ok racism deniers explain this one away.............

aubiefifty

14 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Same racists responding to any attempt to solve the problems of injustice.

What has fifty posted in this thread that is an attempt to solve the problem of injustice?  Really!!

You love to call people racist, isn’t that judging people?

17 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Doing better is in everyone's best interest.

Then why haven’t some black leaders taken the bull by the horns and stop all the black on black crime?  End the killing and better will come. Have two parent families and emphasis education.

24 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

I cannot think of any position more offensive to Jesus than,,, disdain for the poor, disenfranchised, persecuted.

How does he feel about taking personal responsibility for your life?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

What has fifty posted in this thread that is an attempt to solve the problem of injustice?  Really!!

You love to call people racist, isn’t that judging people?

Then why haven’t some black leaders taken the bull by the horns and stop all the black on black crime?  End the killing and better will come. Have two parent families and emphasis education.

How does he feel about taking personal responsibility for your life?

fifty is trying in vain to convince you racism is alive and well.also......... i am pretty sure jesus fed the hungry right? he also cured many of the sick and i could be wrong but i do not remember him curing very many rich folks because most of them could afford to take care of themselves. jesus said to take care of the least of us and buddy you are failing badly at that.

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Jewish student with autism had swastika carved onto his back, mother says

Minyvonne Burke and Erick Mendoza
~3 minutes

The FBI said it is in contact with authorities in Las Vegas after a woman said her Jewish son, who has autism, had a swastika carved onto his back.

"We are aware of the incident and are in regular contact with local authorities. If during the local investigation, information comes to light of a potential federal civil rights violation, the FBI is prepared to investigate," the agency said in a statement Saturday.

The woman told COLlive.com that her son, a student at Clark High School, came home on March 9 with the hate symbol etched into his skin. The woman, who told the outlet that she wanted to remain anonymous, said the 17-year-old is nonverbal, uses a service dog and has someone to assist him at all times.

"My son is the only student I know of who wears a Kippah at the school," she told the outlet, referring to the cap worn by Jewish men and boys.

- ADVERTISEMENT -

The mother said she emailed the school about what happened and then filed a report on March 13 with the Clark County School District Police. She also alleged that her son's service dog's equipment bag had been tampered with, COLlive.com reports.

The school and the district police could not immediately be reached by NBC News on Saturday. School officials told the Las Vegas Review-Journal in a statement that police conducted an investigation which included interviewing staff and reviewing camera footage and found "no evidence that would indicate the origin of the injuries."

"We will not tolerate discriminatory behaviors that contradict an inclusive community and impact student safety and well-being," the statement said. "If anyone has any additional information related to this case, we urge them to contact school police immediately."

The mother told COLlive.com that she pulled her son out of the school because she fears it is an unsafe environment.

Jolie Brislin, the regional director for Anti-Defamation League Nevada, condemned what she called a "violent, antisemitic act."

"Not only was this student targeted for his identifiable faith, but he was particularly vulnerable due to his disability," Brislin said in a statement. "This incident illustrates points of intersectionality in how hate can show itself across marginalized communities."

Brislin said the organization has been in communication with the district and law enforcement and is working with the school "to provide antisemitism education."

"Schools should be no place for hate, and no student should be made to feel unsafe or threatened," the statement read.

This article was originally published on NBCNews.com

Not about the article itself, but how you worded the thread... are there actually people on this board that say racism is not a thing?

Did you have someone in mind when you wrote that?

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

I did not take up for anybody and I am not denying it.  I am questioning the reporting.  Why say it was carved into his back (that paints a picture of a knife attack) when it was scratches?  To sensationalize the story, that’s why and that is all on the press.

The local paper picked it up on the 20th and NBC enhanced the story on the 23rd.  I hope they catch the perps and, as I said, there were cowardly for attacking an autistic child first and foremost and antisemitic in the 2nd place.  You seem to skip over those words.

Did you believe Jussie Smollett’s story at first?  I do have a doubting mind on these things.

That's normal for stories of literally everything these days.

Writers these days will take a picture of a lady in her 40's walking up a hill and word it like she just climbed Everest in her 90's.

43 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

when most countries take their drug addicts and give them help we just throw them in jail because they are mostly minorities and you people could care less. they say it is a health problem. we just lock them up unless their family has money.

It's worse in Bama than just about any other state... given your proclivities I hope you aren't still in AL. 😕 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Not about the article itself, but how you worded the thread... are there actually people on this board that say racism is not a thing?

Did you have someone in mind when you wrote that?

That's normal for stories of literally everything these days.

Writers these days will take a picture of a lady in her 40's walking up a hill and word it like she just climbed Everest in her 90's.

It's worse in Bama than just about any other state... given your proclivities I hope you aren't still in AL. 😕 

yes i am...........

