ok racism deniers explain this one away.............

aubiefifty

14 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Cherokee blood is heavily in my veins…..and I hope he/she has charitable offsets because it’s needed. 

my grandmother who i never even remember seeing was supposed to be full blooded cherokee. i was also told she was some kind of cherokee princess but i have my doubts about that as well.they lived in tennessee so it might be legit.

On 4/24/2023 at 1:32 PM, PUB78 said:

He has a bad case of “Liberal White Guilt “.

Funny how you categorize the accounting or actual (true) history as an attempt to make one feel guilty.

Not sure exactly what that reveals about you, but it's not positive. 

Do feel stronger as an individual by defining your self-identity merely as part of a racial group?  Are you strong enough as an individual to simply deal and accept the past as the past? Are you capable of just accepting what was and move on to a better future?  Why do you feel threatened by others who are self-confident enough to do that?

Maybe you just aren't self-confident or self-assured enough to be "woke".

6 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Funny how you categorize the accounting or actual (true) history as an attempt to make one feel guilty.

Do feel stronger as an individual by defining your self-identity merely as part of a racial group?  Are you strong enough as an individual to simply deal and accept the past as the past? Are you capable of just accepting what was and move on to a better future?  Why do you feel threatened by others who are self-confident enough to do that?

i looked up the definition for woke. Alert to and concerned about social injustice and discrimination. why people think this is a bad thing i will never understand. and no one will ever convince me woke is not a good thing. hjomer would i be wrong in saying this is racist since it involves all people? it is a sh*tty look and i just do not understand.

17 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Cherokee blood is heavily in my veins…..and I hope he/she has charitable offsets because it’s needed. 

The Cherokees held African American slaves.  How do you feel about that? 

https://www.okhistory.org/publications/enc/entry.php?entry=SL002#:~:text=Of the Five Tribes%2C the,as English interpreters and translators.

Edited by JMWATS
  • Facepalm 2

11 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

i looked up the definition for woke. Alert to and concerned about social injustice and discrimination. why people think this is a bad thing i will never understand. and no one will ever convince me woke is not a good thing. hjomer would i be wrong in saying this is racist since it involves all people? it is a sh*tty look and i just do not understand.

They need a meme to rally around.  Like "BLM" - which is all you heard from them a year or two ago - or "snowflake" (the precursor to "woke").   

The greater the distortion, the better.  It's a cult thing. 

Sort of like "Sieg Heil" or "Heil Hitler"!  ;)

29 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

I see it as simple denial.  American history is full of both good and evil.  We cannot progress as a culture unless we acknowledge both.

People who feel threatened by accounting for the evil aren't interested in progression, which naturally must include multiculturalism.  They want to regress back to the time when domination of the country was exclusively by white Christians. They fear the future. 

They fear what amounts to human destiny. They want to live in the past.

Edited by homersapien
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, homersapien said:

They need a meme to rally around.  Like "BLM" - which is all you heard from them a year or two ago - or "snowflake" (the precursor to "woke").   

The greater the distortion, the better.  It's a cult thing. 

Sort of like "Sieg Heil" or "Heil Hitler"!  ;)

trump emboldened racism  for a vote i am not surprised some repubs do not run on a "send em back to africa" slogan.

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

When people talk about woke it is referring to things such as the Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light spectacle or Coke's "Be less white training." It is not about not wanting to deal with the injustice it is about how it is handled. 

Not Woke Example: Yes certain groups of society need to understand the history of slavery and laws that have held people back especially African Americans and recognized issues still exist.

Woke Example: We need to realize it is our fault for things done in the past are still our fault for the actions of others totally unrelated to ourselves and we should feel guilty about being a certain race. Therefore we need training to make you less white or whatever. 

Never understood why lefties can't figure out this when people refer to wokeness. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

When people talk about woke it is referring to things such as the Dylan Mulvaney Bud Light spectacle or Coke's "Be less white training." It is not about not wanting to deal with the injustice it is about how it is handled. 

Not Woke Example: Yes certain groups of society need to understand the history of slavery and laws that have held people back especially African Americans and recognized issues still exist.

Woke Example: We need to realize it is our fault for things done in the past are still our fault for the actions of others totally unrelated to ourselves and we should feel guilty about being a certain race. Therefore we need training to make you less white or whatever. 

