4.26.23 Football Articles

aubiefifty

sorry for the delay folks..............

• Thanks 1

si.com

Hank Brown: 'I am excited to get to work'

Matthew Jacobs
4–5 minutes

Incoming freshman Auburn quarterback Hank Brown sat down for an interview with Zac Blackerby on the Locked on Auburn Podcast today. Sporting a crisp, white Auburn T-shirt, this young man was as impressive as you will see a freshman be with his answers and his attitude. Here is a look at a few highlights from the broadcast.

On his expectations for this summer:

“I think it will be good to get with the flow with things and get adapted to how things are going on. To work on the foundation of getting stronger. Just everything that is included in getting into the college flow. I think that will be awesome and I am super excited to get to work”

When Blackerby queried about what Brown was looking forward to once he got on campus:

“I am excited to be with the team and get to take college classes. I am just excited to get to work and start this journey. A lot of the summer work is weight room, but a big aspect of it will be being able to build chemistry with the receivers. Some of them have already reached out to me and want me to come down and throw with them. I think it will be a lot of throwing, building that chemistry, and getting into the weight room and doing the work”.

Brown was careful and calculating when he answered questions. For instance, when discussing the wide receivers he didn’t name names, just stated that he was impressed with the “core group” and reiterated a few times how special this tight-end group that Auburn has truly is. 

One also had to be impressed at the acute awareness of Freeze’s offense at Liberty and how it relates to the new Auburn two-headed offense with the Freeze offense melding with Phillip Montgomery’s scheme.

“ It does excite me. The quick decision making. Getting the ball out fast, I like that”.

He was very mature and up-front about one area he wanted to improve upon immediately:

“I need to gain some good weight, weighing 200 right now, getting up to a good 210 by the season would be good.”

The host pressed the young phenom about prepping for fall and what the coaching staff had told him. Brown, without hesitation, stated:

“They said the (quarterback) competition is open through fall, I am just excited to work with the quarterbacks, they are all awesome dudes, and they are looking forward to helping me out so it is just going to be fun working with them”

Brown was impressed by his signing class when he met them at A-day,  and has already started building relationships. He seems exceedingly excited about spending time with Jeremiah Cobb, Auburn’s 4-star freshman running back commitment, and about how they were going to be roommates.

If you could stop and take a picture in time of this moment, and ponder how both Hank Brown and Jeremiah Cobb could impact this Auburn program with their talents for the next few years, it is enough to take your breath away.  They both are impressive with their maturity and how they conduct themselves. 

When you get a chance you really should do yourself a favor and listen and/or watch The Locked on Auburn Podcast today for the complete interview. It will absolutely increase your excitement level about this program that you probably haven’t had in a few years. 

What a great time to be an Auburn Tiger and get to appreciate these outstanding young men and their skills.

The Tigers have now had five players depart from the program within the last couple of weeks, including three backup linebackers:

Wide Receiver Tar'Varish Dawson

Defensive lineman Jeffrey M'ba

Linebacker Kameron Brown

Linebacker Desmond Tisdol

Linebacker Powell Gordon

Auburn has pulled in an impressive haul thus far during Hugh Freeze's first season on the Plains, currently sitting at No. 3 nationally in 247Sports' transfer portal class rankings.

You can check out our transfer portal tracker here. Stay up to date on all of the Tigers' commitments, departures, and prospects for key positions at auburndaily.com.

Engage with Auburn Daily on Socials!

Join the Discord

Follow Auburn Daily on Twitter

Like Auburn Daily on Facebook

Subscribe to Locked On Auburn on YouTube

al.com

Hugh Freeze: Spring transfer window 'quite a bit slower' than expected

Published: Apr. 25, 2023, 6:19 p.m.
5–6 minutes

The postseason transfer portal window was like an all-out sprint through a marathon for Hugh Freeze and his staff, but the spring window has seen a much more leisurely pace.

Auburn was one of the busiest and most successful teams during the initial transfer window, bringing in a highly rated transfer haul that included a dozen newcomers for spring practice. Since the spring window opened April 15, however, things have been much quieter on the Plains — somewhat to Freeze’s surprise.

“We really weren’t sure what to expect, and I do think it’s been quite a bit slower,” Freeze said Tuesday evening in Atlanta before the first stop on the AMBUSH tour. “I’m not sure that it’s a bad thing.”

