how would you guys rate our coaching staff?

aubiefifty

On 4/25/2023 at 8:14 PM, bigbird said:

Completely agree

I love the mix of former coordinators, experience, youth, and alumni.

I thing CJG is gonna be a Force at DL coach.

I think Coach Freeze knocked it out of the park with his OL and DL hires. Both are young and seem to be good recruiters. If they can develop players, and I truly feel they will, then these 2 hires will be A+ hires, imo. I will always say that you should build a team from the inside out and that starts in the trenches. I really like this staff but Jake Thornton and Jeremy Garrett are my favorites. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TeamZero77 said:

I think Coach Freeze knocked it out of the park with his OL and DL hires. Both are young and seem to be good recruiters. If they can develop players, and I truly feel they will, then these 2 hires will be A+ hires, imo. I will always say that you should build a team from the inside out and that starts in the trenches. I really like this staff but Jake Thornton and Jeremy Garrett are my favorites. 

Both are gonna be very dynamic, IMO 

• Love 1

On 4/25/2023 at 8:17 PM, aubiefifty said:

we got a headhunter or two in the secondary and i am super excited about that. i love to some some young cat whp normally is not big decleat some dude that is usually bigger. 

Video review confirms a 15 yard personal foul on Fifty for supporting targeting.  Fifty will now have to sit out the first half of the next page in this discussion.

• Haha 1
  • Angry 1

Just now, icanthearyou said:

Video review confirms a 15 yard personal foul on Fifty for supporting targeting.  Fifty will now have to sit out the first half of the next page in this discussion.

coach made me support the team................lol

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

coach made me support the team................lol

Your appeal will not be considered.  You have been disqualified from this half of this page.

• Sad 1

It is difficult if not impossible to accurately rate a staff whose team has not played a game yet. 

Based on turning the 2023 class from a disaster to solid A-

Based on what they have brought in from Portal so far A- - If they had brought in a top notch QB it would be A+

Based on 2024 commitments so far - B but I expect that to go up as time passes 

Based on A-Day game - B- because of improved O-line play and how good the DB's looked - I am still worried about LB and the ability of O to get outside in run game when D knew there would be limited passing because of weather. Also worried about WR development

Player development to soon to say

Football coaching and game day preparation can't be rated at this time.

Based on how hard they seem to be recruiting and energy I have seen A.

Overall a B maybe a B+ but like everybody else I need to see the product on the field and how the 2024 recruiting class develops over time.

i am not dissing our new wr coach ok? but i wish freeze had hired cornbread as an up yours to harsin. it would show what a fool he was and repair cornbreads image. now i base this on folks saying cornbread did nothing wrong. but it is not a perfect world.

Kirby says its 25% evaluation, 50% recruiting and 25% coaching. Hard to argue thise numbers. I think we’re in a good place with these guys.