Never understood why lefties can't figure out this when people refer to wokeness. 

i could care less about dylan. but you guys are using woke to try and rewrite history in florida and who knows where else. it is an admired thing that unfortunately some will mess up on. it appears to have hurt their profits and folks were let go or sus pended i forget. but we all need to call out injust wherever it raises it's ugly head instead of ignoring it and letting things get worse. thanx for the example.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i could care less about dylan. but you guys are using woke to try and rewrite history in florida and who knows where else. it is an admired thing that unfortunately some will mess up on. it appears to have hurt their profits and folks were let go or sus pended i forget. but we all need to call out injust wherever it raises it's ugly head instead of ignoring it and letting things get worse. thanx for the example.

Problem is both sides today blow things out of proportion too much regarding these issues when blaming the other side or accusing the other side. Usually it is somewhere in between. 

• Like 2

Just now, wdefromtx said:

Problem is both sides today blow things out of proportion too much regarding these issues when blaming the other side or accusing the other side. Usually it is somewhere in between. 

i agree. i like the dems better than the repubs but i have never ever been one hundred percent satisfied with them. but they get close most days. plus alll the cool folks and rock stars are libs other than ted the ped and sucker punch em kid...............grins. kid was cool back in the day until his best friend died and he changed. remember the dwarf that rapped with him? plus i was a liberal arts major in college. grins

2 hours ago, JMWATS said:

I feel terrible about anyone held as a slave....but I also recognize how the world worked back then. And I mean the entire globe. 

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, homersapien said:

I see it as simple denial.  American history is full of both good and evil.  We cannot progress as a culture unless we acknowledge both.

People who feel threatened by accounting for the evil aren't interested in progression, which naturally must include multiculturalism.  They want to regress back to the time when domination of the country was exclusively by white Christians. They fear the future. 

They fear what amounts to human destiny. They want to live in the past.

I don't mind accounting for it....I just don't like it being used to do things that's not fair or equitable decades later. 

7 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

I feel terrible about anyone held as a slave....but I also recognize how the world worked back then. And I mean the entire globe. 

That is a reasonable approach to the history for sure. 

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

I don’t lack self confidence and my mission in life is to treat all people with dignity and respect, despite any political, religious or social differences we may have.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

It's crazy how it's so many white people that are upset......if history could be different and it was the white people that were enslaved it would be a total different feeling then imo. 

Pretty much now it's unless a person had I am racist tattooed on their forehead nothing is really racist. And if you want to discuss equality you are crying and making excuses. 

What I have learned though let anything unfair happen to many white people children.....then you see a different side as far as empathy and sympathy. 

Pretty much nothing is a problem unless it's close to having an affect to many white people friends or family.

IMO you can look at how Bo Nix was treated and discussed compared to so many before and after him. That's pretty much how society is for white people. The privilege that's built in that nobody wants to admit to. 

You couldn't point out Bo's flaws, you couldn't even discuss him in a bad way. You had to give him nothing but praise. He had overwhelming support for being very mediocre. Every excuse made for him, people blindly defending him, and as soon as there was a different QB it was right back to being able to demonize and completely disrespect on here again. And everybody just pretend that they don't see it or it didn't happen.

That's society for white people usually as opposed to black people

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

It's crazy how it's so many white people that are upset......if history could be different and it was the white people that were enslaved it would be a total different feeling then imo. 

Pretty much now it's unless a person had I am racist tattooed on their forehead nothing is really racist. And if you want to discuss equality you are crying and making excuses. 

What I have learned though let anything unfair happen to many white people children.....then you see a different side as far as empathy and sympathy. 

Pretty much nothing is a problem unless it's close to having an affect to many white people friends or family.

IMO you can look at how Bo Nix was treated and discussed compared to so many before and after him. That's pretty much how society is for white people. The privilege that's built in that nobody wants to admit to. 

You couldn't point out Bo's flaws, you couldn't even discuss him in a bad way. You had to give him nothing but praise. He had overwhelming support for being very mediocre. Every excuse made for him, people blindly defending him, and as soon as there was a different QB it was right back to being able to demonize and completely disrespect on here again. And everybody just pretend that they don't see it or it didn't happen.

That's society for white people usually as opposed to black people

Cole,

I don’t agree with you. Bo took a lot of abuse on this board and in the press. He did have his “blind” supporters who bristled at any criticism of him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Cole,

I don’t agree with you. Bo took a lot of abuse on this board and in the press. He did have his “blind” supporters who bristled at any criticism of him.

Bo's "abuse" is people saying he didn't play good after he didn't play good. You have maybe 2 user accounts that was just created that may have said anything harsh about him, nothing close to the way other QB's were talked about on here. Nothing close. 

But like I said replies like that you just offered. It's like a facade that's created that people whole heartedly believe.  And that what makes it even harder to argue and point out. There's no examples abuse but if a person really believe it they feel like they are operating in truth. So that makes it harder to show reality as opposed to a person lying trying to deceive people.

