Big Cat Weekend Thread

toddc

Big Cat preview: Here are this year's top 10 attendees

Taylor Jones

The biggest recruiting weekend is here.

A plethora of talent from across the country will be on the Plains this weekend to attend Big Cat Weekend, which will be a crucial time for Hugh Freeze and staff as they look to build their roster for the future.

Buy Tigers Tickets

Many members of Auburn’s 2024 commitments will be there such as Walker White, Joseph Phillips, A'mon Lane, and J'Marion Burnette. Those players have publically announced that they have shut down their recruitment in an effort to help the coaching staff recruit players to join them at Auburn. This weekend will be a great measuring stick to see just how good their recruiting efforts are.

There will be plenty of talented players on campus this weekend, some are even committed to other programs.

Here’s a look at the top recruits who are scheduled to visit Big Cat Weekend.

JaKaleb Faulk

His brother, Keldric Faulk, was a late flip to Auburn from Florida State. The youngest Faulk is a four-star LB and is near the top of Auburn’s board for the 2025 cycle.

Zion Grady

Grady is heading into his junior season at Charles Henderson in Troy, but he has already gained plenty of attention on the recruiting trail. He is a five-star EDGE and is the No. 6 player from the state of Alabama for the 2025 cycle. If Auburn were to land Grady, it would definitely help build depth at EDGE.

Duke Watson

It wasn’t long after Watson committed to Louisville for Auburn to extend an offer. The Tigers have a four-star RB in J’Marion Burnette but are looking to take another for the 2024 class. Watson is the top option now for Auburn, as the four-star from Forsyth, Georgia is coming to town for the weekend.

Zaquan Patterson

Patterson was recently named a five-star safety, which would mesh well with Auburn’s 2024 haul of A’Mon Lane, Jayden Lewis, Jayln Crawford, and Kensley Faustin in the defensive backfield.

Malcolm Simmons

Could Simmons be Auburn’s next commit? The Alexander City product loves Auburn, and Auburn loves him back. The deal could be sealed for Auburn and the four-star wide receiver this weekend.

Jalewis Solomon

The four-star corner will commit next weekend, which means that Auburn will need to make a lasting impression this weekend in order to land the talented defensive back.

DeAndre Carter

Auburn is in need of offensive linemen for the 2024 class, and landing the 6-4, 340-pound product from California would be a great start. Making a great impression this weekend is crucial for Auburn.

Bradley Shaw

Keeping talent in-state is something that Hugh Freeze is working towards. One of the biggest names in the state of Alabama for the 2024 cycle is Hoover linebacker Bradley Shaw, and things are looking great as Shaw tells multiple outlets that Auburn makes him a priority. He has zero crystal ball predictions from 247Sports as of now, but Auburn, Alabama, and Notre Dame appear at the front of the pack.

Perry Thompson

The top committed player to attend this weekend is Alabama commit Perry Thompson. After Auburn flipped Demarcus Riddick from Georgia, most feel that Thompson could be the next one to do so. Riddick will also be at Big Cat Weekend, could he do enough to sway Thompson to Auburn?

KJ Bolden

Bolden is one week away from announcing his commitment, and if Auburn wants to seal the deal, they will need to do so this weekend. The Tigers will need to battle Alabama, Ohio State, and home-state school Georgia to land the No. 1 safety in the 2024 class.

• Thanks 2

• Like 2

• Zeek changed the title to Big Cat Weekend Thread
On 4/27/2023 at 12:30 PM, toddc said:

