AURex

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

"ideological symptom"?

:dunno:

Lmao! 

23 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Lmao! 

That doesn't  help. 

I have no idea what you meant by "ideological symptom" - other than you think it hilarious to ask.  :-\

Edited by homersapien

15 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Still doesn’t address the problem. Typical 

I wasn't addressing the problem. I was addressing the comment.

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

That doesn't  help. 

I have no idea what you meant by "ideological symptom" - other than you think it hilarious to ask.  :-\

No. I think it’s hilarious you can’t see the meaning behind the statement. 

18 hours ago, autigeremt said:

No. I think it’s hilarious you can’t see the meaning behind the statement. 

Well, sometimes I can be a little dense. 

Sorry to bother you by asking for you to explain, which is apparently beneath - or beyond - you.

Actually, all this tired, retread argument about guns really sidesteps the OP. Other countries, including our allies, are now advising their citizens to vacation elsewhere, not come to the U.S.

This is not just a political issue, it is also an economic issue. Tourism is a notable part of the U.S. economy. Students coming to the U.S. to study at U.S. universities is an economic issue. Representatives of corporations in other countries coming to the U.S. is an economic issue. Foreign purchase of U.S. products and services is an economic issue.

If other countries, including our most favored nations in trade and tourism are recommending that their citizens avoid travel in the U.S. FOR ANY REASON, that is not good.

Fact is, like it or not, a lot of our long-time trading partners and friendly allies are now telling their citizens to stay away from the U.S. Retards can say "so what, screw em'" but reality is, that has consequences for our country at large.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/31/2023 at 10:34 PM, AURex said:

Actually, all this tired, retread argument about guns really sidesteps the OP. Other countries, including our allies, are now advising their citizens to vacation elsewhere, not come to the U.S.

This is not just a political issue, it is also an economic issue. Tourism is a notable part of the U.S. economy. Students coming to the U.S. to study at U.S. universities is an economic issue. Representatives of corporations in other countries coming to the U.S. is an economic issue. Foreign purchase of U.S. products and services is an economic issue.

If other countries, including our most favored nations in trade and tourism are recommending that their citizens avoid travel in the U.S. FOR ANY REASON, that is not good.

Fact is, like it or not, a lot of our long-time trading partners and friendly allies are now telling their citizens to stay away from the U.S. Retards can say "so what, screw em'" but reality is, that has consequences for our country at large.

“For any reason”?   Since guns have been here since our founding, I think the thing that has changed is crime - and we seem to be unwilling to address that.   

Also, I would suggest it is better to not surrender your values / rights “for any price”.  

• Thanks 1

It's not just guns. There is a LOT of physical violence against people who are not white Americans, who have any sort of accent. They get beaten on the sidewalks, harassed in restaurants and stores, condemned on social media, etc. There is a lot of verbal harassment/intimidation/assaults in public places. It is the culture of white nationalism that pervades the New Right, affecting not only foreign visitors to the U.S., but also U.S. citizens who don't look white enough.

Whatever the reason, when other countries, especially our most favored economic and social allies, advise their citizens to avoid the U.S., it affects our country economically (and I would personally say socially). Most tech companies seek tech talent from India, Taiwan, the Scandinavian countries, etc, on H1B visas. If their country is advising their most talented people to avoid the U.S., that affects not only tourism, but our economic success.

And have you looked at the percentage of students at our better universities are from other countries? Even an average public university like Auburn. They pay out-of-state tuition, keeping tuition lower for Alabama students. If those students are advised bot to come to the U.S., instead go to top universities in England, France, Italy, Sweden, Finland, etc -- that is our loss.

White nationalists can assert this is not a problem for the U.S. I call BS on that. It is as problem, and they are the cause. Not guns. Cultural racism. When you have thousands of "Karens" (male and female racists) socially enabled and running wild in public, people from other countries do not feel safe here.

Edited by AURex
  • Facepalm 2

9 minutes ago, AURex said:

There is a LOT of physical violence against people who are not white Americans, who have any sort of accent. They get beaten on the sidewalks,

Do not know where you live but I would leave tonight.

• Dislike 1

41 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Do not know where you live but I would leave tonight.

I don't know where you live, but I'm pretty sure it is deep south white nationalist social neighborhood. 😐

Edited by AURex
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AURex said:

It's not just guns. There is a LOT of physical violence against people who are not white Americans, who have any sort of accent. They get beaten on the sidewalks, harassed in restaurants and stores, condemned on social media, etc. There is a lot of verbal harassment/intimidation/assaults in public places. It is the culture of white nationalism that pervades the New Right, affecting not only foreign visitors to the U.S., but also U.S. citizens who don't look white enough.

Whatever the reason, when other countries, especially our most favored economic and social allies, advise their citizens to avoid the U.S., it affects our country economically (and I would personally say socially). Most tech companies seek tech talent from India, Taiwan, the Scandinavian countries, etc, on H1B visas. If their country is advising their most talented people to avoid the U.S., that affects not only tourism, but our economic success.

And have you looked at the percentage of students at our better universities are from other countries? Even an average public university like Auburn. They pay out-of-state tuition, keeping tuition lower for Alabama students. If those students are advised bot to come to the U.S., instead go to top universities in England, France, Italy, Sweden, Finland, etc -- that is our loss.

White nationalists can assert this is not a problem for the U.S. I call BS on that. It is as problem, and they are the cause. Not guns. Cultural racism. When you have thousands of "Karens" (male and female racists) socially enabled and running wild in public, people from other countries do not feel safe here.

While I certainly won't defend ANY racially based organizations, I'm sure there are lots of different people perpetuating racially based crimes against immigrants, tourists, students, etc and although they are ALL wrong, they all aren't committed by white nationalists.  Crime is a big problem and there is a lot of blame to go around.  I could care less about the race or ideology of anyone that commits a crime - find people that can't / won't follow the laws and respect other people and put them in jail - it's that simple.

35 minutes ago, AURex said:

I don't know where you live, but I'm pretty sure it is deep south white nationalist social neighborhood. 😐

I wasn't aware there are white nationalist neighborhoods - definitely a place to stay away from if they exist, but it sure seems like a stretch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2