Alabama losing out on space center

AURex

Due to Alabama's restrictive abortion law and Tuberville's one-man crusade that is blocking all higher level military promotions, it looks like the home for the U.S. Space Command may not be based in Huntsville as originally planned.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/biden-admin-may-halt-move-space-command-alabama-abortion-law-rcna84336

1 hour ago, AURex said:

Due to Alabama's restrictive abortion law and Tuberville's one-man crusade that is blocking all higher level military promotions, it looks like the home for the U.S. Space Command may not be based in Huntsville as originally planned.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/military/biden-admin-may-halt-move-space-command-alabama-abortion-law-rcna84336

If he ever thought about it, Bungling Biden wouldn't have placed this in Alabama anyway. It's convenient for the liberals to blame Alabama state law and Tuberville though. Very handy for them.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Mikey said:

If he ever thought about it, Bungling Biden wouldn't have placed this in Alabama anyway. It's convenient for the liberals to blame Alabama state law and Tuberville though. Very handy for them.

Um, just curious, what do you mean by "Bungling Biden wouldn't have placed this in Alabama anyway"? Putting it at Huntsville was the original plan. It was destined for Alabama until the Alabama wingnuts went ballistic.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AURex said:

It was destined for Alabama

Destined by Trump, or the Bungler in Chief?

"Administration officials said the push not to headquarter Spacecom in Huntsville has nothing to do with Alabama Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville's blocking of at least 234 of Biden’s military nominations in protest against the Pentagon’s abortion policy. Still, one official said, “He’s not helping.” Other officials said the White House does not plan to announce its halting of Spacecom's move to Alabama until after the standoff with Tuberville over nominees was resolved."

Seems like "turnabout is fair play" to me.

Good.  No need to rush into militarizing space.  Ourselves and the Israelis are the only countries on earth that will not sign an agreement to keep space demilitarized. 

22 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Good.  No need to rush into militarizing space.  Ourselves and the Israelis are the only countries on earth that will not sign an agreement to keep space demilitarized. 

It's because we want those Israeli space lasers ;)

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, arein0 said:

It's because we want those Israeli space lasers ;)

I completely forgot they had that technology.   It all makes sense now.

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Mikey said:

Destined by Trump, or the Bungler in Chief?

By Trump, who was, yes, the Bungler in Chief.

15 minutes ago, AURex said:

By Trump, who was, yes, the Bungler in Chief.

Ah, so it was Trump's plan to put those headquarters in Alabama. Surprise, surprise. Bungling Biden probably just now found out about it and changed it. So Senator Tuberville and Alabama laws had nothing to do with this Democrat boondoggle. Figures.

16 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Ah, so it was Trump's plan to put those headquarters in Alabama. Surprise, surprise. Bungling Biden probably just now found out about it and changed it. So Senator Tuberville and Alabama laws had nothing to do with this Democrat boondoggle. Figures.

Alabama laws and Tuberville had everything to do with it. It is not a "Democrat boondoggle." It is Federal decision making based  on the political policy regarding abortion and women's rights.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

mikey has become a joke on the fam. he lies and then smears others to back his lies. he is well known by the mods in fact. he has been known to double back on something he said and change it after the fact. he does not argue in any kind of good faith. he walks around like he has a depends full of doody and it just makes him crazy and he makes a fool of himself. some people you cannot be nice to. they take it for weakness. trust me bird and others have had it out with mikey and the same ol lying bullcrap as always. i have never known bird to ever lie about anything. they need to give mikey a coloring book and put him in the back room to keep him busy and maybe keep his lies off the board.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

mikey has become a joke on the fam. he lies and then smears others to back his lies. he is well known by the mods in fact. he has been known to double back on something he said and change it after the fact. he does not argue in any kind of good faith. he walks around like he has a depends full of doody and it just makes him crazy and he makes a fool of himself. some people you cannot be nice to. they take it for weakness. trust me bird and others have had it out with mikey and the same ol lying bullcrap as always. i have never known bird to ever lie about anything. they need to give mikey a coloring book and put him in the back room to keep him busy and maybe keep his lies off the board.

Bitter much? Go surf the net in search of yet another asinine liberal falsehood. That stuff you find is a HOOT!

10 hours ago, AURex said:

Alabama laws and Tuberville had everything to do with it. It is not a "Democrat boondoggle." It is Federal decision making based  on the political policy regarding abortion and women's rights.

