Congressman Assaults Citizen

15 minutes ago, homersapien said:

And it's no surprise I persistently reveal my idiocy in doing so.

There fixed it for you.

Pretty idiotic to think this kid is a victim here. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Leftfield said:

Do you think the fact Higgins was a Congressman had a part in that? If you were one of the police, would you hesitate to detain a Congressman in the middle of a news conference? 

That aside, do you agree that a person should be able to do this to another for whatever reason, with no consequences? You would be ok with this happening to a family member?

Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Apparently the protester is asking for legal advice to see if he should press charges.

Of coarse Higgins being a Congressman had a part in it.  They were there giving a press conference and a protester shows up disrupting the press conference.  Higgins knew he could do this and he did.  The police agreed as they detained the protester.

You can’t put this being a press conference in DC aside, that is why Higgins was able to do what he did.  I would say *assaults* happen all the time and depending on who is involved determines the level of a crime.  Take the nurse in NY that was assaulted by 4 or 5 males just trying to rent a Citi Bike.  That is assault and it is being painted as her being a KAREN. 

I don’t see this having legs enough to amount to anything.  However, it is against the Republicans, so it could reach the death penalty.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Of coarse Higgins being a Congressman had a part in it.  They were there giving a press conference and a protester shows up disrupting the press conference.  Higgins knew he could do this and he did.  The police agreed as they detained the protester.

You can’t put this being a press conference in DC aside, that is why Higgins was able to do what he did.  I would say *assaults* happen all the time and depending on who is involved determines the level of a crime.  Take the nurse in NY that was assaulted by 4 or 5 males just trying to rent a Citi Bike.  That is assault and it is being painted as her being a KAREN. 

I don’t see this having legs enough to amount to anything.  However, it is against the Republicans, so it could reach the death penalty.

Not to mention the kid was trying to charge around and get to the podium. Funny how this is assault, but riots where they steal and burn stores down is ok and peaceful. 

Kid is probably lucky it was Higgins and not the police. I could see him pushing back and arguing with an officer and he would have went down and gotten arrested. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Now, I fully expect you and others to say he was no threat...but like I said if he was a Trump supporter this would not be assault to you and you would be saying that he was being disrespectful and the one causing the problem.

Incorrect. Test me on it when a Democratic congressperson does this.

12 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Also, since Leftfield kept wanting to talk about a police officer doing this to someone.....if the police were right there at the time and saw him doing this they would have removed him and probably used more force.

Conversely....

12 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Go to about the 0:50 sec mark and you see this dumbass running up behind her trying to get to her....Higgins went into protection mode. He also tried to reason with him before this and he was still being an idiot. 

...if the protester was such a threat, why didn't the police stop him? Nothing happened until Higgins acted. Higgins tried to talk calmly to him initially, but he never asked the police to remove him, which is what he should have done.

And why would you feel threatened by this guy? You've already said you're tough and wouldn't feel threatened if you had been pushed around like he was.

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

https://www.kplctv.com/2023/05/18/congressman-clay-higgins-removes-activist-during-news-conference/

If my wife was doing what this kid was doing.....being disruptive and charging around to get up to a congress person like he did prompting someone to remove them because they thought he could have been charging to get to the congress person then she deserves it. 

Go to about the 0:50 sec mark and you see this dumbass running up behind her trying to get to her....Higgins went into protection mode. He also tried to reason with him before this and he was still being an idiot. 

It does not surprise me that only one part of this went viral, but it points to exactly what I said last night that I knew something happened before hand that led up to this. Now, I fully expect you and others to say he was no threat...but like I said if he was a Trump supporter this would not be assault to you and you would be saying that he was being disrespectful and the one causing the problem.

Also, since Leftfield kept wanting to talk about a police officer doing this to someone.....if the police were right there at the time and saw him doing this they would have removed him and probably used more force.

Quit trying to act like he is a victim here. 

First, stop mischaracterizing my posts. 

The congressman was an idiot for putting his hands on someone and committing assault. Whether or not you think the kid "had it coming" is irrelevant. 

You are simply denying the facts because of your own political bias.  This is not an argument about who had the most justification or guilt for what happened.  It's about what happened.

• Like 1

This guy will be on the Republican VP lists now— all these MAGA guys see him as a hero. They wanna be like him. Think they already are. 🤣

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Of coarse Higgins being a Congressman had a part in it.  They were there giving a press conference and a protester shows up disrupting the press conference.  Higgins knew he could do this and he did. 

So he used his position as Congressman to commit an act that a citizen cannot? 

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Two completely unrelated events. There is absolutely no comparison here, and it's a deflection.

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Wait, I thought Democrats always played the victim?

7 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Not to mention the kid was trying to charge around and get to the podium. Funny how this is assault, but riots where they steal and burn stores down is ok and peaceful. 

Kid is probably lucky it was Higgins and not the police. I could see him pushing back and arguing with an officer and he would have went down and gotten arrested. 

That's crazy.  The kid was maneuvering around with his phone held out front with both hands. He looked like anyone trying to get a picture.

And seriously,  "Funny how this is assault, but riots where they steal and burn stores down is ok and peaceful."