8 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

fifty is trying in vain to convince you racism is alive and well.also......... i am pretty sure jesus fed the hungry right? he also cured many of the sick and i could be wrong but i do not remember him curing very many rich folks because most of them could afford to take care of themselves. jesus said to take care of the least of us and buddy you are failing badly at that.

And I am trying in vain to convince you racism is being feed to you by the media for a purpose and it is not to help quell racism, it is to keep it alive.

Yes, He fed the hungry and cured the sick.  I really don’t recall if they were poor or rich that He cured as illness affects humans no matter what their status in life.

• Facepalm 1

33 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

yes i am...........

You better be careful man.

Alabama in 2023 is like the rest of the US in the 80's. Weed still treated as a class I narcotic there right?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

fifty is trying in vain to convince you racism is alive and well.

1st sentence in @I_M4_AU 1st reply. Problems this morning Fiddy?

“No one ever said there was no racism,”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

I don't recall folks denying racism still exists. Pointing out the bias in the media is not a denial of the existence of racism. However, the media likes to fan the flames and try to make everything into race even in cases that it is not. Until people quit trying to drive a wedge in society regarding this we won't ever get to where we need. That is part of the point, division is a way for people to stay in power. We see the same tactics by the media when it comes to gender and sexual orientation issues. In the media racism usually seems to only occur in one direction and anything to the contrary should not be discussed. We see this when a black person is killed by a white person while when a white person is killed by a black person it largely stays out of the media and without the question of racism. Go look at FBI data and ask why the media does not discuss the murders committed by one race against the others. Because it does not follow the agenda.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

And I am trying in vain to convince you racism is being feed to you by the media for a purpose and it is not to help quell racism,

Racism,,, just another media hoax.

• Facepalm 1

23 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Racism,,, just another media hoax.

Is that your opinion?  Racism is real, just not as bad as the media portrays.

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

57 minutes ago, JMWATS said:

Yeah, no reason for black people to feel any anger over how they have been treated by their fellow citizens.

• Facepalm 1

5 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Yeah, no reason for black people to feel any anger over how they have been treated by their fellow citizens.

Sounds like you condone what they did. Not surprised. 

• Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

One most of the great people in Alabama do not realize exist. Discovered it several years ago when I took my son to DMV. Long line and they did not open. Note card on the door.

Not like everyone shuts down and runs to the lake for dogs and burgers. Get your point though.

7 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

This country should apologize and make amends for:

slavery

segregation

the heinous execution of the war on drugs

How do you propose we do this?

6 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

I don't recall folks denying racism still exists. Pointing out the bias in the media is not a denial of the existence of racism. However, the media likes to fan the flames and try to make everything into race even in cases that it is not. Until people quit trying to drive a wedge in society regarding this we won't ever get to where we need. That is part of the point, division is a way for people to stay in power. We see the same tactics by the media when it comes to gender and sexual orientation issues. In the media racism usually seems to only occur in one direction and anything to the contrary should not be discussed. We see this when a black person is killed by a white person while when a white person is killed by a black person it largely stays out of the media and without the question of racism. Go look at FBI data and ask why the media does not discuss the murders committed by one race against the others. Because it does not follow the agenda.

be careful there buster..........

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

How do you propose we do this?

Education and a robust effort at community development.  An effort that means ownership.  And, the continuing of the effort to remove all institutionalized racism.  People have the right to be racists but,,, that should disqualify them from holding any government job or office,,, at least in this country, under this constitution.

22 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

Same racists responding to any attempt to solve the problems of injustice.

The work of 4 million slaves created the capital that,,, made this country "great".   The ancestors of those slaves disproportionately make up the poorest, most incarcerated, least educated.  Doing better is in everyone's best interest.

I cannot think of any position more offensive to Jesus than,,, disdain for the poor, disenfranchised, persecuted.

This country should apologize and make amends for:

slavery

segregation

the heinous execution of the war on drugs

You should be first in line by giving everything you have earned to those poor people. Now! While you are at it, please give your land over to my ancestors who were here doing just fine before the white folk came over and took it from us. 

• Sad 1

30 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

You should be first in line by giving everything you have earned to those poor people. Now! While you are at it, please give your land over to my ancestors who were here doing just fine before the white folk came over and took it from us. 

I hate what has happened to you.  I wish that there was some way to help you.

4 hours ago, autigeremt said:

ok pard who did YOUR ancestors steal it from? or are you trying to say you are kin to all north american indians?  and i bet ichy gives more to charity than most on here.

5 hours ago, icanthearyou said:

I hate what has happened to you.  I wish that there was some way to help you.

Go tell that to the man in the mirror.  Make sure to facepalm while you are it. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

ok pard who did YOUR ancestors steal it from? or are you trying to say you are kin to all north american indians?  and i bet ichy gives more to charity than most on here.

Cherokee blood is heavily in my veins…..and I hope he/she has charitable offsets because it’s needed. 

• Like 1