SO Biden has announced he is running again

aubiefifty

to my left leaning brothers it is said on redditt that no one is allowed to run against him in the primaries. is this legit and what are your thoughts? this disturbs me right now but i am probably missing something.

bidens age does not bother me. what does bother me is mrs Harris will step in if he croaks. i know so little about her i would love to know she can handle the job. she appears to do less than most vp's in the past on both sides. i mean i have gone months and not see anything on her.

Reddit, as usual, is full of inaccurate bull****. A sitting president can absolutely have challengers in a primary...if the incumbent is perceived to be reasonably popular, the challenge is usually perfunctory.

The most recent serious challenge to an incumbent president that I can remember is Ted Kennedy giving it a go against Carter in 1980.

Interesting transcript of an interview that aired on NPR in 2019 about this. The first part of the article is background, the latter part gets to the Kennedy challenge in 1980.

Kennedy challenging Carter in 1980

Fiddy is saying that Biden won’t get challengers. Too many opportunities to screw up speaking on a national stage. 

He of course CAN have challengers. Fiddy is saying that none will be allowed.