And that's how this analogy shows how difficult it is to discuss race related stuff. You have SOME genuinely good people who just don't see reality and what's going on for whatever reason and here they are lining up and arguing and whether they intend to or not, standing in solidarity with racist people and strengthening them and helping them because they agree with some points for whatever reason. And it's hard to show them reality. They'd rather believe that there are millions of black people lying about problems than there actually being any. 

• Dislike 1

6 hours ago, autigeremt said:

Yet very simple things like how this country was founded was people rising up and protesting, and destroying things, and eventually war which has taken place all over the world forever.

But if a group of minorities were to get together and God forbid break something they are criminals and thugs and are demonized. 

It's pretty much everybody wanted to throw licks and fight back in the day and then when black people throw a lick it's no you can't do that. Whatever has happened has happened and you just have to deal with it now. Not only deal with it but shut the hell up while you are dealing with it. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Yet very simple things like how this country was founded was people rising up and protesting, and destroying things, and eventually war which has taken place all over the world forever.

But if a group of minorities were to get together and God forbid break something they are criminals and thugs and are demonized. 

It's pretty much everybody wanted to throw licks and fight back in the day and then when black people throw a lick it's no you can't do that. Whatever has happened has happened and you just have to deal with it now. Not only deal with it but shut the hell up while you are dealing with it. 

C'mon Cole, we dont do that now.

Everything now is a political coup or a military coup.

I do believe in the whole 'purge by fire' thing, but I ain't makin the first move :lol: 

...I can't think of the last time the 'people' actually had a revolution. But maybe it's just too late, I dunno.

in a ton of american history and especially during the founding of this country many whites were indentured to work off five to fifteen years of hard labor for an owner or master. then we they finally worked their debt off they were so poor many had to move out into the wilderness where they were easy prey for native americans. the same thing happened in australia as well. i hate slavery of any kind it is pure evil and i could care less who does it. america treated the irish like s*** and even made them fight in the civil war or get deported. the chinese and probably other asians were treated badly as well. it is a bad look period. we still have slavery in the world today. it is all ugly. i am making two points here. one is slavery was a thing in pretty much all countries. my second point is it still goes on in america right now but in many sneaky ways. here is proof..........

humanrightsmeasurement.org

The US scores poorly in HRMI’s latest human rights data – Human Rights Measurement Initiative

12–15 minutes

This country spotlight refers to data published in 2019. For the most recent data, go to our Rights Tracker.

On the last day of 2018, police in California shot and killed a teenager. This unnamed young man, armed with knife, but not fleeing from police, was the 992nd person to be added to the Washington Post Police Shootings database in 2018.

A new human rights data release from the Human Rights Measurement Initiative (HRMI) provides another perspective on the serious problem of police killings in the United States. In 2019 HRMI scores the United States performance on respecting the right to freedom from extrajudicial killing at a very low 3.9 out of 10.

Experts contributing to the development of the US scores identified police shootings, especially of African Americans and people of racial minorities, as a leading contributor to this poor score.

The word cloud below shows the percentages of expert respondents who identified each group as being particularly at risk of extrajudicial killing.

US people at risk of extrajudicial killing

Word cloud showing the percentage of expert respondents who identified each of these groups as being particularly at risk of extrajudicial execution. You can see this image in context on our Rights Tracker.

This is just one of the insights into the human rights landscape in the US that come from HRMI’s 2019 data release. Read on for more.

The United States scores poorly in 2019 HRMI human rights scores

HRMI’s human rights data on the United States include several strikingly poor results.

The 12 rights we measure are summarised by three category scores:

Human rights scores for the United States from the Human Rights Measurement Initiative

2019 HRMI human rights scores for the United States. You can explore the US scores on our Rights Tracker.

Empowerment: 4.9 out of 10

The United States scored 4.9 out of 10 for Empowerment rights, measuring:

• the right to participate in government
  • the right to opinion and expression
  • the right to assembly and association

The United States’ Empowerment score of 4.9, based on a detailed survey of human rights experts, suggests that many people are not enjoying their civil liberties and political freedoms.

Safety from the State: 5.4 out of 10

The United States scored 5.4 out of 10 for Safety from the State rights, measuring:

• freedom from torture
  • freedom from execution
  • freedom from disappearance
  • freedom from arbitrary or political arrest and detention

The United States’ Safety from the State score of 5.4, based on a detailed survey of human rights experts, suggests that many people are not safe from arbitrary arrest, torture, disappearance, execution or extrajudicial killing.