Read more Auburn football: Former Auburn defensive end Jeffrey M’ba transfers to Purdue

Taking stock of Auburn’s eight freshman early enrollees after spring practice

Taking stock of Auburn’s 12 early transfer pickups after their first spring on the Plains

Since the start of spring practices, Auburn has seen just a handful of players depart the program, with three of those coming since spring culminated on A-Day. Reserve linebackers Kameron Brown and Desmond Tisdol opted to transfer during spring practice, while defensive end Jeffrey M’ba, wide receiver Tar’Varish Dawson Jr. and reserve linebacker Powell Gordon have hit the portal since spring ended. Meanwhile, Auburn has yet to land any incoming transfers in the post-spring window, even though Freeze is open to additions at any position and specifically cited five positions he’d like to address during this transfer period, which runs from April 15-30.

Those spots include quarterback, edge rusher/Jack linebacker, cornerback, safety and offensive line.

“It’s kind of been a bit slower than we anticipated,” Freeze said. “Feel like it picked up a little bit today, maybe. Or the last couple of days. Will be curious to see what the rest of the week brings. I think it’s well-documented that we’re always trying to improve our roster. So, we’re constantly monitoring it.”

The Tigers have an ongoing competition at quarterback, where Robby Ashford, T.J. Finley and Holden Geriner split reps throughout the spring, and Freeze has been forthcoming in his public evaluations of the position, even saying on A-Day that he’s open to bringing in someone else to compete if it’s the right fit but adding that he believes Auburn can win some games with who it has in the room currently.

Freeze noted early in spring that the Tigers are “deficient” in true pass-rushers, and adding depth to the Jack position would be a priority. Auburn finished spring with just three healthy outside cornerbacks, including true freshman Kayin Lee, and while more freshmen will arrive this summer, adding more experience to that room with the likes of Nehemiah Pritchett and D.J. James would be a luxury. The same goes for safety, where Auburn returns Zion Puckett and Jaylin Simpson atop the depth chart but would like to add another contributor to a generally young position. The Tigers already overhauled their offensive line in the first transfer window, with plug-and-play additions at both tackle spots and center but adding another guard to compete for a starting role would be helpful.

Auburn has been in contact with a handful of players at some of those positions of need, including offensive guards Jaden Muskrat (Tulsa) and Emmanuel Pregnon (Wyoming), as well as edge rushers Isaac Ukwu (James Madison) and Jaheim Thomas (Cincinnati), among others.

As Auburn tries to find more pieces to raise its ceiling in Year 1 under Freeze during this spring transfer window, the first-year head coach is also navigating the challenges of roster management with this new recruiting calendar. Auburn is currently projected to have approximately 83 players on scholarship for the upcoming season, two shy of the NCAA limit.

“Figuring out the 85 in this new world is very, very challenging and very, very difficult,” Freeze said. “It also promotes some difficult conversations at times…. You sit here and you do what’s best for Auburn. That’s not always enjoyable by all. But it’s tough to manage the 85. And we go into the spring portal saying, ‘Here’s the ideal plan. We sign this number at this position and this number at this position, and this is how we get to the 85, by doing that.’

“But all of that is subjective to everything going exactly your way and players going into the portal who think can improve you. When that doesn’t happen, you hope that your Plan B is able to be successful. So, it’s a challenge.”

Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Tomas_Verde.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Auburn cornerback Keionte Scott named one of nation's top defensive spring standouts

Auburn defensive back Keionte Scott ended up having a very solid spring.

Lance Dawe

21 hours ago

Auburn defensive back Keionte Scott ended up having a very solid spring.

After transferring in from Helix High School in 2022, Scott made his presence felt in both the Tigers' defensive backfield as well as on their special teams. Scott finished with 53 total tackles (fourth on the team), 4.0 TFL, one sack and one interception. His punt return average of 9.6 yards was sixth in the SEC.

According to On3, the former No. 2 overall JUCO prospect is one of the nation's top 15 defensive spring standouts.

The list, written by Matt Zenitz, includes three other SEC players: Alabama's Caleb Downs, Georgia's Daylen Everette, and Kentucky's Zion Childress.

According to Zenitz's source, "Scott is on track to build on" a solid 2022 season and that "the Tigers’ staff views him as a future NFL nickel back."