Not according to your buddy homer. Quoting him, from above: "Administration officials said the push not to headquarter Spacecom in Huntsville has nothing to do with Alabama Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville's blocking of at least 234 of Biden’s military nominations in protest against the Pentagon’s abortion policy."

3 hours ago, Mikey said:

Not according to your buddy homer. Quoting him, from above: "Administration officials said the push not to headquarter Spacecom in Huntsville has nothing to do with Alabama Republican Sen. Tommy Tuberville's blocking of at least 234 of Biden’s military nominations in protest against the Pentagon’s abortion policy."

:no:

First, that is not quoting me.   I didn't say that. That was from the NBC article who quoted the Administration.

And the point of it was to illustrate the fact that Tuberville has been blocking military nominations to protest the Pentagon's abortion policy.

To which, I said "turnabout seems like fair play" which is acknowledging that "Alabama laws and Tuberville had everything to do with it" as AURex said. 

So AURex is correct and I agree with him.

So once again, you are wrong and/or confused.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

I'm not sure what the issue is with Mikey. Alabama AG has said they will prosecute any MD who provides abortions. Federal regulations specify that MDs can and will provide abortions to military personnel. Why woukd the Federal Government want to put people in a state in which they cannot receive federally mandated health care?

And to think that Tuberville's continuing blockade of military promotions is not an issue -- well, the official blabber may say otherwise, but Space Command is a military agency. I call BS on that one.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, homersapien said:

First, that is not quoting me.   I didn't say that

So you posted a quote and then disclaim said quote. Interesting.

21 minutes ago, AURex said:

I'm not sure what the issue is with Mikey.

The issue is that Bungling Biden would not have allowed said headquarters to be placed in Alabama anyway. All this blather about Senator Tuberville and state laws is irrelevant.

• Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

So you posted a quote and then disclaim said quote. Interesting.

You find it "interesting" that quoting someone else's quote doesn't mean you said it, but they did?  :laugh:

Well, I suppose even a MAGA is capable of learning. ;D

Edited by homersapien

1. Space Command is an Agency within the Department of Defense, mostly Air Force. It is military. Tuberville has blocked all higher level military appointment and promotions based on his one-man abortion crusade. Space Command cannot recruit top level personnel and function properly without senior level leadership. Tuberville is making that impossible.

2. Federal regulations specifically require that federal/military agencies/locations/bases will provide female members with maternal health care, including abortion when doctor and patient determine it is the proper decision. Alabama has decided that politicians are medical experts, and will prosecute any doctors who perform abortions. This is contrary to federal regulations.

Space Command was scheduled to move from Colorado to Huntsville, because, yeh, NASA = Space. But due to those two issues, the MILITARY have advised against moving to Huntsville, and the Biden administration is listening to the MILITARY recommendations.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, AURex said:

1. Space Command is an Agency within the Department of Defense, mostly Air Force. It is military. Tuberville has blocked all higher level military appointment and promotions based on his one-man abortion crusade. Space Command cannot recruit top level personnel and function properly without senior level leadership. Tuberville is making that impossible.

2. Federal regulations specifically require that federal/military agencies/locations/bases will provide female members with maternal health care, including abortion when doctor and patient determine it is the proper decision. Alabama has decided that politicians are medical experts, and will prosecute any doctors who perform abortions. This is contrary to federal regulations.

Space Command was scheduled to move from Colorado to Huntsville, because, yeh, NASA = Space. But due to those two issues, the MILITARY have advised against moving to Huntsville, and the Biden administration is listening to the MILITARY recommendations.

At the risk of being repetitive, Biden wouldn't have allowed that plumb to be placed in Alabama anyway. It will go to a blue state.

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

At the risk of being repetitive, Biden wouldn't have allowed that plumb to be placed in Alabama anyway. It will go to a blue state.

Give us the evidence to support your assertion. Prove it to us. We be waitin'.

And by the way, plumb by definition = "A weight on the end of a line, used to determine water depth." Not sure what that has to do with this discussion.

Time to sign off on this one, Mikey. You got nuthin.

Edited by AURex

10 hours ago, AURex said:

Give us the evidence to support your assertion. Prove it to us. We be waitin'.

And by the way, plumb by definition = "A weight on the end of a line, used to determine water depth." Not sure what that has to do with this discussion.

Time to sign off on this one, Mikey. You got nuthin.

I have as much as you do. You have no evidence, only speculation that Tuberville's actions and Alabama's laws caused a site to be moved. Common sense and experience from watching the Biden administration are on my side of this.