Biblical Marriage

AURex

4 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

God is God.

Allah is a dead guy who favored goats.

Humans in the past have worshiped numerous gods.  God commanded that there be no other gods before Him. So God was the one who used the term “other gods”. That’s good enough for me.

Didn't read through to see if anyone has corrected this yet or not.

Allah = God

God = Allah

They are the same God of Abraham. Islam believes Jesus was a prophet and not the son of God. Christians don't believe Muhammed was a prophet at all. Same base God, different beliefs on people/deities after that. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AURex said:

No, because you and your conspirators  endeavor to shove your beliefs on the rest of society, turn our democracy into a theocracy.

No doubt he is imagining himself as Daniel, and us as the lions.    ;)

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

It is not. Do not come on with the innocent as always BS you guys have perfected. 

“Yes it's myth.” Per your own Brother Homer regarding the Bible. Whom you agree with. 

You equate "it's myth" with "dead guy who favors goats"?

Where did I, or Homer, insult God? 

• Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Obviously I don’t believe I am wrong about God, Jesus, the Bible, and Salvation. That will not change.  The laughable part of your response: “consign others to hell”.  Attributing that to me is misplaced. God will do that when you arrive at the judgement seat if He finds you unfit. That is between you and Him. 

It was a figure of speech.

But it's rather telling you didn't address the part about your desire to make your religion the law of the land, which of course is the main point. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

It was a figure of speech.

But it's rather telling you didn't address the part about your desire to make your religion the law of the land, which of course is the main point. 

How am I trying to make my religion the law of the land?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

How am I trying to make my religion the law of the land?

You have stated that the Bible is the literal word of God. Furthermore, you have stated that failing to accept that means a person will go to hell. So what does that say about our country if most reject that? Are you really going to deny your previous comments that this country's problems began when we pushed prayer out of schools and turned away from God? Considering your additional statements that you can't separate your beliefs from your politics, do you really expect me to believe you don't think our government and laws should follow the Bible so everyone can be saved? You've already shown you will not accept others living by laws that don't comport with your beliefs (abortion, gay marriage, etc) even though they don't affect you.

Do you believe the Ten Commandments should be displayed in every classroom and court room? Should the Bible have a more prominent place in our society than the Quran, the Book of Mormon, etc? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AURex said:

Of course, none of this has to do with the OP, which was about the FACT that the Bible actually condoned many different forms of sexual relationships, and did NOT define relationships in terms of only only one-male-one-female. The Bible accepts many different forms of sexual relationships.

If you do not agree - you do not know the Bible! And you DO. NOT. ACCEPT. GOD'S. WORD!

No, you do not know the Bible. 

https://www.thepublicdiscourse.com/2014/05/13054/

“The only form of marriage that existed before the fall was between one man and one woman. The narrative trajectory of the Old Testament shows that all other versions were the result of sin.”

9 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Didn't read through to see if anyone has corrected this yet or not.

Allah = God

God = Allah

They are the same God of Abraham. Islam believes Jesus was a prophet and not the son of God. Christians don't believe Muhammed was a prophet at all. Same base God, different beliefs on people/deities after that. 

i have some diest in me. you should check it out sometime.

17 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

God is God.

Allah is a dead guy who favored goats.

Humans in the past have worshiped numerous gods.  God commanded that there be no other gods before Him. So God was the one who used the term “other gods”. That’s good enough for me.

I assume you mean Muhammad, as Allah is the god of Islam and has never had a human form. 

If you had been born/raised in Saudi Arabia instead of the United States there is a very, very, very strong chance you would be a devout Muslim at this point in your life, full of as much devotion to that Religion as you have to Christianity right now and would just as strongly believe that Christianity was the false religion. What the Bible said to you in that situation would be as meaningless to you as what the Koran means to you  right now....the bible would just be another false book and false God.  

Don't be so quick to believe in your own religious superiority as Muslims are very similar in their beliefs and convictions as you are, and both beliefs are based on the teaching of old religious books written by men. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I assume you mean Muhammad, as Allah is the god of Islam and has never had a human form. 

If you had been born/raised in Saudi Arabia instead of the United States there is a very, very, very strong chance you would be a devout Muslim at this point in your life, full of as much devotion to that Religion as you have to Christianity right now and would just as strongly believe that Christianity was the false religion. What the Bible said to you in that situation would be as meaningless to you as what the Koran means to you  right now....the bible would just be another false book and false God.  

Don't be so quick to believe in your own religious superiority. 

People don't seem to understand this. One of the massive holes in Christianity is that you are damned if you don't accept Jesus as your lord and savior. So, that basically damn's 70% of the world to an eternity of torment and hell. And a majority of the people who are damned, are just following the practices of their culture. So what Christianity is doing, for the most part is preaching that most everyone who is not of a western background is destined for an afterlife of hell. Which does nothing but feed white supremacy. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, jj3jordan said:

several members are constantly disrespectful to Jesus, God, the Bible, churches, Catholics, Baptists, preachers, pastors, et al.

Which of these are above reproach?  IMHO,,, only Jesus.  Jesus is God.  The others represent religion, a construct of man.  They are all flawed and,,, when they are wrong or, use in a hurtful, destructive manner, must be seen for what they are.

Blind faith is Jesus is fine.  Blind faith in humans is foolish.

21 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

One of the massive holes in Christianity is that you are damned if you don't accept Jesus as your lord and savior.

I am not so sure we all understand this the same way. 

Think about the "christian" who accepts that Jesus is God but,,, doesn't even attempt to live by His commandment of love.

Now, think about the agnostic who is uncertain Jesus is God but,,, lives by the tenets of Jesus, attempts to live as a caring, loving member of humanity.