The Tigers have now had five players depart from the program within the last couple of weeks, including three backup linebackers:

Wide Receiver Tar'Varish Dawson

Defensive lineman Jeffrey M'ba

Linebacker Kameron Brown

Linebacker Desmond Tisdol

Linebacker Powell Gordon

Auburn has pulled in an impressive haul thus far during Hugh Freeze's first season on the Plains, currently sitting at No. 3 nationally in 247Sports' transfer portal class rankings.

You can check out our transfer portal tracker here. Stay up to date on all of the Tigers' commitments, departures, and prospects for key positions at auburndaily.com.

Hugh Freeze talks adjusting to life at Auburn as the Auburn Ambush tour kicks off in Atlanta

Updated: Apr. 26, 2023, 8:28 a.m.|Published: Apr. 26, 2023, 8:08 a.m.

6–8 minutes

Auburn football coach Hugh Freeze, basketball coach Bruce Pearl, and athletic director John Cohen spoke to reporters Tuesday before the first of four stops on Auburn’s Alumni Association’s annual ‘Auburn Ambush’ tour. Freeze, Pearl, and Cohen were in Atlanta at the JW Marriott, with over 300 Auburn alums and supporters in attendance.

Freeze started the day by showing appreciation for recruiting in the Atlanta area.

“Atlanta’s huge for us football-wise, for sure,” Freeze told reporters. “We’ve got to build the majority of our team from the states of Alabama, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, and obviously within the Atlanta area, there are so many SEC-caliber players that we’ve got to win our share of battles here. So anytime we can get here and continue to enhance or build new relationships with the Auburn family that will be the ones that carry the War Eagle banner around town, I think it’s always a very positive step. I’m anxious to meet some of those people tonight.”

Read More Auburn Sports: Former Auburn defensive end Jeffrey M’ba transfers to Purdue

Scarbinsky: One March Madness, the last net down will come home with us

4 Auburn players officially listed as NBA Draft early entrants

Pearl’s recruiting prowess in Atlanta is has been highlighted by signings such as Issac Okoro, Walker Kessler, Jabari Smith, and K.D. Johnson. For obvious reasons, Pearl wants to continue the trend.

“Birmingham, I think, as a city, has the most students at Auburn, and then Atlanta is next,” So we’ve got a ton of alums and students that go to Auburn. Like Coach said, this has been an unbelievable place for us from a recruiting standpoint. They play great basketball here.”

Freeze, Pearl, and Cohen addressed several topics concerning Auburn athletics. Here are a few takeaways from the event.

-- In hopes of speeding up games, the NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel approved a rule that will keep the clock running when a team makes a first down, with an exception during the last two minutes of a half. The previous rule had existed since 1968, stopping the game clock after first downs until the referee gave the ready-for-play signal.

Freeze didn’t seem concerned about the rule that will get enacted in the 2024-25 season, in conjunction with the College Football Playoff expanding from four to 12 teams.

“The games do get a little long with the timeouts, and I think that’s just a way — I truthfully don’t see that impacting the game largely,” Freeze said. “That’s just my personal view on it. Others may feel differently. But if it makes the experience for the people that are paying for the tickets and the suites and the ones that we need to support our program to help us build it, then I’m fine with it.”

Cohen shared a slightly different opinion noting how there aren’t as many football games and that fans expect to spend significant time at the stadium.

“Personally, this is a feel thing, not a data-driven thing, but my goodness, you only play seven home football games,” Cohen said. “I don’t think the length of games are necessarily out of control. It’s pageantry. It’s a homecoming almost every time you play a home football game.”

Cohen further acknowledged a different experience for people watching the games at home.

“I think there’s two products,” Cohen said. “There’s the product in-person, and there’s the product on television. And when you watch on television, anything that makes that product better really helps our programs in so many different ways. It’s viewed by the masses, so — They’ll make the right decision.”

Penalties accepted at the end of the first and third quarters will be enforced at the start of the next quarter rather than having an untimed down is another rule change. Back-to-back timeouts during the same dead-ball period going away is the third change designed to reduce plays and speed up games.

“Yeah, I wouldn’t want to see it go much further than that,” Freeze said. “I think we have a great product, and I hope kind of — I hope they do this if that’s what they see is best, and then we kind of us just — let’s go play the games.”

Will it change how Freeze and offensive coordinator Philip Montgomery call games? Freeze didn’t seem worried about it.

“No. I mean, whether the clock starts or doesn’t on a first down, we’re still going to go fast if we want to go fast,” Freeze said. It doesn’t change the rules of the game, so I don’t see a change in our strategy at all.”

