ESPN : Auburn’s Bowl Chances

toddc

58 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jesus. They only have us favored in 2 SEC game and that's not even a strong favorite. I think people are just buying into the Harsin era Auburn too much. I think we win 8 or 9 this year pretty comfortably. 

What QB is going to lead us to these 8-9 wins?

Vandy is our only pure easy.

Bama & UGA are auto losses
@LSU isn't too far behind the two above

State is a huge toss up b/c we don't know how they'll look with a new QB

Ark/A&M/Ole Miss are all toss-ups.  2-6 is probably conservative-ish.  3-5 (7-5) I think is 50/50.  Anything above that is pure sunshine.

If we get a capable QB (or RA learns to throw the ball), I think 8/9 wins becomes more realistic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Jesus. They only have us favored in 2 SEC game and that's not even a strong favorite. I think people are just buying into the Harsin era Auburn too much. I think we win 8 or 9 this year pretty comfortably. 

This is my thought. We have holes but we have way less holes than we did under Harsin. Better Coordinators, better position coaches, better head coach. I feel like it’ll be similar to 2021 Tennesse. 7-6, 8-5 with tons of hope for next season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

What QB is going to lead us to these 8-9 wins?

Vandy is our only pure easy.

Bama & UGA are auto losses
@LSU isn't too far behind the two above

State is a huge toss up b/c we don't know how they'll look with a new QB

Ark/A&M/Ole Miss are all toss-ups.  2-6 is probably conservative-ish.  3-5 (7-5) I think is 50/50.  Anything above that is pure sunshine.

If we get a capable QB (or RA learns to throw the ball), I think 8/9 wins becomes more realistic.

Rogers is back I thought?

Still, we took them to OT in their place in Caddy’s first game, with them off a bye (and yeah, with Leach).

Edited by AUwent
  • Thanks 1

I think many of you will be surprised by our year,,, pleasantly surprised.

The only issues of concern, IMHO are, can we generate pass rush, can we eliminate turnovers.  Still, we have gone from one of the worst coaches in college football to one of the very best. 

I actually hope Robbie is our starter.  From the start, you almost have to put a spy on Robbie.  That eliminates/obligates one defensive player.  When you consider how the Freeze offense creates overloads, we could have so many explosive running plays that when we do throw the ball, we will have receivers who are wide open.  It is almost impossible to beat a Freeze team that can run the ball (and play defense).

I would not look at the schedule for easy wins.  I look at it as,,, we will no longer be an easy win for anyone.  This is going to be good, really fun to watch.

• Like 1

Here come the silly season articles.  3.5 months of what if articles.  Auburn will probably win one it shouldn’t and lose one it shouldn’t.  Gonna be a rollercoaster season but will be on an upward trajectory wise as a program.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

You're right. 

But 80% of offseason Football media is just guesses and predictions on what the next season will bring anyway. 

So true.  And when the predictions don't pan out the media (like clockwork) then subjects us with more articles of "biggest disappointment teams" or "most surprising teams" to cover up their garbage analyses -- as if teams themselves were at fault for not falling in line with their top 25.  Lather.  Rinse.  Repeat.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AUwent said:

Rogers is back I thought?

Still, we took them to OT in their place in Caddy’s first game, with them off a bye (and yeah, with Leach).

Yeah good QB but who knows what the rest would look like. They could be meh or decent 

• Like 1

5-7 would be a worst case scenario for this team IMHO.  The total range is going to be 5-7 to 10-2.   bama and uga are on a different level.   @LSU is a very likely loss.  (10-2 would be winning every game we should, winning every “toss up” and sneaking out a win against one of those 3), which is unlikely.  

The most likely scenario would be for us to finish 7-5 or maybe 8-4.   This is assuming we have a serviceable QB, whether that is a combination of Robby and Holden, or we get a halfway decent QB in the portal.    If we get a good QB out of the portal, then I’m looking at 8-4, maybe 9-3.   If our QB play is just not good at all, we’re looking at 6-6.   

We’ll see how the portal goes and what happens over the summer and fall camp, but I really don’t see a huge variation from that range.