Big Cat Weekend Thread

toddc

For those of you who are old enough to remember hand pumps. You had to add water to prime it before pumping.  I am hoping the Riddick is the priming we need to help start the flow of players when Big Cat gets going this weekend.  

I know NIL has certainly played a big part (not that I'm complaining, after I thought it would be a death knell for us as recently as just a few weeks ago!) but I just have to give a shout out to Coach Aldridge. I was very concerned about the number of Liberty transplants especially after the Potato Gang, but he has completely defied my expectations.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

For those of you who are old enough to remember hand pumps. You had to add water to prime it before pumping. 

I hope this isn't some kind of Austin Powers reference.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 4

12 minutes ago, AUwent said:

I know NIL has certainly played a big part (not that I'm complaining, after I thought it would be a death knell for us as recently as just a few weeks ago!) but I just have to give a shout out to Coach Aldridge. I was very concerned about the number of Liberty transplants especially after the Potato Gang, but he has completely defied my expectations.

Tried to tell you for a while... relax and be patient 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I tried to tell him. And that's either way. What good is stressing that much over stuff you can't control?

That being said, this is pretty big. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

You're not alone he's a project going to need a lot of work

• Like 2

14 hours ago, AUwent said:

I was very concerned about the number of Liberty transplants

I've posted this before, but sometimes it is hard to tell what exactly will be successful with a staff.  Urban took all unknown Utah guys and dominated. Bry had a mix of SEC guys and Boise abd floundered.

Yeah you need guys that can sell and recruit, but it starts with the HC. If they don't live and breath recruiting, it's not going to matter down the chain. When they do, it makes the entire staff better.

Look at Kirby and UGA. He took Lanning from Memphis and was considered one of the best recruiters in the nation in a year or two. That doesn't happen without an elite recruiter at the top.

Hugh will do that to guys on this staff

• Like 2

I’d love to get a bunch of commits between now and Friday, and then we won’t even need Big Cat Weekend…can  just go ahead and cancel it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

I’d love to get a bunch of commits between now and Friday, and then we won’t even need Big Cat Weekend…can  just go ahead and cancel it.

Then what would us sick degenerates do with our time with no Big Cat to follow all weekend? 🤷🏻‍♂️

14 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Then what would us sick degenerates do with our time with no Big Cat to follow all weekend? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Volunteer at the food shelter?  Read your kids a book?  Proselytize your neighbor?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Volunteer at the food shelter?  Read your kids a book?  Proselytize your neighbor?

Or read a dictionary to understand the fancy words AUDevil is using.  Plenty of things to do other than Big Cat.  

• Love 1

31 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Or read a dictionary to understand the fancy words AUDevil is using.  Plenty of things to do other than Big Cat.  

He’s just showing off 

• Haha 2

• Love 2

44 minutes ago, toddc said:

Just having all those cats here on the same weekend in July is absolutely amazing!!!!   It has been a while since we have had a staff get after it like this one does.

• Like 1

Just now, alabastertiger said:

Just having all those cats here on the same weekend in July is absolutely amazing!!!!   It has been a while since we have had a staff get after it like this one does.

If we add in Drid, we will have 5 5stars on campus one the same day.    Has that ever happened at AU?

26 minutes ago, alabastertiger said:

Shades of the inaugural 2009 Big Cat weekend.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, LPTiger said:

If we add in Drid, we will have 5 5stars on campus one the same day.    Has that ever happened at AU?

Did some cursory digging into a few recent BCWs. Based on reporting, it looks like we had at least 6 five stars at BCW in 2014, 5 in 2015, 3 in 2018. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Dunndone414 said:

Did some cursory digging into a few recent BCWs. Based on reporting, it looks like we had at least 6 five stars at BCW in 2014, 5 in 2015, 3 in 2018. 

Dun, thanks for taking that on.   The salad years....  Did you note how many we signed in those years?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Would the devil REALLY recommend all of these nice things? I'm starting to doubt your origin story.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

But I’m not even a doctor. 

It’s OK, I’m not sure what a food shelter is…sounds like not a bad place to be.

• Haha 1

6’2” 185/# Safety out of Montgomery 

2025 kid

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, AUDevil said:

Might want to make friends with them first