-- A rule change that could impact Auburn would be more stringent penalties for field-storming after big wins at Southeastern Conference schools. SEC Commissioner Greg Sankey confirmed a Sports Illustrated report on Tuesday that the conference is considering requiring schools to forfeit a future home game for not stopping fans from storming the field.

Cohen agreed with an increased need for safety.

“Safety has got to be the most important thing,” Cohen said. “There has to be a way to preserve the fun for the fans and create that environment that makes the Southeastern Conference so special -- but also provide safety for everybody involved. I feel really confident we can get there.”

In his first season on the Plains, Freeze hopes he can inspire fans to want to rush the field and tear the goalposts after a big win but agrees that safety needs to be at the forefront.

“I hope we have some games that we win soon where people want to storm the field,” Freeze said. “But I hope we have some that it feels like you would want to do that. We would abide by whatever the administration and SEC decide is the safest manner to celebrate.”

-- Freeze ended the chat by discussing how he’s adapting to life as the Auburn football coach.

“It’s sometimes daunting. When you wake up at 2 a.m., you’re thinking, ‘Gosh almighty, we have so much to do.’ And you want to get it done so fast for the program and for the people that believed in you to hire you and trust in you,” Freeze said. “All of that weighs on you when you really care, and you want to get it done. But the transition to a place like Auburn, man, who wouldn’t want to live there? It’s a great place to live, and I’m blessed to have my family there. So that’s incredible also. So our transition now that everybody’s settled is it’s go time, and it’s a lot of work to do. But it’s a great place to do it at.”

• Thanks 1

Auburn offeres veteran edge transfer Isaac Ukwu

JD McCarthy
~2 minutes

363791a21036b9b94a691f2ca06d7437

The Auburn Tigers are still looking to build depth at the jack linebacker spot and a new transfer target has emerged.

Isaac Ukwu has spent the past six seasons at James Madison before entering the transfer portal on Tuesday. The 6-foot-3, 260-pounder picked an Auburn offer up just two hours after announcing his plans to transfer.

He arrived in 2017 and took a redshirt before appearing in three games in 2018. He then missed both 2019 and 2020 with injuries before returning with a vengeance in 2021, being named Second Team All-CAA. He was even better last season, making First Team All-Sun Belt Conference.

Ukwu totaled 83 tackles, 27.0 tackles for loss, 16.5 sacks, three forced fumbles, and one fumble recovery over the past two seasons.

The Tigers are set to have four players at the jack linebacker spot but redshirt Dylan Brooks is the only returning player after the departures of Derick Hall, Eku Leota, Marcus Bragg, and Joko Willis.

Auburn has brought in Vanderbilt transfer Elijah McCallister and freshmen Keldric Faulk and Brenton Williams but is looking to add one more experienced transfer, something Ukwu has plenty of.

More Football!

Auburn named a 'potential landing spot' for Notre Dame QB Tyler Buchner

Auburn football ranks bottom-tier in USA TODAY's post-spring power rankings

Jeffrey M'Ba commits to Big Ten school

DraftNetwork breaks down four best fits for Derick Hall

Contact/Follow us @TheAuburnWire on Twitter, and like our page on Facebook to follow ongoing coverage of Auburn news, notes, and opinion. You can also follow JD on Twitter @jdmccarthy15.

Story originally appeared on Auburn Wire

• Thanks 1

si.com

Three names to watch as Auburn football looks for its next commitment

Jack Singley
4–5 minutes

These three high school prospects could join the 2024 Auburn recruiting class.

The recruits have been coming in under the new Freeze staff and as we reach the six-month mark of the Freeze administration, he and the staff have been relentless on the trail. The 2023 class saw 24 new commits come in after the hiring of Freeze. There were 12 high school and JUCO recruits and 12 transfers that came to Auburn after November 29, 2022.

The 2024 recruiting class has been no different. The only commits that Auburn had in the 24' class when Freeze arrived were DB A'mon Lane and Quarterback Adrian Posse. Posse later de-committed and Freeze turned around and gained the commitment of four-star Walter White not even a month later. Carnell Williams is continuing his run of getting his guy, as J'Marion Burnette committed to the Tigers in March. DB Jayden Lewis and TE Martavious Collins are also in this class, with Collins committing earlier this month.

The question now is, who is next? There are a few guys who I believe would be candidates to be the next Auburn Tiger commit.

