Hunter Biden team wants Treasury probe of ex-Trump aide and Congress action against MTG

aubiefifty

yahoo.com

Hunter Biden team wants Treasury probe of ex-Trump aide and Congress action against MTG

Sarah Fitzpatrick

4–5 minutes

Hunter Biden’s legal team is asking the Treasury Department to investigate a former Trump aide for circulating federal banking records linked to the president’s son and Congress to take action against Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene for her statements about Biden.

Letters sent Monday morning to the House Ethics Committee and the Treasury Department’s Office of Inspector General and obtained by NBC News are among the latest efforts in an increasingly public and aggressive strategy from Hunter Biden’s legal team, led by attorney Abbe Lowell.

Lowell declined to comment.

The Treasury letter notes that former Trump White House aide Garrett Ziegler obtained and published on his website five Suspicious Activity Reports, or SARs, from JPMorgan Chase that involve or are related to Hunter Biden.

Financial institutions must file SARs with the Treasury Department whenever there are transactions that could indicate illegal activity. Unauthorized disclosures of SARs, which are confidential, can be prosecuted.

Image: Garrett Ziegler, second right, at the White House with Donald Trump. (White House Photo / Garrett Ziegler via Truth Social)

The letter notes that Ziegler has stated that he worked with an insider at JPMorgan Chase to obtain the SARs and asks that Ziegler be investigated for possibly violating federal banking laws.

“Ziegler has used Mr. Biden’s SARs and other financial records to craft a false narrative that Mr. Biden is associated with a human trafficking ring. In his persistent and continued broadcast of this fictitious tale, Ziegler has called upon House Oversight Committee Chairman James Comer to disseminate Mr. Biden’s private information to an even wider audience."

The letter notes that the Republican-led House Oversight Committee published excerpts of two of the SARs in a recent report titled “A President Compromised: The Biden Family Investigation” and that at a news conference Comer, R-Ky., “falsely declared that one SAR ‘connects Hunter Biden and his business associates to international human trafficking, among other illegal activities.’”

Ziegler, who worked in the Trump White House as an aide to economic adviser Peter Navarro, has recently become a focus for Biden’s legal team for his alleged role in obtaining and disseminating Biden’s personal data, sources said. He was among 11 people who were sent evidence preservation letters in February in anticipation of future litigation, as NBC News previously reported.

The letter to the Treasury Department also notes that Ziegler has sought to involve himself in Biden’s ongoing child custody case in Arkansas as an “expert witness,” which may have contributed to his access to Biden’s confidential financial information. “Surely not a coincidence, once Ziegler became involved with that case about child support, he immediately started bragging in public that he has access to Mr. Biden’s tax returns.”

Ziegler, the Treasury Department and Comer’s office did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

In their letter to the House Ethics Committee, Biden’s lawyers request action be taken against Greene, R-Ga., for her statements and conduct regarding Biden, alleging violations of the House Ethics Code and standards of official conduct. “Representative Greene’s unethical conduct arises from her continuous verbal attacks, defamatory statements, publication of personal photos and data, and promotion of conspiracy theories about and against Robert Hunter Biden. None of these could possibly be deemed to be part of any legitimate legislative activity,” the letter says.

The letter notes that Greene has alleged on Twitter that the Biden family engaged in a human trafficking ring and that in January she posted on her Truth Social account photos of Hunter Biden and his niece and another family member, suggesting that they were prostitutes.

Greene did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

This article was originally published on NBCNews.com

5 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

People in hell want ice water.

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

People in hell want ice water.

get back to me when you quit lying and apologize when you are wrong. again another stupid remark because you do not like someone if their rights are infringed upon unless it is a guy named trump. you do not want to keep doing this mikey. i am trying to be nice. nuy gp spew your hate and lies elsewhere................

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

get back to me when you quit lying and apologize when you are wrong. again another stupid remark because you do not like someone if their rights are infringed upon unless it is a guy named trump. you do not want to keep doing this mikey. i am trying to be nice. nuy gp spew your hate and lies elsewhere................

The Biden camp is flailing around hoping to find some straw to help them stay afloat. That's all this recent effort is and if you thought about it you'd know it. Dark days are on the horizon for Hunter and The Big Guy.

As for the rest of your statement, your idea and the world's idea of what is a lie are two very different things.

I suppose I should expect you to apologize for claiming Trump used illegal funds to pay off Stormy Daniels when I proved that a legitimate court ordered Daniels to pay Trump $122,000? By your standards you should apologize for that "lie".

11 hours ago, Leftfield said:

And you know full well the discussion was about what you said was the reason for that. Quit trying to squirm out of it.

If you're just going to completely ignore claims that you make because you can't back them up, why bother bringing them up in the first place? Not a great recipe for anyone to take you seriously.

Just now, Mikey said:

The Biden camp is flailing around hoping to find some straw to help them stay afloat. That's all this recent effort is and if you thought about it you'd know it. Dark days are on the horizon for Hunter and The Big Guy.

As for the rest of your statement, your idea and the world's idea of what is a lie are two very different things.

I suppose I should expect you to apologize for claiming Trump used illegal funds to pay off Stormy Daniels when I proved that a legitimate court ordered Daniels to pay Trump $122,000? By your standards you should apologize for that "lie".

are you a complete moron? that was a completely separate issue. dude trump is in court over daniels about using campaign money to pay her off. this is fact and how you miss this amazes me. why is it the vast majority of folks on this board stay on you to include mods? it is not a conspiracy it is the lies you tell all the time. you have no honor and no shame. i believe you have gotten senile to be honest. try telling the truth sometimes if you are capable...................

• Facepalm 1

They are over the target, fire for effect.  The walls are closing in, this is bombshell news and this is not going to end well for the Bidens.

2 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

. why is it the vast majority of folks on this board stay on you to include mods?

The mods pull their britches on one leg at a time just like the rest of us.

4 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

dude trump is in court over daniels

A kangaroo court that even Democrats admit is a sham. Braggs may get a jury of New Yorkers to convict but it will never stand on appeal and anybody with a lick of sense knows that.

I suggest that you give it a rest. You are sounding more and more like a whiny 2nd grader.

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

The mods pull their britches on one leg at a time just like the rest of us.

A kangaroo court that even Democrats admit is a sham. Braggs may get a jury of New Yorkers to convict but it will never stand on appeal and anybody with a lick of sense knows that.

I suggest that you give it a rest. You are sounding more and more like a whiny 2nd grader.

you have turned into a joke on here. you would not know the truth if it punched you in the mouth. the mods have called you out repeatedly on your lies and twisting stuff around and backtracking.............that was the nice version. i am now convinced you are a liar with no shame and i stand by what i said. none. i suggest you hold your breath until i do.if one has to lie to take up for their position they have no position other than lying. you proved it two days running now.. want me to make a mikey lie counter? you do not even have the usual rightie suspects defend you and that is very telling.

• Haha 1