Trump Finally Faces Consequences for Decades of Alleged Sexual Abuse

17 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

So the jury ruled he didn't rape her but he still somehow defamed her for denying he raped her.....

you are a lowlife to take up for anything trump. if your mom was the victim you would not be blabbing all this crap all over the board. it is a bad look. the man FORCED himself on here.period. he has at last count 26 women coming forward with assault and rape allegations and you  people think it is money grabbers.

10 hours ago, Auburnfan91 said:

Actually no, the jury didn't say he did the exact same thing.

To qualify as sexual abuse, the judge said the law does not define which parts of the body are intimate:

The judge gave the jury a very low threshold on the "battery" part. The judge explained earlier in the trial that even a gentle but unwanted peck of the cheek can be battery:

https://apnews.com/article/trump-rape-trial-explainer-b81969ba9e3cc0406909497f87e9e14c

So basically, all the jury had to be convinced of is that at the very least Trump gave Carrol an unwanted peck on the cheek in order to find him guilty of sexual abuse.

This is incorrect. For a general claim of battery all the jury had to be convinced of was that Trump gave her an unwanted peck on the cheek. 

For a claim of sexual abuse, it has to be battery of an intimate area. Which means the above plus more. 

you quote the judge’s correct statement about battery torts and then conflate it into an incorrect statement about sexual abuse torts.

Any more seasoned attorneys than I on here correct me if I’m wrong please  

regardless, he still defamed her as well and there’s no spin for that. 

Edited by Didba
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, TexasTiger said:

Are you that clueless? Rhetorical, btw.

he is a die hard maga cat from way back. i swear i think trump could molest a child and get away with it with his followers. little jesus my ass. those cats are mostly cray as hell. and they call me crazy...............

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I don't feel like him mistaking a photo of  E. Jean Carroll for his ex wife and then immediately pivoting to  "she's not my type" is getting the traction it deserves. What an awkward af moment. If your defense is going to be that you couldn't have SA'd a woman because she's not your type, the worst thing you can do is mistake her for someone you married. Also, isn't one of Trump's big digs at Biden that he's too old and senile to be president? Isn't mistaking other women for your ex wife THE stereotypical old senile move?

We laughed and laughed at that yesterday at the law firm. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

His lawyers must love representing him. You literally cannot speculate his next move. The easiest way to try to strategize, if you're representing Trump is to just assume he's going to do the worst thing he could do for himself. 

I wonder just how many lawyers have represented him at this point.

I'd ask a fortune for doing so. (Paid up front of course.)

Edited by homersapien

9 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

you  people think it is money grabbers.

Trump aside; after 30 years would this person have filed a law suit against you for the same thing?

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Trump aside; after 30 years would this person have filed a law suit against you for the same thing?

of course not. i am not a thug. i do not mistreat women. i do not harm women. i do not assault them. you people are morons. look at ALL the crap trump has done and yet you guys still want to kiss up to trump. you must have been educated at trump university right? well if you got in and out before they shut it down. funny the law said it was a scam and trump had to pay 25 million dollars. the only frigging fake news about trump is you guys continue to take up for him.

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:
7 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

of course not. i am not a thug. i do not mistreat women. i do not harm women. i do not assault them. you people are morons. look at ALL the crap trump has done and yet you guys still want to kiss up to trump. you must have been educated at trump university right? well if you got in and out before they shut it down. funny the law said it was a scam and trump had to pay 25 million dollars. the only frigging fake news about trump is you guys continue to take up for him.

Don’t fall for his deflections. 

• Facepalm 1

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Why do you always miss the point?  No person would sue someone for rape after 30 years if there was not money involved.

Just now, Didba said:

Don’t fall for his deflections. 

yes he speaks with a forked tongue. he gives himself away every single time he posts something. i do not give any of them a pass. trump is a career criminal who had money and bought off his troubles. he has tried to burn this country to the ground. he has ramped up violence in this country. words matter. and when trump tells his followers to hit em again it has emboldened his followers. hell he tried to steal an election.cozying up to racists and white nationalists. hell if it was black nationalists the right would lose their mind. i mean these people are wearing death patches now. this is a shameful point in our history and the repukes are to blame.