1. Cam Coleman

The recruiting experts always say, "Follow the visits", and with Coleman that leads him to be an Auburn Tiger. Coleman has visited Auburn four times this year, once on the LSU game, and then three times within a span of four weeks. Coleman visited in back-to-back weeks and then two weeks following that went to A-Day. Coleman was recently upgraded to a composite five-star on 247, which means that the overall rating across all services ranks him as a five-star. Coleman will take an official visit to the Plains.

2. Joseph Phillips

Phillips is one of the defensive staff's main priorities, as his edge-rushing abilities are a big need in this class. The Tuskegee native has been a frequent visitor to Auburn just like Coleman, four visits for Phillips this year shows that not only is the staff a fan of him but he is a fan of the staff. Phillips is a middle-ranked four-star who racked up 75 tackles, 19 tackles for loss, and nine sacks. Phillips has not decided on an official visit date for the Tigers.

3. Perry Thompson

The second five-star on this list, Thompson is ranked as the third player in Alabama and the sixth wide receiver in the country. Thompson, unlike Phillips and Coleman, is committed to a team already. Thompson has been a part of the Alabama 2024 recruiting class since July 2022. This commitment to the Tide has not stopped the Foley native from showing interest in Auburn, as Thompson has been to Auburn four times since receiving an offer from Marcus Davis on January 11th, 2023. Thompson most recently caught the eyes of some people for sitting in the rain to watch the A-Day game on April 8th. Thompson has set an official visit with the Tigers.

The big day for these recruits could be in December, but following the visits and the activity they have had with the staff, a commitment in the summer does seem possible. Freeze has turned a program that had not signed a five-star since 2019, to having two five-stars be seen as potential commits. The program is on an upward trajectory and the recruiting seems to be following that track.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:
al.com

Hugh Freeze: Spring transfer window 'quite a bit slower' than expected

Published: Apr. 25, 2023, 6:19 p.m.
5–6 minutes

The postseason transfer portal window was like an all-out sprint through a marathon for Hugh Freeze and his staff, but the spring window has seen a much more leisurely pace.

Auburn was one of the busiest and most successful teams during the initial transfer window, bringing in a highly rated transfer haul that included a dozen newcomers for spring practice. Since the spring window opened April 15, however, things have been much quieter on the Plains — somewhat to Freeze’s surprise.

“We really weren’t sure what to expect, and I do think it’s been quite a bit slower,” Freeze said Tuesday evening in Atlanta before the first stop on the AMBUSH tour. “I’m not sure that it’s a bad thing.”

Read more Auburn football: Former Auburn defensive end Jeffrey M’ba transfers to Purdue

Taking stock of Auburn’s eight freshman early enrollees after spring practice

Taking stock of Auburn’s 12 early transfer pickups after their first spring on the Plains

Since the start of spring practices, Auburn has seen just a handful of players depart the program, with three of those coming since spring culminated on A-Day. Reserve linebackers Kameron Brown and Desmond Tisdol opted to transfer during spring practice, while defensive end Jeffrey M’ba, wide receiver Tar’Varish Dawson Jr. and reserve linebacker Powell Gordon have hit the portal since spring ended. Meanwhile, Auburn has yet to land any incoming transfers in the post-spring window, even though Freeze is open to additions at any position and specifically cited five positions he’d like to address during this transfer period, which runs from April 15-30.

Those spots include quarterback, edge rusher/Jack linebacker, cornerback, safety and offensive line.

“It’s kind of been a bit slower than we anticipated,” Freeze said. “Feel like it picked up a little bit today, maybe. Or the last couple of days. Will be curious to see what the rest of the week brings. I think it’s well-documented that we’re always trying to improve our roster. So, we’re constantly monitoring it.”

The Tigers have an ongoing competition at quarterback, where Robby Ashford, T.J. Finley and Holden Geriner split reps throughout the spring, and Freeze has been forthcoming in his public evaluations of the position, even saying on A-Day that he’s open to bringing in someone else to compete if it’s the right fit but adding that he believes Auburn can win some games with who it has in the room currently.