HRMI co-founder, and Civil and Political Rights Lead, Dr K Chad Clay, calls the United States scores ‘very concerning, but sadly, not surprising.’ He says, ‘These results show that the United States’ human rights practices do not live up to its government’s rhetoric. Indeed, the United States’ performance on human rights falls well short of that observed in other high income democracies around the world.’

Quality of Life: 82.8%

The score of 82.8% for Quality of Life is a measure of how well the United States uses its wealth to ensure people’s rights to food, education, health, housing and work are met, taking into account its income. The score is produced by using data from international databases, and measuring outcomes against what other countries with a similar income level have been able to achieve.

Because the score takes income into account, every country should achieve 100%.

The United States’ score shows that it is only doing 82.8% of what should be possible right now with the resources it has. Since anything less than 100% indicates that a country is not meeting its current duty under international human rights law, HRMI’s assessment is that the United States has some way to goto meet its immediate economic and social rights duty.

HRMI co-founder, and economic and social rights lead Dr Susan Randolph says of the United States’ performance, ‘With regard to economic and social rights, on average across the five economic and social rights considered, the United States only achieves 82.8% of what evidence shows is feasible at its per capita income level. This places it in the bottom third of high income countries with full data on all five rights, just behind Luxembourg and just ahead of Hungary. The United States’ greatest deficiencies occur for the rights to work and education where it only achieves 66% and 76%, respectively, of what the best performing countries have at its per capita income level.’

What’s going on in the United States? Themes from the 2019 data

Human rights scores for the United States from the Human Rights Measurement Initiative

2019 HRMI human rights scores for the United States. You can explore the US scores on our Rights Tracker.

US scores very poorly for both executions and extrajudicial killing

The United States is one of only four countries in our 19 country sample to have executed people using the death penalty in 2018, and the only high income democracy in our sample to have done so.

The US also has a strikingly bad score for extrajudicial killing, 3.9 out of 10, particularly because of the lethal force used by police against African Americans and other people of colour. The chart below shows that the US score on this right is near the bottom of the sample, in company with Saudi Arabia and Mexico.

Extrajudicial Killing, 2019 data from HRMI

Scores for 19 countries on the right to freedom from extrajudicial execution. Explore the data on our Rights Tracker.

Voter suppression is widespread and affects people of colour the most

The United States’ score for the right to participate in government is just 4 out of 10.

Our expert respondents pointed to widespread voter suppression, especially affecting African Americans and other people of colour. Every single expert respondent listed race as a factor that made people vulnerable to abuse of this right, as indicated in the word cloud below. The numbers in parentheses show the percentage of expert respondents who identified each group of people as being particularly at risk of violations of this right.

Image showing the people at risk of abuse of the right to participate in government

2019 HRMI data on the United States, showing the people at particular risk of abuse of the right to participate in government. The numbers in parentheses are the percentage of our expert respondents who identified that group as particularly at risk. You can explore the United States data on our Rights Tracker.

The US score on this right compares poorly to the 18 other countries in the 2019 data collection. The US score is around the same as Fiji and Mexico.

2019 Human Rights data comparing country performance on the right to participate in government

HRMI chart showing the performance of 19 countries for the right to participate in government. You can explore scores for this right on our Rights Tracker

Native Americans suffer rights abuses

Having suffered the effects of colonisation and oppression for centuries, Native Americans are now in the position of suffering widespread human rights abuses. Native Americans were identified by experts we surveyed as being particularly vulnerable to abuses of nearly every one of the rights we measure.

US healthcare system fails to give effect to people’s right to health

The United States scored 93.3% for the right to health. This score measures performance and adjusts for income, so anything less than 100% indicates a country has a long way to go to meet even its most pressing minimum obligations under international law.

The word cloud below shows the percentage of our expert respondents who said these people were most at risk of not having their right to health realised.

Image showing the people at risk of abuse of the right to health

2019 HRMI data on the United States, showing the people at particular risk of abuse of the right to health. The numbers in parentheses are the percentage of our expert respondents who identified that group as particularly at risk. You can explore the United States data on our Rights Tracker.

US is a difficult environment for unions

Forty percent of our expert respondents said that ‘all people’ were at risk of violations of their rights to unionise.

Further, the United States’ score for the right to work (which includes the right to social security) was in the bottom half of countries that received scores for this right, behind Russia, France and Hungary.

The US scores for Safety from the State are disturbingly poor

In the HRMI 2019 sample of 19 countries where our expert survey was carried out, the US score for Safety from the State (freedom from torture, arbitrary arrest, execution, and disappearance), 5.4, falls in the bottom third of the table.

