Finley compare himself to Jesus

aubiefifty

Did Auburn’s T.J. Finley compare himself to Jesus in Instagram post?

Updated: Apr. 21, 2023, 11:51 a.m.|Published: Apr. 21, 2023, 11:49 a.m.
2–3 minutes

T.J. Finley

Auburn quarterback T.J. Finley throws a pass against Penn State during the first half of an NCAA college football game Saturday, Sept. 17, 2022, in Auburn, Ala. (AP Photo/Butch Dill)AP

Days after T.J. Finley called competition brought in at Auburn last season a “slap in the face,” the quarterback appears to be comparing any negative reaction he has gotten to Jesus himself.

On Thursday, the former LSU quarterback posted and image of Jesus on his Instagram story with the caption, “They hated JESUS, too.”

Finley has been in the news this week after appearing on the “Locked on SEC Podcast” discussing his options of either staying at Auburn or entering the transfer portal.

After Auburn’s A-Day Game, Finley said he intended to be the Tigers’ starting quarterback this season. However, on the podcast, he made it clear that nothing was set.

“If I were to leave, it would not be because of the portal or competition, it would be simply because another school has a better situation for me and my family,” Finley said on the podcast. “I graduate in June, if I wanted to, I could transfer as a grad transfer.

“Right now, my heart is in Auburn, but everything really is up in the air right now. I am here right now. We will see what happens with conversations with the coaches over the next couple of weeks.”

Finley finished 1 of 4 in the pocket for 4 yards during a spring game which saw heavy rain and Auburn attempt just 12 passes.

Finley has battled Robby Ashford and Holden Geriner for the job this spring that will certainly carry into fall camp and could include a fourth options, should Auburn head coach Hugh Freeze land an quarterback in the transfer portal.

Mark Heim is a sports reporter for The Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Mark_Heim.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation.

i posted this in a separate thread from daily articles because i thought some of you might want to discuss this and discussions seldom happen on the daily football thread.

Meh. Looks like something probably taken way out of context. The sports media is just like the regular media. They like to sensationalize everything.

Also, Mark Heim is a turd waffle.

Edited by ScotsAU
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, ScotsAU said:

Meh. Looks like something probably taken way out of context. The sports media is just like the regular media. They like to sensationalize everything.

Also, Mark Heim is a turd waffle.

A what??? I don’t think I have ever heard of them before!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

well he said folks hated jesus too. shrugs   and i have not heard turd waffle in a long time.

• WarTiger changed the title to Finley compare himself to Jesus
On 4/22/2023 at 12:33 PM, aubiefifty said:

Did Auburn’s T.J. Finley compare himself to Jesus in Instagram post?

Updated: Apr. 21, 2023, 11:51 a.m.|Published: Apr. 21, 2023, 11:49 a.m.
2–3 minutes

T.J. Finley

Auburn quarterback T.J. Finley throws a pass against Penn State during the first half of an NCAA college football game Saturday, Sept. 17, 2022, in Auburn, Ala. (AP Photo/Butch Dill)AP

Days after T.J. Finley called competition brought in at Auburn last season a “slap in the face,” the quarterback appears to be comparing any negative reaction he has gotten to Jesus himself.

On Thursday, the former LSU quarterback posted and image of Jesus on his Instagram story with the caption, “They hated JESUS, too.”

Finley has been in the news this week after appearing on the “Locked on SEC Podcast” discussing his options of either staying at Auburn or entering the transfer portal.

After Auburn’s A-Day Game, Finley said he intended to be the Tigers’ starting quarterback this season. However, on the podcast, he made it clear that nothing was set.

“If I were to leave, it would not be because of the portal or competition, it would be simply because another school has a better situation for me and my family,” Finley said on the podcast. “I graduate in June, if I wanted to, I could transfer as a grad transfer.

“Right now, my heart is in Auburn, but everything really is up in the air right now. I am here right now. We will see what happens with conversations with the coaches over the next couple of weeks.”

Finley finished 1 of 4 in the pocket for 4 yards during a spring game which saw heavy rain and Auburn attempt just 12 passes.

Finley has battled Robby Ashford and Holden Geriner for the job this spring that will certainly carry into fall camp and could include a fourth options, should Auburn head coach Hugh Freeze land an quarterback in the transfer portal.

Mark Heim is a sports reporter for The Alabama Media Group. Follow him on Twitter @Mark_Heim.

If you purchase a product or register for an account through one of the links on our site, we may receive compensation.

What a weirdly worded title.

I've seen that posted by tons of people.

Usually either by someone who is down because all their efforts seem for naught or unappreciated.

Or by someone who has legit narcissistic traits.

6 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

What a weirdly worded title.

I've seen that posted by tons of people.

Usually either by someone who is down because all their efforts seem for naught or unappreciated.

Or by someone who has legit narcissistic traits.

yes it is

Sure, they hated Jesus.  But if Nazareth High wouldn't have been shut out by their arch-rival Bethlehem with Jesus playing QB his senior year, maybe things would have been different.

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

Sure, they hated Jesus.  But if Nazareth High wouldn't have been shut out by their arch-rival Bethlehem with Jesus playing QB his senior year, maybe things would have been different.

that was great but i hope the haters do not come after you..............