this guy says we have a new QB

aubiefifty

Brian Stultz

@brianjstultz

·

4h

This is who Hugh Freeze has wanted since he entered on Sunday. Auburn went to work quickly.

Quote Tweet

College Transfer Portal

@CollegeFBPortal

·

5h

Sources tell me that Michigan State transfer QB, Payton Thorne, is heading to Auburn. Announcement coming soon @payton15thorne

i could not get the link to work dang it.go to AUFAMILY on twitter and you can look for yourself. i hope the guys saying this is legit. and i hope i have not jumped the gun..............

Edited by aubiefifty

• aubiefifty changed the title to this guy says we have a new QB...........

just remember boys...........if it is true..........i did not make yall wait until i got back from costco.

• Like 2

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, aucat said:

former 3*, from a 5-7 team ?

You're pretty much splitting hairs between him or Casey Thompson and that's pretty much the best Auburn could get at this point. You could do worse 

On 5/3/2023 at 7:54 PM, aubiefifty said:

just remember boys...........if it is true..........i did not make yall wait until i got back from costco.

😂😂😂 love ya fifty don’t ever change 

• Like 3

• WarTiger changed the title to this guy says we have a new QB
14 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Fwiw, I'd probably take either Casey or Thorne over Tyler Buchner lol. Not a huge gap amongst all 3 but just personal preference 

I dunno...seems like a pretty significant gap between Thorne and Buchner:

image.thumb.png.f26e925c31092d85cf91922b118340a0.png

image.thumb.png.676522f525595a6b1a7f1ab4256495ea.png

Edited by AUINSY

3 minutes ago, hikerdns said:

Best news in a long while. Experienced good solid QB from a school that plays decent competition. I think we just added at least three wins to our season. Excited for this pick up. He’s committed, with two years left. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

There is no comparison between either of those guys and Buchner. Bama may roll with a guy that has extremely limited experience. Thorne may not have been the splashiest portal get, but HF sure seems to be okay with him. I mean wasn’t the first choice the kid out of CC that couldn’t make grades? I’d rather have a Big 10 QB with a lot of time at the position than the opposite. Now, will RA transfer, because he won’t beat out this kid. 

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, aucat said:

former 3*, from a 5-7 team ?

Yes, former 3* from an 11-2 team. We are both Correct! 

Honestly- why post this? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Old fan 47 said:

There is no comparison between either of those guys and Buchner. Bama may roll with a guy that has extremely limited experience. Thorne may not have been the splashiest portal get, but HF sure seems to be okay with him. I mean wasn’t the first choice the kid out of CC that couldn’t make grades? I’d rather have a Big 10 QB with a lot of time at the position than the opposite. Now, will RA transfer, because he won’t beat out this kid. 

RA is saying all the right things right now. He will learn a lot by sitting for a year and getting coached up. 

Edited by DAG
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, DAG said:

RA is saying all the right things right now. He will learn a lot by sitting for a year and getting coached up. 

That may be so, but he also already sat for two years or Oregon. If the Thorne kid comes in and wins the job which I fully expect, he will have to perform really poorly in order not to be the incumbent in 24 if he decides to use his last year of eligibility. If that is the case, where he does fail, do we begin to wonder whether or not HF is a QB guru? I mean the kid has good enough numbers from a power five school and he had absolutely ZERO rushing attack at MSU last year after K. Davis was gone. We already have a relatively proven rushing attack, which should alleviate some pressure. Nothing against RA, but do we need to waste any more time trying to get back in the top quarter of the SEC? Love this pick up, but there’s still plenty to have to see. 

2 minutes ago, Old fan 47 said:

That may be so, but he also already sat for two years or Oregon. If the Thorne kid comes in and wins the job which I fully expect, he will have to perform really poorly in order not to be the incumbent in 24 if he decides to use his last year of eligibility. If that is the case, where he does fail, do we begin to wonder whether or not HF is a QB guru? I mean the kid has good enough numbers from a power five school and he had absolutely ZERO rushing attack at MSU last year after K. Davis was gone. We already have a relatively proven rushing attack, which should alleviate some pressure. Nothing against RA, but do we need to waste any more time trying to get back in the top quarter of the SEC? Love this pick up, but there’s still plenty to have to see. 

If thorn is successful here is not staying another year. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, DAG said:

I’m sure he’ll play a role in the offense with packages designed specifically for him. He’d be mistaken to leave because no other FBS team will pick him up to be their starting QB. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

I’m sure he’ll play a role in the offense with packages designed specifically for him. He’d be mistaken to leave because no other FBS team will pick him up to be their starting QB. 

He pretty much has to stay anyway, at least for a year. 

• Like 1

Just now, DAG said:

He pretty much has to stay anyway, at least for a year. 

True. I feel like he’s been around for a decade in the college football landscape already. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUINSY said:

I had to go back and look at the game logs, there’s definitely some ND improvement I incorrectly associated with Buchner that I should’ve given to Drew Pyne. That’s definitely my bad 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AURex said:

Pin on carteles

so you think robby is better?just curious.you are not saying much other than than the you are not impressed stuff.

Sorry, sarcasm is lost in discussion forums. I'm actually interested to see how Thorne works out for Auburn. The 60% completion percentage is not impressive, even with all the easy tosses. The W-L record is not eye-popping, as MSU went 5-7 last year just like Auburn.

That said, actual game experience against very good teams counts for a lot. And I'm thinking Auburn's offensive coaching staff can maybe bring this young man along to be a decent SEC QB.

I sure hope so!

And my apology for the sarcasm. I'll try to avoid that in the future.

Edited by AURex

Forgive me for not reading through all this. Why did he leave Michigan st? Was he beat out?

9 hours ago, AURex said:

home-alone-never.gif 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AURex said:

Sorry, sarcasm is lost in discussion forums. I'm actually interested to see how Thorne works out for Auburn. The 60% completion percentage is not impressive, even with all the easy tosses. The W-L record is not eye-popping, as MSU went 5-7 last year just like Auburn.

That said, actual game experience against very good teams counts for a lot. And I'm thinking Auburn's offensive coaching staff can maybe bring this young man along to be a decent SEC QB.

I sure hope so!

Nooooo, keep the sarcasm, please. It’s part of the forum fun!!! Will anybody catch it or not.

• Love 2