Congressman Assaults Citizen

25 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

LOL.....assault? 

"An intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact"

If you doubt it was an assault, what would you have said about a person who did that to a cop? Or a family member?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

"An intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact"

If you doubt it was an assault, what would you have said about a person who did that to a cop? Or a family member?

If this was a family member I still would not consider it assault. I also would like to know what transpired before the video clip started. I’m not saying the congressman was in the right….but if people think that’s assault they need to grow thicker skin. 

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

If this was a family member I still would not consider it assault. I also would like to know what transpired before the video clip started. I’m not saying the congressman was in the right….but if people think that’s assault they need to grow thicker skin. 

Then we'll also need to update the legal definition of assault, because that was it. You don't have the right to continually force a person away like that, if they've done nothing to you. I'd have had that jackass' nose in the dirt if he'd done that to me.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Also, you didn't answer about a cop. Do you think the police would accept someone doing this to them?

17 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Also, you didn't answer about a cop. Do you think the police would accept someone doing this to them?

Cops aren't typically bed-wetter's like this little punk, so an apple to oranges point your trying to make don't you think?

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Cops aren't typically bed-wetter's like this little punk, so an apple to oranges point your trying to make don't you think?

Care to answer?

• Haha 1

Just now, Leftfield said:

Care to answer?

LOL. I did. Irrelevant to try and correlate two drastically different personalities. 

I think the valid question would be more along the lines of should the congressman have handled this in the manner which he did. My answer to a more reasonable question such as that would be a resounding no. 

3 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

LOL. I did. Irrelevant to try and correlate two drastically different personalities. 

I think the valid question would be more along the lines of should the congressman have handled this in the manner which he did. My answer to a more reasonable question such as that would be a resounding no. 

Agree with the second part.

The first part makes no sense. It's a complete evade.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Police accepting this or not a comparing two totally different things.

The folks including this kid that think this is assault probably get upset if someone doesn’t use the correct pronouns. And as I said, I’d like to see what transpired before the clip. 

Lets face it, if he had a Trump shirt on no one on here would call it assault and this thread would not exist. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Agree with the second part.

The first part makes no sense. It's a complete evade.

Good

Good grief. Comparing the actions of a bed-wetter to a cop was dumb. I highly doubt a cop would be in that situation. But hey, I am trying to recall the last time I saw one interrupting a public address by politicians. Perhaps you can help?  

10 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Police accepting this or not a comparing two totally different things.

Evade...

The folks including this kid that think this is assault probably get upset if someone doesn’t use the correct pronouns. And as I said, I’d like to see what transpired before the clip. 

....evade....

Lets face it, if he had a Trump shirt on no one on here would call it assault and this thread would not exist. 

....evade...

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Good grief. Comparing the actions of a bed-wetter to a cop was dumb. I highly doubt a cop would be in that situation. But hey, I am trying to recall the last time I saw one interrupting a public address by politicians. Perhaps you can help?  

...aaaand evade.

So, neither of you will answer? Outstanding. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Evade...

....evade....

....evade...

...aaaand evade.

Are you intentionally obtuse?

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Evade...

....evade....

....evade...

...aaaand evade.

No it’s not assault. The kid was being disrespectful and if this made him anxious, felt like he was in imminent harm, or offended then he needs to suck it up. 

Happy? 

But since he was wearing a Bernie shirt his feelings were probably hurt so if that makes you think it was assault…but you do you. 

1 minute ago, AUFAN78 said:

Are you intentionally obtuse?

I'm not the one not answering the question. For some reason you act like it's a different situation. 

It's a very simple question....if someone did this to a cop, do you think they would be held for assault? Not necessarily charged, but held?

• Like 1

Just now, wdefromtx said:

No it’s not assault. The kid was being disrespectful and if this made him anxious, felt like he was in imminent harm, or offended then he needs to suck it up. 

Happy? 

But since he was wearing a Bernie shirt his feelings were probably hurt so if that makes you think it was assault…but you do you. 

The law disagrees with you.

Doesn't matter if the kid was being disrespectful. I don't agree with him, but he has that right. The congressman did not have the right to put his hands on him. I would say the same even if it were a Democratic congressman pushing around a MAGA.

• Like 1

I'm not the one not answering the question. For some reason you act like it's a different situation. 

It's a very simple question....if someone did this to a cop, do you think they would be held for assault? Not necessarily charged, but held?

So that is a yes?

I gave you the opportunity of showing an example of a cop interrupting a politicians public speech. I am still waiting. 

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

The law disagrees with you.

Doesn't matter if the kid was being disrespectful. I don't agree with him, but he has that right. The congressman did not have the right to put his hands on him. I would say the same even if it were a Democratic congressman pushing around a MAGA.

No the law does not disagree with me…

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.22.htm#:~:text=ASSAULT. (,including the person's spouse%3B or

ASSAULT. ( a) A person commits an offense if the person: (1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse; (2) intentionally or knowingly threatens another with imminent bodily injury, including the person's spouse; or.

2 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

So that is a yes?

I gave you the opportunity of showing an example of a cop interrupting a politicians public speech. I am still waiting. 

I can't, but it's completely irrelevant. How does it have any bearing whatsoever on whether it was assault?

And why do you expect me to answer your question when you won't answer mine?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

No the law does not disagree with me…

https://statutes.capitol.texas.gov/Docs/PE/htm/PE.22.htm#:~:text=ASSAULT. (,including the person's spouse%3B or

ASSAULT. ( a) A person commits an offense if the person: (1) intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly causes bodily injury to another, including the person's spouse; (2) intentionally or knowingly threatens another with imminent bodily injury, including the person's spouse; or.

Guess it's a good thing it happened in Louisiana and not Texas:

What Is Considered Assault in Louisiana?

Assault in Louisiana is an attempt to cause physical injury (a battery) to another person—for instance, attempting to strike someone with a hand or object and missing. Assault can also be any intentional act or threat of action that reasonably causes a person to feel afraid of impending violence.

(La. Rev. Stat. § 14:36 (2022).)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

I can't, but it's completely irrelevant. How does it have any bearing whatsoever on whether it was assault?

And why do you expect me to answer your question when you won't answer mine?

Yours is dumb, mine legit and likely validates the point.

• Haha 4

Still no answer then?

You tell me. I answered you already. Your at the plate.