Class of 2024 Visitors

• 5-star LB Demarcus Riddick, Clanton, Ala. (Chilton County) - Auburn commit
  • 5-star DB K.J. Bolden, Buford, Ga.
  • 5-star WR Perry Thompson, Foley, Ala. - Bama commit
  • 5-star DB Zaquan Patterson, Hollywood, Fla. (Chaminade-Madonna)
  • 4-star OL Deandre Carter, Santa Ana Cali. (Mater Dei)
  • 4-star DB Jaylen Heyward, Rockledge, Fla. - UGA commit
  • 4-star OLB Joseph Phillips, Tuskegee, Ala. (BTW) - Auburn commit
  • 4-star QB Walker White, Little Rock, Ark. (LRC) - Auburn commit
  • 4-star CB Jalyn Crawford, Lilburn, Ga. (Parkview) - Auburn commit
  • 4-star CB Jalewis Solomon, Ellaville, Ga. (Schley County)
  • 4-star LB Bradley Shaw, Hoover, Ala.
  • 4-star WR Malcolm Simmons, Alexander City, Ala. (Benjamin Russell)
  • 4-star RB Duke Watson, Forsyth Ga. (Mary Persons) - Louisville commit
  • 4-star DB A'Mon Lane, Moody, Ala. - Auburn commit
  • 4-star DB Jayden Lewis, Anniston, Ala. - Auburn commit
  • 4-star RB J'Marion Burnette, Andalusia, Ala. - Auburn commit
  • 4-star DB Kensley Faustin, Naples, Fla. - Auburn commit
  • 4-star WR Bryce Cain, Mobile, Ala. (Baker) - Auburn commit
  • 3-star LB D'Angelo Barber, Pinson (Clay-Chalkville) - Auburn commit
  • 3-star DL Malik Blocton, Pike Road, Ala. - Auburn commit
  • 3-star DL Dimitry Nicolas, Opa Locka, Fla. (Monsignor Place)
  • 3-star TE Martavious Collins, Calhoun, Ga. - Auburn commit
  • 3-star OT Reese Baker, Madison, Ala. (MA)

Class of 2025 Visitors

• 4-star OLB Jared Smith, Birmingham, Ala. (Spain Park)
  • 4-star OLB Zion Grady, Troy, Ala. (Charles Henderson)
  • 4-star CB Devin Williams, Buford, Ga.
  • 4-star OLB Jakaleb Faulk, Highland Home, Ala.
  • 4-star LB Jarcoby Hopson, Lake Cormorant, Miss.
  • 4-star DL Jourdin Crawford, Birmingham, Ala. (Parker)
  • 4-star ATH Derick Smith, Selma (Southside)
  • 4-star OLB C.J. May, Highland Home, Ala.
  • 4-star DL Kevin Oatis, Hattiesburg Miss.
  • 3-star DL Malik Autry, Opelika, Ala. - Auburn commit
  • 3-star OL Mal Waldrep, Phenix City, Ala. (Central)
  • 3-star WR Daylyn Upshaw, Phenix City, Ala. (Central)
  • NR OL Spencer Dowland, Athens Ala.
  • NR DL Jyon Simon, Jacksonville Fla. (Raines)
  • NR CB Jotavion Pierce, Montgomery, Ala. (Catholic)

Class of 2026 Visitors

• NR OLB Keenan Britt, Oxford, Ala.
  • NR OLB Hezekiah Harris, Anniston, Ala.

Class of 2027 Visitors

• NR QB Trent Seaborn, Alabaster, Ala. (Thompson)

Cleaned up a little bit and I'll update throughout the weekend.

Some thoughts:

• 4* WR Malcolm Simmons finally has the green light to commit. He is one of the kids I feel should be on this weekend's bingo card for a possible commitment. 247 and ESPN have him as a high three-star; Simmons is incredibly athletic but a project.
  • 4* DL TJ Lindsey is gaining momentum toward Auburn. We are still likely behind Texas but that's before BCW. I like Auburn's chances here. Don't think he pops off this weekend because he still plans on releasing a top 5.
  • 5* KJ Bolden might be one of the most important visitors. Auburn is behind three other programs but I don't think the margin is large. It's my guess that we can take the lead after this weekend.
  • It's bold but I think we flip 5* WR Perry Thompson this weekend... maybe he wants to have an announcement ceremony instead but it could be a silent deal.
  • 3* Reese Baker is likely committing this weekend.
  • If Auburn is ready to take Duke Watson as RB2 it might be a surprise flip this weekend.
  • If Auburn is ready to take Bradley Shaw it could happen quick.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 5

1 minute ago, Zeek said:

Cleaned up a little bit and I'll update throughout the weekend.

