Big Cat Weekend Thread

toddc

How much more fun is your sporting life right now than say walking out of the Penn State game?   How much more fun is this board right now when people are genuinely excited about the future of the program and this staff?    I'm tired of seeing that glee in the eyes of my UAT friends.  I'm ready to see it in the eyes of my Auburn sisters and brothers.    We have some significant donors who are tired of the same thing and are ready to see us all happy.    The same folks who are sometimes castigated have stepped up in a big way to try to make sure BCW blows us all away.    These folks love Auburn and want to see Auburn succeed in everything such as excellence in preparing students for a hospitality career to excellence on the football field.    We will all benefit and be happy as a result!!!!   If BCW goes as is expected, and only if you are able, follow up and do what you can to support OTV.  There is victory in small amounts given by a large number of Auburn people. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

How much more fun is your sporting life right now than say walking out of the Penn State game?

Gotta land the big targets publicly first.

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

follow up and do what you can to support OTV.  There is victory in small amounts given by a large number of Auburn people. 

They need to make the low end quite a bit lower than $35 a month to get a lot more people involved.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Gotta land the bif targets publicly first.

57 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

Never met a Bif that could play football before. Usually just spoiled rich kids.

• Love 1

2026 kid! Building relationships baby 

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

They need to make the low end quite a bit lower than $35 a month to get a lot more people involved.

E, go to the website and click on "other ways to give" and you can do a one time gift of whatever amount you want.   It doesn't have to be a continual monthly gift....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ellitor said:

Interesting note. Even though 4* DL TJ Lindsey can't be here because IMG is having practices all weekend, JGT is reporting his parents are coming to BCW.

Heck yeah!  If true, that's awesome by the parents 

• Like 4

58 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Heck yeah!  If true, that's awesome by the parents 

My guess is TJ may already be sold on AU and the parents want to check out AU before they sign off on a commitment.

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My guess is TJ may already be sold on AU and the parents want to check out AU before they sign off on a commitment.

IMO, He was as soon as UF filled up

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

Interesting note. Even though 4* DL TJ Lindsey can't be here because IMG is having practices all weekend, JGT is reporting his parents are coming to BCW.

Remember what CPFD once said "win the momma, win the boy."

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, bigbird said:

IMO, He was as soon as UF filled up

Huh? Florida hasn't offered. It's been an AU-Texas battle for a while & Texas still wants him. He's from Arkansas, not Florida.

More and more smoke coming out about AU recruitment and a few big announcements!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, toddc said:

More and more smoke coming out about AU recruitment and a few big announcements!

Let's hope Aubie isn't just high. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, toddc said:

From twitter kings that don't know **** historically. Glad our legit sources are hearing similar things.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, ellitor said:

From twitter kings that don't know **** historically. Glad our legit sources are hearing similar things.

That’s why I posted them because it adds to the narrative from higher up sources.

Just FYI I feel real confident in saying that the 2 folks I have spoken with have not spoken to HighAubie or Babysitter Bari.  As Todd said, this adds to the narrative.   E posted some similar comments yesterday from another source.  When you have this number of folks saying virtually the same thing, I believe it has to be either (1) people are hopeful/simply making things up or (2) the staff has been told by the players we really want the most that they are coming and it has started to leak out.   As for my 2 folks, they don't make things up.   I believe this is not all that dissimilar than situations we have found ourselves in in the recent past, and where we have been burned and since caused us to be so circumspect.   I believe/to some extent know we had multiple highly rated players that privately committed to Gus only to see other programs come in and make them an offer they simply could not refuse for them or their family.   The difference this time is that we now have the ability to counter those offers and keep the kids who really want to wear orange and blue.   WDE!!      

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, woodford said:

Wonder who all that includes?

On the conservative end of picks Riddick, Jalewis Solomon, TJ Lindsey, Dimitry Nicolas, & Malcolm Simmons would get us in the top 15.

• Thanks 2