As shown in the table below, the countries with the best results for Safety from the State are New Zealand, United Kingdom, and South Korea. By contrast, the countries clustered around the United States’ score are Vietnam, Angola, and Mozambique.

2019 Human Rights data comparing country performance on Safety from the State

HRMI chart showing the performance of 19 countries for Safety from the State. You can explore the scores on our Rights Tracker..

People most at risk of rights abuses

HRMI asked human rights experts which people were most at risk of having each right violated.

Here are some of the most striking findings:

African American people were identified by experts we surveyed as being particularly vulnerable to abuses of every one of the rights we measure.

African Americans were mentioned most often by experts as being at risk of violations of these rights:

• freedom from extrajudicial killing: particularly through the use of lethal force by law enforcement officers
  • right to participate in government: particularly because of voter suppression efforts
  • freedom from torture
  • freedom from execution via the death penalty
  • all Quality of Life rights (food, education, health, housing, and work)

Native Americans were identified by experts we surveyed as being particularly vulnerable to abuses of nearly every one of the rights we measure. Native Americans were mentioned most often by experts as being at risk of violations of these rights:

• right to participate in government: particularly because of voter suppression efforts
  • freedom from torture
  • right to assembly and association
  • all Quality of Life rights, particularly health, housing and education

Latinx people were identified by experts we surveyed as being particularly vulnerable to abuses of most of the rights we measure. Latinx people were mentioned most often by experts as being at risk of violations of these rights:

• freedom from arbitrary arrest, especially at the southern border
  • freedom from torture
  • freedom from extrajudicial killing: particularly through the use of lethal force by law enforcement officers
  • all Quality of Life rights, particularly health, housing, education, and just and favourable work conditions

Women and/or girls were identified by experts we surveyed as being particularly vulnerable to abuses of about half of the rights we measure.

Women and/or girls were mentioned most often by experts as being at risk of violations of these rights:

• right to just and favourable work conditions
  • right to health
  • freedom from torture
  • right to a job
  • right to opinion and expression
  • all Quality of Life rights

LGBTQIA+ people were identified by experts we surveyed as being particularly vulnerable to abuses of about half of the rights we measure.

LGBTQIA+ people were mentioned most often by experts as being at risk of violations of these rights:

• right to health
  • freedom from torture
  • right to a job
  • right to housing

Refugees and/or asylum seekers were identified by experts we surveyed as being particularly vulnerable to abuses of nearly every one of the rights we measure.

Refugees and/or asylum seekers were mentioned most often by experts as being at risk of violations of these rights:

• freedom from torture
  • freedom from arbitrary arrest and detention
  • freedom from disappearance
  • freedom from extrajudicial killing: experts cited children detained by Immigration and Customs Enforcement
  • all Quality of Life rights, especially housing, health, and education.

People with disabilities were identified by experts we surveyed as being particularly vulnerable to abuses of most of the rights we measure.

People with disabilities were mentioned most often by experts as being at risk of violations of these rights:

• right to health
  • freedom from torture
  • right to participate in government
  • right to a job
  • right to housing

The ‘people at risk’ data also highlighted the vulnerabilities of:

• homeless people
  • people of lower socioeconomic status
  • people with less education
  • journalists
  • human rights advocates
  • immigrants
  • prisoners

These are just some of the stories our data tell. Please explore the Rights Tracker yourself – by country, or by right – and let us know what you think.

so while slavery is not a thing in america the hate and crap is. non whites basically get treated twenty percent worse than whites. you folks can denie it all you want. but most of you will not or did not read those facts i just posted. this is truly a white mans world. i am white and i see it.

• Thanks 2

19 hours ago, PUB78 said:

I don’t lack self confidence and my mission in life is to treat all people with dignity and respect, despite any political, religious or social differences we may have.

Good for you. 

But IMO, anyone who feels "guilty" from being presented the reality of our history has major issues with perspective.  

Especially if they express resentment over "being made" to feel that guilt.  

Edited by homersapien

20 hours ago, autigeremt said:

I don't mind accounting for it....I just don't like it being used to do things that's not fair or equitable decades later. 

For example?  

5 hours ago, homersapien said:

Good for you. 

But IMO, anyone who feels "guilty" from being presented the reality of our history has major issues with perspective.  

Especially if they express resentment over "being made" to feel that guilt.  

I don’t feel guilty about our nation’s history. Do you ?

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

I don’t feel guilty about our nation’s history. Do you ?

Personal guilt?  No.  

But knowledge of our true history certainly informs my empathy for the victims of historical injustice as well as my politics and skepticism for blind patriotism.

It also helps me realize just how far we have to go to live up to the promise of our founding documents.

Edited by homersapien