Some thoughts:

• 4* WR Malcolm Simmons finally has the green light to commit. He is one of the kids I feel should be on this weekend's bingo card for a possible commitment. 247 and ESPN have him as a high three-star; Simmons is incredibly athletic but a project.
  • 4* DL TJ Lindsey is gaining momentum toward Auburn. We are still likely behind Texas but that's before BCW. I like Auburn's chances here. Don't think he pops off this weekend because he still plans on releasing a top 5.
  • 5* KJ Bolden might be one of the most important visitors. Auburn is behind three other programs but I don't think the margin is large. It's my guess that we can take the lead after this weekend.
  • It's bold but I think we flip 5* WR Perry Thompson this weekend... maybe he wants to have an announcement ceremony instead but it could be a silent deal.
  • 3* Reese Baker is likely committing this weekend.
  • If Auburn is ready to take Duke Watson as RB2 it might be a surprise flip this weekend.
  • If Auburn is ready to take Bradley Shaw it could happen quick.

Thoughts on Carter committing to the good guys this weekend?

Also, info is flowing pretty fast so apologies if I missed it.  There were screen shots of texts released this week showing Antonio Brown disparaging AU trying to convince Thompson to stick w/ UA.  Has that had any affect?

5 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I don't personally see it happening. We are currently in 3rd behind Texas and USC. Stranger things have happened! I know they flew out of Cali this morning so we at least know for sure he will be there. OL recruiting could use the boost.

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Also, info is flowing pretty fast so apologies if I missed it.  There were screen shots of texts released this week showing Antonio Brown disparaging AU trying to convince Thompson to stick w/ UA.  Has that had any affect?

Not to my knowledge. It was incredibly cringe that's for sure.

7 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

Is there a way you could post those screenshots?  I would be interested to see what he is saying. 

4 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I don't personally see it happening. We are currently in 3rd behind Texas and USC. Stranger things have happened! I know they flew out of Cali this morning so we at least know for sure he will be there. OL recruiting could use the boost.

Hearing rumors of Baker this weekend.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

Is there a way you could post those screenshots?  I would be interested to see what he is saying. 

3843E212-3D8D-4289-B7E2-73CD551C9983.thumb.jpeg.9ec330858083bf6a3ec31ed8e179e173.jpeg

Edited by AUDevil
  • Thanks 1
  • Angry 1

3 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

3843E212-3D8D-4289-B7E2-73CD551C9983.thumb.jpeg.9ec330858083bf6a3ec31ed8e179e173.jpeg

Mental illness is sad.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

Weekend Visit Preview: Top prospects hit the road following dead period

Joe Spears

As July nears its end and the dead period has officially come to an end, the Weekend Visit Preview is back to look ahead at one of the biggest recruiting weekends of the summer. Several of the nation’s top prospects will be out and about getting one final look at schools before the new season kicks off in August.

Over 50% of the five-star prospects in the On3 Industry Ranking have already announced their college pledges and while several of those prospects will visit the schools they’re committed to, others will travel elsewhere. 

Here’s a look at some schools set to have huge recruiting weekends. 

Auburn

Big Cat Weekend is set to be a major event for Auburn this year as they host several top prospects including a trio of five-star recruits. In-state linebacker Demarcus Riddick is one of those prospects and returns to campus just a few days after flipping to the Tigers from Georgia.

Another five-star recruit the Tigers are trying to flip away from his current pledge is Foley (Ala.) wide receiver Perry Thompson. Thompson is a long-time Alabama pledge having committed to the Crimson Tide last June. That hasn’t stopped Auburn’s pursuit of flipping away from their Iron Bowl rival.

Five-Star Plus+ safety KJ Bolden will also be on campus just a few days before he makes his college decision. Bolden is set to announce his commitment on August 5. Auburn made the cut for Bolden’s final five along with Alabama, Florida State, Georgia and Ohio State.

The Tigers will also have some high-profile 2025 recruits on campus as well. Troy (Ala.) Charles Henderson four-star EDGE Zion Grady is the highest-ranked player in that group set to be on campus. Grady is ranked as the No. 15 player in the 2025 class and is trending towards Auburn according to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, toddc said:

Weekend Visit Preview: Top prospects hit the road following dead period

Joe Spears

As July nears its end and the dead period has officially come to an end, the Weekend Visit Preview is back to look ahead at one of the biggest recruiting weekends of the summer. Several of the nation’s top prospects will be out and about getting one final look at schools before the new season kicks off in August.