• Love 1

3 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why do you always miss the point?  No person would sue someone for rape after 30 years if there was not money involved.

have you ever noticed when you come at me with lies how i stay on you like a bulldog? there are a lot of people like that. you want to give a piece of s*** the benefit of the doubt. back in the nineties i did some stuff for second chance.we did a lot of stuff but the one i am most proud of is having a christmas party where every child got a gift. they got to see santa. they have a live band and everyone had soa with pizza and ice cream. man what a great memory. but my point is when you are around these people you hear many things about rape and the causes,etc. i was invited to be a counselor for them i turned them down because of my own family sorrows with rape and etc. just admit you like trump dude. you are still taking up for him. you have to live with it not me.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

pride, honor,justice. are you a woman? this lady hurt for many years and she finally rose up and faced trump. this is a scary thing because hell even thirteen years olds that went to court dropped everything and moved because her family was threatened. i will not post the article again because i have done so. see? you are tending this womans business instead of minding your own business. also people like you make it harder to get a sexual assault or rape charges to stick.

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

have you ever noticed when you come at me with lies how i stay on you like a bulldog? there are a lot of people like that. you want to give a piece of s*** the benefit of the doubt. back in the nineties i did some stuff for second chance.we did a lot of stuff but the one i am most proud of is having a christmas party where every child got a gift. they got to see santa. they have a live band and everyone had soa with pizza and ice cream. man what a great memory. but my point is when you are around these people you hear many things about rape and the causes,etc. i was invited to be a counselor for them i turned them down because of my own family sorrows with rape and etc. just admit you like trump dude. you are still taking up for him. you have to live with it not me.

My original post:

I’m not talking about Trump, hence the qualifier, but you can’t let that man go.  You coming at me like a bulldog is only in your mind.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

My original post:

I’m not talking about Trump, hence the qualifier, but you can’t let that man go.  You coming at me like a bulldog is only in your mind.

the whole damn thread is about trump dude. Maybe YOU need to put the bong down.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

pride, honor,justice. are you a woman? this lady hurt for many years and she finally rose up and faced trump. this is a scary thing because hell even thirteen years olds that went to court dropped everything and moved because her family was threatened. i will not post the article again because i have done so. see? you are tending this womans business instead of minding your own business. also people like you make it harder to get a sexual assault or rape charges to stick.

Yet she is soothed now because she got $5 million dollars. I see your point.  Oh and she wasn’t raped according to the jury.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

Yet she is soothed now because she got $5 million dollars. I see your point.  Oh and she wasn’t raped according to the jury.

she was assaulted AND slandered.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

the whole damn thread is about trump dude. Maybe YOU need to put the bong down.

It’s not my fault you can’t read or elect to ignore what is printed.

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, but my audience is this message board.  If my audience was the entire country, the answer would be yes.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

No, but my audience is this message board.  If my audience was the entire country, the answer would be yes.

If you want to be a celebrity, you're going to have to accept your side of that double-edged sword.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

If you want to be a celebrity, you're going to have to accept your side of that double-edged sword.

That’s the whole point, isn’t it.

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

That’s the whole point, isn’t it.

Sure. He's been given cover his entire life because of his celebrity status and gotten away with far more than he should have been able to.  It's helped him a lot more than it's hurt him so far.

But you also ignore that he's been accused of similar behavior with others. Maybe she wouldn't have thought it was worth it to come forward if he had actually become a decent human being in the interim? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

But you also ignore that he's been accused of similar behavior with others. Maybe she wouldn't have thought it was worth it to come forward if he had actually become a decent human being in the interim? 

I have not ignored his behavior, I know it’s boorish behavior.  I do not support the man for the Republican nominee.  As to your last sentence; we will never know.

Just now, I_M4_AU said:

I have not ignored his behavior, I know it’s boorish behavior.  I do not support the man for the Republican nominee.  As to your last sentence; we will never know.

You may not ignore it ingeneral, but you seem to in this discussion. Do you not deem it relevant? I think it's quite possible nothing would have happened to him had he not done this (allegedly) to anyone else, not been a monumental a-hole, or at the very least ever apologized or shown remorse.

All you've said is that she never would have come forward if he wasn't who he is. While that may be true, he also only has himself to blame for who he is.

5 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

All you've said is that she never would have come forward if he wasn't who he is. While that may be true, he also only has himself to blame for who he is.

This is correct.

Kind of ironic that the people that tout "accountability" so much on this forum are the ones defending Trump after he has finally been held accountable for his actions. Maybe they need a lesson on what accountability actually is? 🤷‍♂️