titan we we consider a rules addition or change?

aubiefifty

we discuss or argue here  on stuff people and sometimes it gets heated and i want to commend everyone for not threatening to harm someone on here.  but! this is what bothers me. if you engage with some people and they make a false statement and you prove they have misrepresented the truth and they just ignore it.  has it done any good? to me is is just basically calling someone a liar. in my eyes this makes them a liar. do you see my point? what have we accomplished with this? i guess there is no way to make people see the truth and except it so other than venting what have we. in todays world if you post links or articles proving what you said is true and they keep denying it they either consider you misinformed or just flat lying. we demand links to back up what is said. we are not supposed to do the what aboutisms so is it ok and fair when folks purposefully lie and ignore the truth which tends to kill the purpose of discussion. am i off base here? it is so frustrating.

Unless someone's lie is going to cause actual harm to someone else, I don't think we should set up any additional rules calling it out. The mods already police that fairly well - Covid misinformation as an example.

Quite frankly, it's often important for people to feel free to lie so they expose themselves to others. Much easier to figure out who to ignore.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Unless someone's lie is going to cause actual harm to someone else, I don't think we should set up any additional rules calling it out. The mods already police that fairly well - Covid misinformation as an example.

Quite frankly, it's often important for people to feel free to lie so they expose themselves to others. Much easier to figure out who to ignore.

it is just frustrating as hell.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

we discuss or argue here  on stuff people and sometimes it gets heated and i want to commend everyone for not threatening to harm someone on here.  but! this is what bothers me. if you engage with some people and they make a false statement and you prove they have misrepresented the truth and they just ignore it.  has it done any good? to me is is just basically calling someone a liar. in my eyes this makes them a liar. do you see my point? what have we accomplished with this? i guess there is no way to make people see the truth and except it so other than venting what have we. in todays world if you post links or articles proving what you said is true and they keep denying it they either consider you misinformed or just flat lying. we demand links to back up what is said. we are not supposed to do the what aboutisms so is it ok and fair when folks purposefully lie and ignore the truth which tends to kill the purpose of discussion. am i off base here? it is so frustrating.

On the political threads of a AU football/other sports site. Doesn't bother me much, or at all. It can be silly after awhile, but in the many moons I've been around this place I've only ever put one person on ignore. 

I really wish it would stop in actual politics though, as that's where it matters and where it does bother me. 😕 

• Love 1