Over 50% of the five-star prospects in the On3 Industry Ranking have already announced their college pledges and while several of those prospects will visit the schools they’re committed to, others will travel elsewhere. 

Here’s a look at some schools set to have huge recruiting weekends. 

Auburn

Big Cat Weekend is set to be a major event for Auburn this year as they host several top prospects including a trio of five-star recruits. In-state linebacker Demarcus Riddick is one of those prospects and returns to campus just a few days after flipping to the Tigers from Georgia.

Another five-star recruit the Tigers are trying to flip away from his current pledge is Foley (Ala.) wide receiver Perry Thompson. Thompson is a long-time Alabama pledge having committed to the Crimson Tide last June. That hasn’t stopped Auburn’s pursuit of flipping away from their Iron Bowl rival.

Five-Star Plus+ safety KJ Bolden will also be on campus just a few days before he makes his college decision. Bolden is set to announce his commitment on August 5. Auburn made the cut for Bolden’s final five along with Alabama, Florida State, Georgia and Ohio State.

The Tigers will also have some high-profile 2025 recruits on campus as well. Troy (Ala.) Charles Henderson four-star EDGE Zion Grady is the highest-ranked player in that group set to be on campus. Grady is ranked as the No. 15 player in the 2025 class and is trending towards Auburn according to the On3 Recruiting Prediction Machine.

Thank you sir!

I think that it's worth noting we don't have a huge number of 2024 visitors that aren't already committed to us. The staff has learned from prior mistakes at Auburn where we flooded ourselves with too many visitors and players didn't even get to meet with coaches. 

A lot of 1-on-1 and full court presses happening this weekend.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

13 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Mental illness is sad.

Perry needs to talk with someone who's level-headed and successful, like DK Metcalf who played under Freeze at Ole Miss and is still in the league...not a washed-up, crazy, delusional Antonio Brown who would likely be rejected by the USFL at this point. It may be too early to tell, but I also think Auburn has a better QB room this year than the bammers, with Walker White waiting in the wings for the future.

Edited by AUINSY
  • Like 3

Just bored and thinking. It looks like we want to take the following numbers:

1 QB, 2 RBs, 3 WRs, 2 TEs, 3 IOL, 3 OTs, 3 DL, 1 JACK, 3 ILBs, 3 CBs, 4 S/NB, and possibly a punter.

QB - White

RB - Phat & Duke 

WR - Perry / Cain / Simmons

TE - Collins & Unknown

OT - Carter & Baker

IOL - Unknown / Unknown / Unknown

DL - Blocton / Lindsey / Nicolas

JACK - Phillips

ILB - Barber / Riddick / Shaw

CB - Crawford / Lewis / Solomon

S/NB - Lane / Faustin / Bolden / Patterson

P - unknown 

Some new names will need to emerge and in some scenarios, we might go the transfer route depending on how things shake out. On that note, I believe we have a late addition to the OL coming from NW this year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

al.com

Auburn football recruiting: What to look for during Big Cat Weekend

Updated: Jul. 28, 2023, 9:29 a.m.|Published: Jul. 28, 2023, 9:21 a.m.
4–5 minutes

On the heels of the commitment from 5-star linebacker Demarcus Riddick on Wednesday, Hugh Freeze and the Auburn Tigers couldn’t ask for more momentum as they head towards Big Cat Weekend, Auburn’s annual recruiting event.

Now, the big question is whether the Tigers can keep the momentum. And given the probable list of those who intend to visit The Plains Saturday, it’s possible Freeze and Co. pull some more surprises and claim the commitments of some of their top targets.

And, based on who’s slated to attend, Riddick might not be the only flip the Tigers force.

Here’s a look at some of the names to watch for heading into Big Cat Weekend.

2024 5-star ATH KJ Bolden

Coming out of Buford, Ga., KJ Bolden is listed as a blue chip athlete, but is primarily being recruited as a safety.

Bolden, who recruiting services tend to believe is leaning towards Kirby Smart and the Georgia Bulldogs, hasn’t committed to any of his 40 offers, which include 11 of the 14 programs currently in the SEC. Bolden also holds offers from Oklahoma and Texas.

