Alabama and Woke.............

aubiefifty

13 hours ago, arein0 said:

Parents don't think equality and inclusion should be practiced in school?

That’s not what is happening in public education in Alabama. Basically it’s giving one group (because of their skin color/race) extra opportunities to pass their classes and move forward in school. Some schools are telling teachers to find ways to pass kids through regardless of whether or not they actually learn the material. 

That’s not equity….that’s failure. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

That’s not what is happening in public education in Alabama. Basically it’s giving one group (because of their skin color/race) extra opportunities to pass their classes and move forward in school. Some schools are telling teachers to find ways to pass kids through regardless of whether or not they actually learn the material. 

First, this has absolutely nothing to do with the current conversation. Second, I'm going to need to see a link.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

The hysteria seems to be with people like you. Parents simply think some things their children should be introduced to should not come from school curriculum. 

People like me?  That's funny.    :laugh:

As if I was running for president and making it the cornerstone of my campaign -  or even supporting such a politician.  

The hysteria is from the MAGA right. And most of them can't even define it.  They just parrot the hysteria.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, homersapien said:

As if I was running for president and making it the cornerstone of my campaign -  or even supporting such a politician.  

The hysteria is from the MAGA right. And most of them can't even define it.  They just parrot the hysteria.

The irony! 🤣😉

• Haha 1

On 4/30/2023 at 11:49 AM, homersapien said:

Yes. People like you. Never hear a word about it until reading junk Fiddy and Coffee post. You are pretty good other than adding  fuel to fire in responses. Seems if it were “hysteria” I would be seeing it real life. 

• Facepalm 1

12 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yes. People like you. Never hear a word about it until reading junk Fiddy and Coffee post. You are pretty good other than adding  fuel to fire in responses. Seems if it were “hysteria” I would be seeing it real life. 

Apparently, you haven't been getting DeSantis campaign literature.  And you missed Gov. Ivey's "cleaning up" Alabama's "woke" pre-school program.  You need to catch up.

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Yes. People like you. Never hear a word about it until reading junk Fiddy and Coffee post. 

I never talk about CRT or 'wokness' unless its in direct response to words or actions by Conservatives on here or Republican lawmakers in real life. 

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I never talk about CRT or 'wokness' unless its in direct response to words or actions by Conservatives on here or Republican lawmakers in real life. 

Well I apologize Coffee

• Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 11:35 AM, arein0 said:

First, this has absolutely nothing to do with the current conversation. Second, I'm going to need to see a link.

I don't need a link. I witness it all the time through the eyes of a close friend who is a current teacher. 

• Facepalm 1

On 4/30/2023 at 10:42 AM, autigeremt said:

No.  Educational opportunity is divided by class and race in the state of Alabama.  Alabama's tradition of educational failure is closely linked to the states failure in minimizing poverty.

Lol. Anytime there is even a thought of another race getting any kind of advantage there's a problem....nobody had any problems the last 20 or so years while white kids were the only kids teachers were focusing on and paying attention to though......but I make believe kids of color get an extra opportunity to pass classes....that's going to ruin society though right?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cole256 said:

Lol. Anytime there is even a thought of another race getting any kind of advantage there's a problem....nobody had any problems the last 20 or so years while white kids were the only kids teachers were focusing on and paying attention to though......but I make believe kids of color get an extra opportunity to pass classes....that's going to ruin society though right?

It’s a disadvantage when the basis of learning is thrown out to check a box. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

No.  Educational opportunity is divided by class and race in the state of Alabama.  Alabama's tradition of educational failure is closely linked to the states failure in minimizing poverty.

Bypassing an opportunity to educate v/s what’s happening is the result of “manufactured” successes.