Freeze noted early in spring that the Tigers are “deficient” in true pass-rushers, and adding depth to the Jack position would be a priority. Auburn finished spring with just three healthy outside cornerbacks, including true freshman Kayin Lee, and while more freshmen will arrive this summer, adding more experience to that room with the likes of Nehemiah Pritchett and D.J. James would be a luxury. The same goes for safety, where Auburn returns Zion Puckett and Jaylin Simpson atop the depth chart but would like to add another contributor to a generally young position. The Tigers already overhauled their offensive line in the first transfer window, with plug-and-play additions at both tackle spots and center but adding another guard to compete for a starting role would be helpful.

Auburn has been in contact with a handful of players at some of those positions of need, including offensive guards Jaden Muskrat (Tulsa) and Emmanuel Pregnon (Wyoming), as well as edge rushers Isaac Ukwu (James Madison) and Jaheim Thomas (Cincinnati), among others.

As Auburn tries to find more pieces to raise its ceiling in Year 1 under Freeze during this spring transfer window, the first-year head coach is also navigating the challenges of roster management with this new recruiting calendar. Auburn is currently projected to have approximately 83 players on scholarship for the upcoming season, two shy of the NCAA limit.

“Figuring out the 85 in this new world is very, very challenging and very, very difficult,” Freeze said. “It also promotes some difficult conversations at times…. You sit here and you do what’s best for Auburn. That’s not always enjoyable by all. But it’s tough to manage the 85. And we go into the spring portal saying, ‘Here’s the ideal plan. We sign this number at this position and this number at this position, and this is how we get to the 85, by doing that.’

“But all of that is subjective to everything going exactly your way and players going into the portal who think can improve you. When that doesn’t happen, you hope that your Plan B is able to be successful. So, it’s a challenge.”

Tom Green is an Auburn beat reporter for Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Tomas_Verde.

hopefully things end a little better/more upbeat than they've started off...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

hopefully things end a little better/more upbeat than they've started off...

i have faith so far in coach freeze. so many things on the portal. entitled players that might be disruptive in the locker room. nil guys that want to make nfl money before they even sniff the nil. grades. there are a million reasons out there and i refuse to trash coach without proof. i mean come on. coach and staff have already performed a miracle so i believe the fault lies elsewhere. of course this is my opinion ainsy. am i i missing anything bro?

Yeah I don’t think it’s really any of the coaches’ fault…I think the pickings are just far slimmer than what they had anticipated, at least so far

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i have faith so far in coach freeze. so many things on the portal. entitled players that might be disruptive in the locker room. nil guys that want to make nfl money before they even sniff the nil. grades. there are a million reasons out there and i refuse to trash coach without proof. i mean come on. coach and staff have already performed a miracle so i believe the fault lies elsewhere. of course this is my opinion ainsy. am i i missing anything bro?

I am keeping an open mind too. For as much as this program needed, the coaches did a tremendous job getting the players they did. I guess the NFL, finally has its minor league system. I’ll never agree with the transfer portal and the NIL completely, as it has become far too easy, but this is the current state of college athletics, so not much of a choice but to accept it. 

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

"It’s sometimes daunting. When you wake up at 2 a.m., you’re thinking, ‘Gosh almighty, we have so much to do.’ And you want to get it done so fast for the program and for the people that believed in you to hire you and trust in you,” Freeze said. “All of that weighs on you when you really care, and you want to get it done.

Intentional or not that's a nice and deserved dig at Harsin. 

Edited by gr82be
  • Like 2

Getting a quality QB in the first transfer period was hard enough but people need to remember CHF had only 3 weeks to do it. The QB position is unique and most transfer QBs want to know what they're getting into before they make the jump. Because of that, more established coaching staffs will have an understandable advantage in acquiring a good transfer QB.

But CHF and staff did bring in 12 other players at critical positions of need which was an impressive accomplishment. The 2nd transfer window does seem to be a lot slower, as CHF and many others are saying, not only for QB but for other positions. Keeping the QB transfer situation in perspective, as of today there have been only 18 teams, out of 130+, that were able to get a 4* QB in the portal. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, gr82be said:

Intentional or not that's a nice and deserved dig at Harsin. 

But does Freeze take the stairs? 🤔

Edited by AUwent
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, AUwent said:

But does Freeze take the stairs? 🤔

let me tell you about those stairs. i got drunk with a neighborhood friend at an Auburn  game.i cannot remember the game. anyway i had a slight miscalculation and tumbled down several rows of seats and steps. i was so embarrassed i jumped up hoping no one saw me and and here comes a dozen Auburn fans running up to see if i was alright. i never drank that much at a game again. i was fortunate nothing was hurt but my ego.

• Haha 1