Earlier this month, Bolden unveiled his Top 5 schools, which included Alabama, Auburn, Florida State, Georgia and Ohio State. Bolden also set his commitment date for August 5.

With Bolden’s plan to announce his commitment quickly approaching, expect Freeze and the Auburn coaching staff to push hard to secure the nation’s top safety this weekend.

2024 5-star WR Perry Thompson

Perry Thompson, the 5-star wide receiver from Foley High School in Gulf Shores, is currently committed to Nick Saban and the Alabama Crimson Tide and has been since late June.

However, as Auburn taught us earlier in the week, no flip is too big to pull off. Ironically, when Riddick made his pledge to the Tigers Wednesday, there was a lot of interaction between he and Thompson, who publicly congratulated Riddick and send out other cryptic signs that riled up Auburn fans.

It’s worth noting that Alabama’s equivalent recruiting event is also this weekend, but Thompson will be on The Plains, he announced on Twitter July 2.

Thompson is ranked the fourth-best wide receiver in the country by both On3 and 247Sports and is the second-most coveted prospect out of the state of Alabama.

2024 4-star OL DeAndre Carter

The Auburn Tigers have set to earn the commitment of an offensive lineman in the 2024 cycle, which makes DeAndre Carter, a Santa Ana, Calif. native, a big priority coming into Big Cat Weekend.

Stretching 6-foot-4 and weighing 320 pounds, Carter is ranked as the nation’s top interior offensive lineman and boasts offers from 28 programs, including the likes of Auburn, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, LSU, Michigan State, Texas and USC.

Big Cat Weekend will be Carter’s second visit to The Plains after taking an official visit on June 16 — just nine days after he was offered by the Tigers.

2024 4-star ATH Malcolm Simmons

If Freeze and the Auburn Tigers want to establish themselves a big recruiting threat, they’ve gotta start by winning the battles in their backyard. And that could start with 4-star athlete Malcolm Simmons, who hails from right down the road in Alexander City, Ala.

Evidently, Freeze thinks a lot of Simmons considering he offered him when still at Liberty.

Simmons’ trip to Auburn will be his second after unofficially visiting in September of 2022 under Bryan Harsin’s staff. However, Simmons wasn’t offered by the Tigers until April, after Freeze had taken over.

2025 5-star EDGE Zion Grady

Zion Grady, who ranks as the No. 2 edge rusher in the country in the 2025 class, listed Auburn in his Top 10 on July 23. The Tigers are joined by Alabama, Arizona, Florida State, Georgia, Michigan, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas and USC.

Coming out of Troy, Ala., the push for Grady is another example of Freeze pushing hard to establish Auburn as a recruiting power within state lines — something the last coaching staff at Auburn neglected to do.

Though Grady is a part of the 2025 cycle, there’s no such thing as building a strong class too early.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation. By browsing this site, we may share your information with our social media partners in accordance with our Privacy Policy.

• Thanks 1

THE WAR ROOM

Hugh Freeze is bringing it in the recruiting realm.

The first-year head coach had a massive win earlier this week with the flip of from Georgia. Auburn looks to carry that momentum into Big Cat Weekend this Saturday, when the Tigers host over 40 recruits for the event.

With some of the nation's best expected to attend, Saturday might just be the biggest recruiting event Freeze has endured since arriving on the Plains. Let's cover it all in an AuburnSports.com WAR ROOM, presented by Lynch Toyota of Auburn.

FIRST THINGS FIRST

This is gonna be an absolutely huge day for Auburn. Every current commits is expected to make the trip, including the recently-committed Riddick, and they'll act as additional recruiters.

With every commit in attendance, it's extremely beneficial to Auburn. It's not only a chance for other attendees to see how they'd fit in with the current group of commits, but also build stronger relationships and see first-hand why all 12 have bought into the program.

COMMIT WATCH

Alright, we'll start this War Room with what the people want to know. Who could commit over the weekend? There's plenty of guys in attendance that could be getting close, but let's key in on three specific recruits worth noting.

, WR (Alabama commit)

With several visit to Auburn, the Tigers have slowly pulled closer in the recruiting race with Alabama for the talented wideout from Foley, Alabama. His official visit last month seemingly put Auburn right there with the Tide and it appears that with each visit, the Tigers are inching closer to a flip.

