Biden cheat sheet scandal

Mikey

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

He won in 2020 by hiding in his basement. He didn't handle anything.

And how did that work for him?  ;D

Edited by homersapien

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

So, you will vote for him rather than a Republican with the same agenda as the last administration. 

What is the Republican agenda?

From what I've seen it includes, cut taxes, cut Medicare, cut social security, defund education, battle an imaginary culture war, make guns even more accessible to everyone, remove separation of church and state, more prisons, turning our schools into prisons and then wondering why we have so much mental health issues. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

The DNC seems to be doubling down with Biden.  Kennedy is challenging him and it appears the two will not have debates according to Biden’s administration.  Couple that with still having Harris as VP which means Harris will be President sometime during 2024 and 2028 and this is not a positive IMO.

I guess the DNC is counting on Trump wins the Republican nominee and the country doesn’t fall into an economic mess.

Seems like I have heard these conspiracy theories before......

31 minutes ago, arein0 said:

From what I've seen it includes, cut taxes, cut Medicare, cut social security, defund education, battle an imaginary culture war, make guns even more accessible to everyone, remove separation of church and state, more prisons, turning our schools into prisons and then wondering why we have so much mental health issues. 

Ahhh, the Democrat’s view of America First Policies.  Keep voting for the America Last Policies even though the head man has dementia and his running  mate even less qualified to run the country.

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ahhh, the Democrat’s view of America First Policies.  Keep voting for the America Last Policies even though the head man has dementia and his running  mate even less qualified to run the country.

My statement and question were serious. That is all I've heard Republican politicians talk about. If there is anything that is wrong with my statement, please show me where I'm wrong.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, arein0 said:

My statement and question were serious. That is all I've heard Republican politicians talk about. If there is anything that is wrong with my statement, please show me where I'm wrong.

Ok, do you have a link to these Democratic talking points?  What is imaginary about the culture wars?  The left loves to create things like gender identity and when conservatives complain, they ask why do you care?  Now you’re saying it is imaginary. 

Gen Z is driving force among adults identifying as LGBTQ, poll shows. 

Percentages of those who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or other:

Generation Z.                        19.7%    
Millennials.                          11.2%
Generation X.                       3.3% 
Baby boomers.                     2.7%
Silent generation                 1.7%

SOURCE Gallup telephone surveys of more than 10,000 U.S. adults in 2022

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/02/22/gallup-poll-lgbtq-identification/11309075002/

As to mental health issues; the left is teaching our kids that they have been assigned a sex at birth, but that isn’t necessarily true.  They teach you can be anything you want to be as a gender and you can hide it from your parents.  We (as teachers) are the trusted ones.  This ideology is insane and you are trying to blame the republicans for mental health issues.

You guys are amazing.  Do you actually believe a boy can become a girl just by plastic surgery?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ok, do you have a link to these Democratic talking points?  What is imaginary about the culture wars?  The left loves to create things like gender identity and when conservatives complain, they ask why do you care?  Now you’re saying it is imaginary. 

Percentages of those who identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or other:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2023/02/22/gallup-poll-lgbtq-identification/11309075002/

As to mental health issues; the left is teaching our kids that they have been assigned a sex at birth, but that isn’t necessarily true.  They teach you can be anything you want to be as a gender and you can hide it from your parents.  We (as teachers) are the trusted ones.  This ideology is insane and you are trying to blame the republicans for mental health issues.

You guys are amazing.  Do you actually believe a boy can become a girl just by plastic surgery?

So typical, when called out to prove me wrong, deflect and try to change the conversation 🙄 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Just now, arein0 said:

So typical, when called out to prove me wrong, deflect and try to change the conversation 🙄 

So you don’t have a link to the Democrat talking points you brought up.  Got it.  It was no deflection, you stated the culture wars were imaginary.  I just stated they weren’t with links.  You brought it up.

I still haven't heard you say 1 Republican agenda item since I asked the question, or show me where I'm wrong on any points. 

As for the imaginary culture war, go look at the pre-k thread and actually read the quotes from the manual. There is nothing there on teaching CRT nor LGBTQ inclusion.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I still haven't heard you say 1 Republican agenda item since I asked the question, or show me where I'm wrong on any points

I asked you for links to these Republican agenda items and you have yet to respond.  I haven’t heard those items as part of the Republican agenda, prove they are.