Which one is actually closer to "accepting" Jesus. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

People don't seem to understand this. One of the massive holes in Christianity is that you are damned if you don't accept Jesus as your lord and savior. So, that basically damn's 70% of the world to an eternity of torment and hell. And a majority of the people who are damned, are just following the practices of their culture. So what Christianity is doing, for the most part is preaching that most everyone who is not of a western background is destined for an afterlife of hell. Which does nothing but feed white supremacy. 

A lot of  Protestant Christians do seem to believe that, and it's what a literal interpretation of the Bible seems to suggest. Pretty bleak outlook IMO where whether you go to heaven or hell is almost entirely dependent on what area of the world you were born into. 

There are Christians who have come up with some "solutions" for this problem though. Some Christians believe that being exposed to Jesus/Bible/Christianity and choosing to deny it is a requirement of being sent to hell, so all the people who were never taught the Bible get a free ride into Heaven without having to worry about it because they were never really given a choice. In that case it sounds like people who were taught Christianity get a bad deal in that they are required to live by the Bible and struggle with the commands and the Jesus vs Devil dynamic, while others around the world aren't bound by that requirement. 

Some other believe that on the judgement day everyone in human history will be raised up and exposed to God and will be given some kind of final chance to decide if they believe or not before being sent to judgement so that everyone in Hell would have been given the chance to accept God before being sent there.  

But yes, Christianity has the same problem all Religions have. They all started in one specific, small area of the world where their religious books/ideas were first written/compiled and then were required to be spread around seemingly undivinely by human missionaries and teachers. Some places never receive it...receive it hundreds or thousands of years later, or had already accepted other similar or different religious beliefs that are ingrained into society before that religion makes it there. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger

13 hours ago, Leftfield said:

You equate "it's myth" with "dead guy who favors goats"?

Where did I, or Homer, insult God? 

Well,,, if you disagree with me,,, you must be insulting God.

• Like 1

Every religion has been tainted by men who wish to use the religion to serve their own interests and needs.  The goal is not the understanding of religion, it's nuanced rules, traditions, orthodoxies.  Our goal is to learn to love as Jesus loves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Think about the "christian" who accepts that Jesus is God but,,, doesn't even attempt to live by His commandment of love.

Now, think about the agnostic who is uncertain Jesus is God but,,, lives by the tenets of Jesus, attempts to live as a caring, loving member of humanity.

I completely agree with you. Unfortunately the masses do not see it that way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Said before that I struggle with that one ICHY. Known some great people that claimed agnostic (not to be taken as Brother Homer). Close Jewish friend I coached youth baseball with passed away last year. Loved kids and gave countless hours to helping young men. Can not and refuse to imagine him in hell.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Re read some of Brother Homers post. Maybe some of your own. Was not said bluntly like JJ but the same thing.

Stop lying Salty. It's unbecoming of a fine Christian gentleman such as yourself.

I've never insulted Jesus and would have no reason to do so.  Like Ghandi, I have a very high regard for Jesus - just not some Christians.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Leftfield said:

You have stated that the Bible is the literal word of God. Furthermore, you have stated that failing to accept that means a person will go to hell. So what does that say about our country if most reject that? Are you really going to deny your previous comments that this country's problems began when we pushed prayer out of schools and turned away from God? Considering your additional statements that you can't separate your beliefs from your politics, do you really expect me to believe you don't think our government and laws should follow the Bible so everyone can be saved? You've already shown you will not accept others living by laws that don't comport with your beliefs (abortion, gay marriage, etc) even though they don't affect you.

Do you believe the Ten Commandments should be displayed in every classroom and court room? Should the Bible have a more prominent place in our society than the Quran, the Book of Mormon, etc? 

Yes I did.  Failing to accept Jesus will condemn a person to hell according to the Bible, not according to me. That most of our country will be condemned to hell if they do not accept Jesus. No. It is easy to see the correlation if you are willing to look. I don’t care what you believe. If society followed the New Testament and lived for Jesus most of our problems would be solved and yes, everyone who accepts Jesus would be saved. I can’t change how anyone lives their life, just don’t force me to accept that it is normal, natural, or approved according to the Bible. They ultimately could affect my grandchildren should they be mired in woke public schools. Yes. Yes.

15 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

I can’t change how anyone lives their life, just don’t force me to accept that it is normal, natural, or approved according to the Bible. They ultimately could affect my grandchildren should they be mired in woke public schools. Yes. Yes.

Then put your family into private Christian schools where they wont be taught or exposed to anything you don't agree with. Don't try to force everyone else's education to agree with your religious beliefs 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Then put your family into private Christian schools where they wont be taught or exposed to anything you don't agree with. Don't try to force everyone else's education to agree with your religious beliefs 

Potentially could happen. I wouldn’t dream of forcing my religious beliefs on anybody. Just teach the basics. Reading math history science discipline.  Leave the politics out of it. It is not “us” that are infusing controversial subjects into the curriculum.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

18 minutes ago, jj3jordan said:

Potentially could happen. I wouldn’t dream of forcing my religious beliefs on anybody. Just teach the basics. Reading math history science discipline.  Leave the politics out of it. It is not “us” that are infusing controversial subjects into the curriculum.

You just answered that you believe the Ten Commandments should be displayed in every classroom. You also said the Bible should have greater influence on our society than any other religious text. Yet now you're saying you wouldn't force your beliefs on anyone. Which is it?

1 hour ago, jj3jordan said:

I can’t change how anyone lives their life, just don’t force me to accept that it is normal, natural, or approved according to the Bible. 

Mark 12:31

The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.”