Could this weekend be the weekend?

With Riddick now on board, it seems that it could be as good a chance as ever.

6'4" | 202 lbs | WR | 2024

, WR

Auburn's been one of Simmons' top schools for a while now. He's seen campus several times, participated in camps and has continued to build a strong relationship with Marcus Davis and Hugh Freeze along the way.

With a top seven of Auburn, Arkansas, UCF, Indiana, West Virginia, Coastal Carolina and Liberty, it seems Auburn might be the likely destination for the four-star from Benjamin Russell.

6'0" | 174 lbs | ATH | 2024

, OL

Auburn is still looking for its first win along the offensive front this recruiting cycle.

There have been some misses, but the Tigers seem to be in a rather good spot with DeAndre Carter out of Santa Ana, California, at the moment. It's a good sign that Carter is making another cross-country trip after officially visiting last month, and could point to Auburn as the school to beat.

We'll see how this weekend goes for Carter, but he's certainly going to be the focal point amongst offensive linemen in attendance.

6'5" | 345 lbs | OT | 2024

2024 TARGETS

There will also be a pair of five-stars down to five schools in attendance, along with several other highly-regarded prospects in the 2024 class.

Five-star will make his decision shortly after Big Cat on August 5 between Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Florida State and Ohio State. One program is privately pulling ahead, Bolden told Rivals.com earlier this week, but Auburn will get the final visit before his commitment.

It's a final chance to make a final impression on the five-star.

Meanwhile, safety is also down to five schools. The five-star out of Florida will pick between Auburn, Florida State, Miami, Ohio State and Michigan. This will be the new staff's first chance to meet in-person with Patterson, who hasn't visited Auburn since last fall.

6'2" | 181 lbs | S | 2024

6'1" | 195 lbs | S | 2024

Four-star defensive back is set to announce his decision August 5 between Auburn, Kentucky, Florida State, Texas A&M and South Carolina. Solomon is in South Carolina Friday for an unofficial visit, but will make the trip to Auburn Saturday. He's the younger brother of Zykevious Walker.

Another intriguing name scheduled to visit is current Louisville running back commit . Auburn offered the Forsyth, Georgia, native in late June, and evidently, he's willing to listen to what the Tigers have to say. 

This weekend will be a good chance for the coaching staff to be around Watson and vice versa, as the Tigers look to potentially add a second running back to their 2024 class.

6'1" | 190 lbs | WR | 2024

6'1" | 185 lbs | RB | 2024

Two in-state targets are also expected to make the trip. Hoover linebacker and Madison Academy offensive lineman are scheduled to visit. 

Shaw visited Mississippi State Thursday, with a trip to Arkansas and multiple trips to Notre Dame also logged since his last trip to Auburn back in March. The Tigers have taken three linebackers since Shaw last visited, so we'll see how that plays out this weekend.

Baker camped at Auburn in June and liked what they saw from the 6-foot-5 lineman. With several other offensive line targets committing elsewhere in recent weeks, Auburn may turn up the heat for Baker this weekend to try and keep him in-state.

6'1" | 216 lbs | OLB | 2024

6'5" | 275 lbs | OL | 2024

QUICK NOTE

It should also be noted that defensive lineman won't be in attendance due to a commitment to IMG Academy, but his parents will be.

Lindsey officially visited Auburn in June and plans to announce his final group soon, but all signs are pointing to the Tigers being a serious contender to land the four-star lineman.

6'5" | 265 lbs | SDE | 2024

2025 TARGETS

Aside from Auburn's only 2025 commit , there's plenty of 2025 recruits set to make their way to the Plains this weekend.

Rivals100 defensive end recently narrowed things down to 10 schools and it wasn't shocking to see Auburn in the mix for the No. 33 player in the nation. He's built a strong relationship with his area coach, Zac Etheridge, who also attended Charles Henderson High in Troy, Alabama.

Another prospect who's narrowed things down is , the younger brother of current Auburn jack linebacker Keldric Faulk. Jakaleb is down to five schools, but Auburn and Alabama appear to be front runners right now.