19 minutes ago, arein0 said:

As for the imaginary culture war, go look at the pre-k thread and actually read the quotes from the manual. There is nothing there on teaching CRT nor LGBTQ inclusion.

The fact that there is a discussion about CRT and LGBTQ inclusion being taught in schools proves there is a war about it.

41 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I asked you for links to these Republican agenda items and you have yet to respond.  I haven’t heard those items as part of the Republican agenda, prove they are.

The fact that there is a discussion about CRT and LGBTQ inclusion being taught in schools proves there is a war about it.

Bro, you're asking for a link on your beliefs? Tell me what's on your parties agenda. The fact that you are being this thick headed on your parties agenda tells me there isn't one. You know your parties agenda much better than me. Show me I'm wrong. Show me what you believe in. Stop trying to weasel out of what should be an easy question.

Also just because something is being discussed doesn't make it true. Lots of people have discussions about the earth being flat, or that we are actually living in a computer simulation. Does the fact that there are discussions around these topics mean it's fact? Absolutely not. Please read the quotes from the manual, there is no mention of either CRT nor LGBTQ inclusion. You are so caught up on what the buzz words the writer of the article used that you can't even read and interpret what the manual actually said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Bro, you're asking for a link on your beliefs?

You come in here spouting the *Republican agenda* as if you know what it is, I’m just asking you to prove what you wrote by providing links to what you said.  I’m not the one weaseling.  Provide the links that prove your point of what you believe is the Republican agenda.

The CRT and LGBTQ were being taught in Florida and DeSantis put a stop to it.  It is not being taught in Alabama because it is the law.  Those are two red states that took a stand.  Blue states don’t seem to have a problem with it.  Loudoun County is Virginia is another example of both being taught and yes it is a culture war as the new Governor is against those being taught.

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

You come in here spouting the *Republican agenda* as if you know what it is, I’m just asking you to prove what you wrote by providing links to what you said.  I’m not the one weaseling.  Provide the links that prove your point of what you believe is the Republican agenda.

Lets recap since you are trying to gaslight me on what actually happened.

1. You said "would you vote for him if he ran with the same agenda as the last administration?"

2. I asked what is the Republican agenda (since Trump I genuinely dont know anymore) and said what I interpreted from conversations here and some articles. Did I exaggerate some points? Sure I'll give you that. But if I'm wrong, guess what, those are easy wins, please take advantage of those.

3. You get extremely defensive (America First comment), deflect (poll on LGBTQ by generation comment), and even refuse to say what you believe in (the comment quoted), yet I'm the one weaseling? 

Like I've been trying to say, you know what you believe in better than anyone else. So please tell me what appeals to you from the Republican agenda. 

• Love 2

3 hours ago, arein0 said:

You said from what you have seen it includes:

5 minutes ago, arein0 said:

2. I asked what is the Republican agenda (since Trump I genuinely dont know anymore) and said what I interpreted from conversations here and some articles. Did I exaggerate some points? Sure I'll give you that. But if I'm wrong, guess what, those are easy wins, please take advantage of those.

You interpreted it and I’m asking for the links that shows why you interpreted it that way.  I guess you don’t have those links

7 minutes ago, arein0 said:

So please tell me what appeals to you from the Republican agenda. 

To the point: I would look for a border that is secure, a stronger economy serving the American worker ahead of foreign workers, more emphasis on energy independence and less emphasis on green energy (a very costly source of energy), we should wait until the technology catches up to the ideals and taking ideologies out of the public school system.

If there were a Dem that would get ideologies out of the school system I would consider voting for them; what do you think are the chances?

6 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

To the point: I would look for a border that is secure, a stronger economy serving the American worker ahead of foreign workers, more emphasis on energy independence and less emphasis on green energy (a very costly source of energy), we should wait until the technology catches up to the ideals and taking ideologies out of the public school system.

If there were a Dem that would get ideologies out of the school system I would consider voting for them; what do you think are the chances?

Finally! Thank you! See that wasn't too hard! As for your points, I think most everyone wants the same thing, it's just how you get there differs.

For the secure boarders, I'm of the belief if you build up the countries around you, there is no need for a wall or the mass immigration. We don't have a problem with Canadians rushing our boarder because they are developed and stable.

Everyone wants to promote the American worker over the foreign worker, but who will work the jobs where not enough Americans want to work or are qualified to work?