You really don't see how idiotic that sounds.   :laugh:

17 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

https://www.kplctv.com/2023/05/18/congressman-clay-higgins-removes-activist-during-news-conference/

If my wife was doing what this kid was doing.....being disruptive and charging around to get up to a congress person like he did prompting someone to remove them because they thought he could have been charging to get to the congress person then she deserves it. 

It does not surprise me that only one part of this went viral, but it points to exactly what I said last night that I knew something happened before hand that led up to this. Now, I fully expect you and others to say he was no threat...but like I said if he was a Trump supporter this would not be assault to you and you would be saying that he was being disrespectful and the one causing the problem.

Quit trying to act like he is a victim here. 

ok i admit i did not know he charged someone from behind i thought he was just running his mouth. and the guy never hit him so it was not really brutal. i agree with you but do you really think the little dude would have assaulted whomever he was trying to get to? i doubt it. the fact is no one  knows. i overthink stuff. lol but in the end i have to agree altho it is legally assault. unless it has changed you cannot put your hands on another person without their permission. period. now some would think a guy pushing for the extreme is being a richard when he should just let it go.

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

Incorrect. Test me on it when a Democratic congressperson does this.

Conversely....

...if the protester was such a threat, why didn't the police stop him? Nothing happened until Higgins acted. Higgins tried to talk calmly to him initially, but he never asked the police to remove him, which is what he should have done.

And why would you feel threatened by this guy? You've already said you're tough and wouldn't feel threatened if you had been pushed around like he was.

If you watch the news clip he says there was no police in the direct vicinity of where they were speaking he thought he de-escalated things then he comes running back around. That is when he acted and removed him.

17 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

There fixed it for you.

Pretty idiotic to think this kid is a victim here. 

That post was a great illustration of your intellectual and rhetorical limits - doctor your opponents post to turn it around.  Ooooooooo.    :laugh:

• Facepalm 1

Just now, wdefromtx said:

If you watch the news clip he says there was no police in the direct vicinity of where they were speaking he thought he de-escalated things then he comes running back around. That is when he acted and removed him.

until i see otherwise i have to agree with. but not some of that other crazy stuff you be spouting. how are ya wde? i am so fried on half a gummy i am just going with the flow............

8 minutes ago, homersapien said:

First, stop mischaracterizing my posts. 

The congressman was an idiot for putting his hands on someone and committing assault. Whether or not you think the kid "had it coming" is irrelevant. 

You are simply denying the facts because of your own political bias.  This is not an argument about who had the most justification or guilt for what happened.  It's about what happened.

Answer this.......if Higgins was a cop and saw him run up around like this and remove him in the same manner would you be saying it was assault as well? Or would you be saying he was trying to stop a perceived threat? 

you boyz chill. it is friday for gods sake. chill. breathe deep. do not make me pull out the sex tapes of you two................

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

until i see otherwise i have to agree with. but not some of that other crazy stuff you be spouting. how are ya wde? i am so fried on half a gummy i am just going with the flow............

Apparently not as fried as you are now. LOL But good.

Not sure what you are saying here............but sounds like you see why Higgins removed him? 

5 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

I stand corrected on the police presence.

Higgins still had no legal right to do what he did.

7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

ok i admit i did not know he charged someone from behind i thought he was just running his mouth. and the guy never hit him so it was not really brutal. i agree with you but do you really think the little dude would have assaulted whomever he was trying to get to? i doubt it. the fact is no one  knows. i overthink stuff. lol but in the end i have to agree altho it is legally assault. unless it has changed you cannot put your hands on another person without their permission. period. now some would think a guy pushing for the extreme is being a richard when he should just let it go.

With the crap that has happened today whose to say he did not have a knife.....even he could have done some damage. Hence why he removed him the way he did...if there had been cops right there I am sure they would have done it and it probably would have been with way more force. 

11 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

So he used his position as Congressman to commit an act that a citizen cannot? 

No, a citizen can do the same thing, it may or may not rise to the level of a crime.

13 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Wait, I thought Democrats always played the victim?

Well, in this case the Dems are playing the victim per usual.  It’s just not working.

18 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

LOL.....assault? 

It’s actually assault and battery. Civil torts but nonetheless. 

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I stand corrected on the police presence.

Higgins still had no legal right to do what he did.

Maybe he should have just let things play out, but how does he know he was not going to pull out a knife or something? He was obviously causing an issue and when he thought he had de-escalated things he comes bolting back. Assault would imply Higgins had intent to hurt him.....you can plainly see that he was just removing what he saw as a threat from the immediate area. 

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Well, in this case the Dems are playing the victim per usual.  It’s just not working.

Plays the victim, still blames a Democrat for playing the victim. 

Can't make this stuff up.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

If this was a family member I still would not consider it assault. I also would like to know what transpired before the video clip started. I’m not saying the congressman was in the right….but if people think that’s assault they need to grow thicker skin. 

It’s literally the definition of two separate torts. Assault and battery. Sorry you don’t like or understand the law. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Evade...

....evade....

....evade...

...aaaand evade.

So, neither of you will answer? Outstanding. 

Objection, non-responsive. The question I asked was…

• Haha 1