Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Hot Take On Fox News Settlement Goes Awry ATTENTION MIKEY!!!!!!

aubiefifty

yahoo.com

Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Hot Take On Fox News Settlement Goes Awry

Lee Moran
4–5 minutes

Far-right Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) inspired disbelief Tuesday with her response to Dominion Voting Systems’ $787 million settlement with Fox News in its defamation suit against the conservative network.

Fox admitted to broadcasting falsehoods in a statement released after settling the case as it headed to trial. It centered on baseless claims made on air by some Fox personalities that Dominion’s voting machines somehow flipped the 2020 election against former President Donald Trump.

Greene, a strident Trump supporter and conspiracy theorist, tweeted this questionable take on the outcome:

“We have food critics that criticize restaurants, consumer reports that criticizes products, auto critics that criticize automobiles, and conservative Americans have just wrapped up a week of nuking a beer company, but you can’t criticize a voting machine company or you’ll get sued for millions and millions of dollars.”

Read the tweet here:

We have food critics that criticize restaurants, consumer reports that criticizes products, auto critics that criticize automobiles, and conservative Americans have just wrapped up a week of nuking a beer company, but you can’t criticize a voting machine company or you’ll get…

— Marjorie Taylor Greene 🇺🇸 (@mtgreenee) April 18, 2023

Critics accused the extremist lawmaker of gaslighting, and pointed out the difference between criticism and lies:

There is nothing you can say or do to confront MAGA gaslighting that won’t be met with more MAGA gaslighting

Nothing. That’s the loop we’re in.

They will do and say anything. And there is nothing you can do or say to do anything about it.

That is the MAGA gaslighting paradox

— Luke Zaleski (@ZaleskiLuke) April 18, 2023

Criticism and fabrication of lies are not the same. Criticism costs nothing. Lies cost $787,500,000.

If you don't know the difference, keep lying, and you will find out.

— 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐝𝐢 (@ChidiNwatu) April 18, 2023

Marjorie Taylor-Greene takes stupidity to a new level.

— Ron Waxman 🏳️🌈🇺🇦 (@RonWaxman) April 19, 2023

Hey, ding dong, food critics aren't allowed to falsely claim the kitchen was filled with rats, auto critics can't falsely say a car exploded, conservatives can't falsely claim they found severed penises in their Bud Light cans. But whatever, keep embarrassing yourself, ding dong. https://t.co/OHQ18QtniM

— Bob Cesca (@bobcesca_go) April 18, 2023

Well they are both free speech, but free speech doesn't always come without consequences.

Criticizing and lying are two very different things. You can criticize a company all day long, but you can't accuse said company of wrong doing and air it withoutb actual proof. That's…

🐾 A to the Z 🐾 (@amber_zellmer) April 18, 2023

Can’t believe we have to explain this to you. Here is the definition of “criticize”, So now tell us what was the problem with the voting machines? Not a theory! Not a conspiracy! Factual Data… pic.twitter.com/qBInWAwom6

— Just Vent (@JustVent6) April 18, 2023

Libel is against the law. Insurrection too.

— David Heath (@davidhth) April 18, 2023

Yeah, that’s exactly what happened good summary. 😂😂😂

— Tommy Igoe (@TommyIgoe) April 19, 2023

CRITICISM: Marjorie Taylor Greene is a bad member of Congress because she isn't focused on solutions for constituents, just performative outrage.

LIE: Marjorie Taylor Greene is very intelligent.

See? There's a difference.

— BrooklynDad_Defiant!☮️ (@mmpadellan) April 19, 2023

hey mikey here is proof foc admitted they lied which you denied. if you are gonna try and make me look like a liar get your facts straight first. this cannot be any plainer.

29 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

hey mikey here is proof foc admitted they lied which you denied. if you are gonna try and make me look like a liar get your facts straight first. this cannot be any plainer.

Nobody's making you look like a liar. You did mis-state that Fox News was guilty of something. They weren't convicted, they settled out of court. The two things are very different.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

3 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Nobody's making you look like a liar. You did mis-state that Fox News was guilty of something. They weren't convicted, they settled out of court. The two things are very different.

they settled to save money mikey. are you serious? they admitted they were guilty period. it was part of the settlement. but if i point out a fact that is proven and you say it is not true what the hell do you call it? maybe you were not mean. maybe i put too much faith in what fox news puts out because they sure can lie right? i bet you do not believe about him stealing money from kids and wounded vets charities. it is fact and i have posted it here before because people said it was not true. hell he was found guilty of fraud over trump uni. look mikey he is a piece of crap and he has stirred up the racists to the point you cannot knock on someones door without getting shot in the head. and when you call these evil people fine folks you embolden them. look i do not want to be your enemy but i am for the truth even if it hurts. i have said many times if biden and son are guilty get em. but do not make it up. and remember they have been investigating hunter for years and their statement was it is a bad look but no laws broken. were the fbi or cops covering for them? it is possible but i have to see it to believe it.

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

i just showed you where fox admitted their guilt and pled to save money but you do not want to know the truth. quit wasting my time. i am beginning to understand why so many stay on you on here to even include the mods. hell you will not listen to reason and denie the truth. oh pillow boy got it as well which i love. trump will go down in history as one of the worst and most crooked presidents in american history. if you cannot admit the truth lets move on.

24 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

were the fbi or cops covering for them? it is possible but i have to see it to believe it.

There's an upper level whistle blower who is prepared to state and provide documentation that Biden appointees in the government have been stonewalling the investigation into the Biden family's crooked deals. This shouldn't take long now that Pelosi doesn't control the House.

• Haha 1

On 4/21/2023 at 12:20 AM, Mikey said:

There's an upper level whistle blower who is prepared to state and provide documentation that Biden appointees in the government have been stonewalling the investigation into the Biden family's crooked deals. This shouldn't take long now that Pelosi doesn't control the House.

This reminds me of Hillary/Benghazi, the Clinton Foundation, and a special prosecutor named John Durham, who was as useless at finding crimes as my left tit is for nursing a child.  So much promised, yet nothing materialized.  Why?  Because when you investigate unsubstantiated rumor and political smoke screens, you seldom find something real.

Do you think that Bill Barr handled the Mueller investigation objectively?  He clearly didn't.  He refused to release parts of the report and re-wrote a summary to be more favorable to the then President, which is stonewalling at its finest.  I'm not claiming that he was breaking any laws when he did that.  It was his decision to make, however, he was a Trump appointee going to bat for Trump.  That isn't some far step from the norm.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

we have a couple of marjories on this board just saying. if the shoe fits..........

On 4/20/2023 at 11:41 PM, Mikey said:

That's a response that could have come from come from Nola.   ;D

Edited by homersapien

10 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

@NolaAuTiger  is settling of court for less than the reported amount an admission of guilt?

No, but this is....

In addition to the huge financial price, Dominion exacted a difficult admission from Fox News, which acknowledged in a statement that “certain claims” it made about Dominion were false.

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2023 at 10:41 PM, Mikey said:

That's it, Mikey.  Gotta keep the faith!

• Thanks 1