Again, everyone wants energy independence, but it's how you there that differs. You want the technology to get better before making the switch, makes sense. I agree that we shouldnt hard cutoff and go green. We arent ready for that. But by doing this, how do we justify the cost to invest in better technology if there is little to no revenue. I think there needs to be bigger tax breaks for green energy with the ability to sell any extra energy you've created back to the power companies. This should create more competition in the Green energy space. More competition leads to more technological advances.

For your last statement, I think you would first have to find a Dem that believes those ideologies are being taught in schools 😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

This guy gets it.

VR makes sense, therefore he will never get to speak at a debate etc. Shame.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DKW 86 said:

VR makes sense, therefore he will never get to speak at a debate etc. Shame.

Trump is afraid of anybody that is smarter than he is and that is why he doesn’t want to debate anyone. This guy is sharp and so is DeSantis.  Those two might debate and hopefully pile up on Trump in his absence.

23 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why are you so terrified of someone that is gay.  They didn't CHOOSE to be gay any more than you chose to be a white str8 guy.    What happened to keeping govt out of someone's bedroom.  Is that not a minimum that should be expected in a "free" country?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Why are you so terrified of someone that is gay.  They didn't CHOOSE to be gay any more than you chose to be a white str8 guy.    What happened to keeping govt out of someone's bedroom.  Is that not a minimum that should be expected in a "free" country?

Why do you insist saying I am afraid of someone gay?  I am against sexually mutilating minors just because they say they are not in the right body.  In fact, I would rather those people go through puberty and then decide.  They would probably find that they are gay and, to me, that would be much better than being regretful they transitioned while they were too young to understand the ramifications.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Why do you insist saying I am afraid of someone gay?  I am against sexually mutilating minors just because they say they are not in the right body.  In fact, I would rather those people go through puberty and then decide.  They would probably find that they are gay and, to me, that would be much better than being regretful they transitioned while they were too young to understand the ramifications.

I apologize if I mischaracterized your comment.  However, when you list percentages of different generations that identify as gay, bisexual etc., you are implying that something is being done to increase these numbers in younger generations.  I think that is preposterous. 

The reason a larger percentage of younger people sexually identify as gay or bisexual is due to one thing.  That one thing is the lessened stigma in their peer group concerning the issue.  Their youth affords them the ability to sometimes live without the fear that many older people live with.  Unfortunately, many in this land of the free will tell them that they are defective at some point and that they chose to be attracted to people of the same sex, instead of understanding the fact that they did not choose that part of their path thru life. 

I'm not in favor of mutilating children.  I also don't believe that surgical sex reassignment is an issue as much as it is a talking point for right wing media. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I'm not in favor of mutilating children.  I also don't believe that surgical sex reassignment is an issue as much as it is a talking point for right wing media. 

I really think the *T* part of LGBT has hijacked a respectable cause.  As to the right wing talking point, the right wing had to bring it up and illustrate the practice or nobody would have believed it.  It is now out in the opened and should be dealt with.  My opinion only.

ETA:  the exponential growth in people identifying as LGBTQ is largely due to social media.  I believe that figure will even out in the future.  It may be some are not as stigmatized now, but social media has a lot to do with the growth.

Edited by I_M4_AU

30 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I apologize if I mischaracterized your comment.  However, when you list percentages of different generations that identify as gay, bisexual etc., you are implying that something is being done to increase these numbers in younger generations.  I think that is preposterous. 

The reason a larger percentage of younger people sexually identify as gay or bisexual is due to one thing.  That one thing is the lessened stigma in their peer group concerning the issue.  Their youth affords them the ability to sometimes live without the fear that many older people live with.  Unfortunately, many in this land of the free will tell them that they are defective at some point and that they chose to be attracted to people of the same sex, instead of understanding the fact that they did not choose that part of their path thru life. 

While I think it is due to generations feeling more able to express their sexual identity better now I think that the Gen Z'rs (the younger ones of Gen Z mainly) have found it "cool" to be trans. So much so it is hard to tell which ones might actually have trouble with what they feel like they identify. Literally you have teens and preteens picking gender neutral names and the school has to call them it. My wife and I have discussed this and some of my daughters friends that identify as trans are probably just bisexual. But the cool thing is to be trans. And it isn't the schools promoting it, its stuff all over social media. Most schools are just trying to figure out what name they need to use for the student and keep up with what they identify as. 

Like most Americans, this guy is scientifically ignorant.

Sexuality exists on a continuum (like virtually everything else in the universe).

The compulsion to classify everything into discreet categories is a human foible.

Edited by homersapien
  • Haha 1