Question........

aubiefifty

Why do so many of you seem to like santos? i know little about him but if he is vindictive enough to threaten or consider building a prison right next to Disneyland? that is pretty bad.low class. and anyone with children should worry about him. good grief.

24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Why do so many of you seem to like santos? i know little about him but if he is vindictive enough to threaten or consider building a prison right next to Disneyland? that is pretty bad.low class. and anyone with children should worry about him. good grief.

You kind of answered your own question there. DeSantis being vindictive and threatening is part of his charm on the Right. Like how Trump's crass, crude language and childish attacks on everyone he didn't like was a big part of his popularity. They want someone they believe will "fight" for them and many people see bullying and cockiness as a strength, and professional, even tempered politicians as being weak. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

Just now, CoffeeTiger said:

You kind of answered your own question there. DeSantis being vindictive and threatening is part of his charm on the Right. Like how Trump's crass, crude language and childish attacks on everyone he didn't like was a big part of his popularity. They want someone they believe will "fight" for them and many people see bullying and cockiness as a strength, and professional, even tempered politicians as being weak. 

Bringing children into anything is low class and teh fact he would do this tells me he does not care about children.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Bringing children into anything is low class and teh fact he would do this tells me he does not care about children.

If anyone in Florida is bringing Children into anything it's Matt Gaetz, and he's bringing them home with him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

35 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

Why do so many of you seem to like santos?

Santos is a Congressman from NY that lied about his accomplishments to get elected.  I don’t thing he is liked by many.

If you are talking about Ron DeSantis then I like him because he has pushed back against corporations promoting ideologies and trying to threaten and prevent the government in Florida to enact a law that 90% of the population of Florida agreed with.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

If anyone in Florida is bringing Children into anything it's Matt Gaetz, and he's bringing them home with him. 

You know they dropped the charges, right?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/doj-decides-not-charge-rep-matt-gaetz-sex-trafficking-investigation-rcna70839

• Like 1
  • Dislike 2

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

he is vindictive enough to threaten or consider building a prison right next to Disneyland

That is the answer.  That is why he is liked.  He is angry, mean spirited, vindictive.  They see themselves.  And still believe,,, they are "good" people.  They see a tyrant and believe,,, that is how "good" government should work.

The manner in which Desantis has handled his "woke" war with Disney IS the very definition of tyranny.  Using the power of the state, of the office, to silence critics defies the first amendment. 

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

If you are talking about Ron DeSantis then I like him because he has pushed back against corporations promoting ideologies

Doesn't this go against everything Conservatives value most? What is happening with Disney is unconstitutional. The 1st ammendment was put in place to protect / allow individuals and businesses to publicly disagree or voice concerns with the government.

Seems like as the days go on Conservatives are moving their values towards "sticking it to the libs" than what they truly believe in. 

35 minutes ago, arein0 said:

Doesn't this go against everything Conservatives value most? What is happening with Disney is unconstitutional. The 1st ammendment was put in place to protect / allow individuals and businesses to publicly disagree or voice concerns with the government.

Seems like as the days go on Conservatives are moving their values towards "sticking it to the libs" than what they truly believe in. 

They voiced their concerns and those concerns were in direct opposition to what the people of Florida wanted.  Disney was allowed to assemble and the people had freedom of speech and to petition the government for redress of grievances.  They were over ruled by the government of Florida.  Where is the unconstitutionality?  Just because Disney lost doesn’t make if unconstitutional.

At issue also is the 1st amendment do not say anything about corporations, it’s the right of the people.  Corporations have by and large stayed out of the fray until recently.  It is amazing to me that when the left likes the way a corporation is thinking it’s OK, but if the right pushed back it’s not what conservatives do.

The conservatives are catching on.  I’m not sure how Anheuser-Busch is doing lately, but I know their sales have declined along with their worth.  This fight is over not influencing children in gender ideology.  Why is it important to the LGBTQnklnut coalition to want this ideology to be taught in schools? Is it to *stick it to the conservatives*?  Why is it important for drag queen to perform in front of children?

DeSantis banned drag shows to perform in front of kids in Florida and the Pride Parade was cancelled.  They couldn’t just have a parade, they had to have it in front of kids.  What does that tell you?

Florida LGBT activists recently had to cancel their planned parade because of a pending bill that would prohibit minors from being exposed to lewd behavior.

As a general rule, if an event cannot reasonably be expected to protect children from seeing inappropriate content, it is probably best to cancel it.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/restoring-america/courage-strength-optimism/florida-pride-parade-canceled-because-it-cant-comply-with-anti-lewd-law

Why couldn’t the LGBT event organizers prevent lewd behavior?  I would think they have no control over the *T* part of their group which is the point of Florida’s recent laws.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Jeffry Epstein got away with his activities for a long, long time too.  

If Garland had anything on Gaetz he would be indicted by now.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If Garland had anything on Gaetz he would be indicted by now.

Right. I never said Gaetz has been convicted of anything, but one undisputed fact is that he had close friends who were/are pedophiles and sex traffickers who claim Gaetz was guilty too. 

You are the company you keep. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Dislike 1

22 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Right. I never said Gaetz has been convicted of anything, but one undisputed fact is that he had close friends who were/are pedophiles and sex traffickers who claim Gaetz was guilty too. 

You are the company you keep. 

Yep, no need for proof.  Carry on.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Yep, no need for proof.  Carry on.

You don't need to "proof" to personally believe someone's a pedophile. Having Pedophile best friends who implicate you as being a pedophile like them, and suggestive text messages and paying money to underaged girls is enough proof for me even if it's not enough in a court of law. 

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You don't need to "proof" to personally believe someone's a pedophile. Having Pedophile best friends who implicate you as being a pedophile like them, and suggestive text messages and paying money to underaged girls is enough proof for me even if it's not enough in a court of law. 

But it isn’t enough to remove him from Congress.  We have a Congressman that has had sex with a Chinese spy still in Congress, right?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

But it isn’t enough to remove him from Congress.  We have a Congressman that has had sex with a Chinese spy still in Congress, right?

hell do not give me that crap you guys are fine with jim jordan.

• Facepalm 1