Both in-state products are hot commodities in this class, so keeping the foot on the pedal is a must if Auburn wants to prevent Alabama or an out-of-state school from snatching them up first.

6'4" | 220 lbs | WDE | 2025

6'3" | 220 lbs | OLB | 2025

More in-state prospects that are planning to visit include wide receiver , defensive lineman , safety , defensive lineman , wide receiver , safety , offensive lineman and defensive lineman .

MISSISSIPPI MADNESS

Outside of Alabama, there's quite a few 2025 prospects that will cross state lines to get to Big Cat Weekend. Defensive tackle and safety are the headliners coming from Mississippi — both are Rivals100 players.

Both Freeze and defensive line coach Jeremy Garrett are from Mississippi, so connecting with Oatis shouldn't be a problem. Auburn will look to solidify its place in his recruitment this weekend to ensure its a contender down the road.

Oatis has logged trips to Alabama, Ole Miss and Michigan this year, with his latest visit a trip to Mississippi State Thursday.

Hopson is coming from Lake Cormorant, Mississippi, also home to 2024 target , who was set to visit earlier this week, but something came up.

The 6-foot-3 safety Hopson visited in early June alongside Franklin, so Saturday will be a good follow-up for the No. 60 player in the class.

6'3" | 270 lbs | DT | 2025

6'3" | 205 lbs | S | 2025

BUFORD BIG DOGS

Sure, Bolden is the centerpiece this weekend when it comes to Buford High standouts at Big Cat. However, don't forget about the younger guys that are planning to attend.

Current Georgia linebacker commit and cornerback are expected to be there, as Auburn works to get in with one of the elite powerhouses in Georgia high school football.

Perlotte committed to the Bulldogs in December of 2022, but doesn't mind looking around. He's made unofficial visits to Tennessee, Florida State, Texas A&M, Alabama, Ohio State and Miami since his commitment.

As he told CanesCounty in May, there's still a long way to go until signing day and things can always change.

Williams has generated a lot of interest from programs like Georgia, Alabama, Tennessee and Michigan in recent months. Auburn's hoping that a good visit this weekend can help put the Tigers right in the mix for the No. 81 player in the class.

6'4" | 205 lbs | OLB | 2025

5'11" | 168 lbs | CB | 2025

FLORIDA BOYS

Three prospects from the Sunshine State are expected to travel to Auburn Saturday and one could be trending higher than the others.

Wide receiver picked up the Auburn offer in late March and continues to show high interest in the Tigers. Of course, home-state schools like Florida, Florida State and Miami are threats to keep Williams in-state, but Auburn has other ideas.

We'll see how this weekend impacts Auburn's standing with Williams, but I expect the Tigers to make a big push.

6'4" | 180 lbs | WR | 2025

Other expected attendees from Florida include three-star wide receiver and defensive lineman .

FUTURE FOCUS

With plenty of time left in their recruitment, Auburn is getting an early jump for a couple members of the 2026 class and a quarterback phenom in the 2027 class.

Defensive end has been to Auburn several times and will log another trip this weekend. So will edge rusher , the younger brother of former Auburn linebacker and current Tampa Bay Buccaneer, K.J. Britt.

is also expected to return. Seaborn is quickly becoming an eye-catcher in the 2027 class, with the rising freshman already accumulating 15 offers.

6'5" | 208 lbs | WDE | 2026

6'2" | 230 lbs | SDE | 2026

6'0" | 174 lbs | PRO QB | 2027

Edited by toddc
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

4* DL TJ Lindsey is gaining momentum toward Auburn. We are still likely behind Texas but that's before BCW.

@Zeek Have to disagree here. I think we lead & have been for a little while. Also helps that even though TJ will not be at BCW, his parents will be there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

@AUDevil Possible but DC had said himself that it would likely be late August at the earliest.

3 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Didn't hurt & may have helped.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

We are currently in 3rd behind Texas and USC.

Where are you getting this? Another guy I think we lead with. No worse than 2nd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

I think that it's worth noting we don't have a huge number of 2024 visitors that aren't already committed to us. The staff has learned from prior mistakes at Auburn where we flooded ourselves with too many visitors and players didn't even get to meet with coaches. 

This has always been the layout for current year classes for BCW going back to the biginning of BCW n 2009.