. This was a poorly thought-out thing that blew up in their face. But like Edsels, New Coke, and the Dodge Le Femme the companies took their lumps and moved on. This too will pass. 

Free Speech means having to get thru not well thought out decisions too.

Speaking of college football, I also HATE the NCAA. They are 100% behind this bullsheyet. Just follow Riley Gaines. There’s nothing that makes sense about any of this. The house passed a Bill that would ban biological men from women and girls sports and NOT ONE SINGLE DEMOCRAT SUPPORTED IT. Not even one. How is this issue even political? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1