AU Sources Talk

NWALA Tiger

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

And I stopped listening a long time ago when his info didn't pan out.

That's a pretty unattainable bar to pass.  If we held all "insiders" and "beat writers" to this standard, we shouldn't listen to any of them.

18 minutes ago, ellitor said:

My general philosophy on who I follow it's reporters from the AU pay sites because as being a paid for service direct by consumers, they have a tangible accountability on being right more on their info than the other guys who just have podcasts or radio shows that earn revenue for them regardless of how good their info is.

I mean, both of their revenue streams are directly tied to the information they provide.  TWR has a paid subscribers only section as well.

Not like these guys are Alex Jones spouting lunacy.  

Edited by W.E.D

15 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Folks on pay sites get it wrong as much as they get it right. Lane Kiffin is proof of that. To each his own as to who they listen too. But, I wouldn’t poo poo guys too much right now as many folks who got it wrong on the HC and AD hire

Right.  Remember when Dukes the Scoops told everyone we were about to get a 5* OT flip then it never happened?  Doesn't mean he's going to be wrong for the rest of time.

Hoke told everyone Tank was in the portal & gone...but he sure played for Auburn last season.

About every beat writer praise the hell out of the Harsin hire....lotta egg on their collective faces

12 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Yep! Also, not one person called Bryan Haskins! Not one! Not even a sniff. 

They all caught hats from him and became immediate fanboys 

Just now, W.E.D said:

They all caught hats from him and became immediate fanboys 

I felt like the opposite happened. Lol. He threw them hats, and they all acted like he was throwing rotting beaver carcasses at them.

2 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

About every beat writer praise the hell out of the Harsin hire....lotta egg on their collective faces

I take pride in the fact that you and I sniffed out the Harsin stink very early on and held our ground through the onslaught of "he's alpha male with a method to his madness" nonsense. They should give us our own little badge on here for that. 

Homie GIFs | Tenor

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I felt like the opposite happened. Lol. He threw them hats, and they all acted like he was throwing rotting beaver carcasses at them.

There's some video of it.  Hoke caught it and fell in love.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

There's some video of it.  Hoke caught it and fell in love.

I'd be so mad if someone threw that traffic cone colored bullsh*t at me. God I hate underarmour. 

Edited by AuCivilEng1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

I take pride in the fact that you and I sniffed out the Harsin stink very early on and held our ground through the onslaught of "he's alpha male with a method to his madness" nonsense. They should give us our own little badge on here for that. 

Homie GIFs | Tenor

I thought he would be good hire and could eventually recruit well, but then his staff IMO was mostly a disaster.  It just went down hill from there.  Every leak regarding his awful recruiting & then in-game decision making.  I never could have imagined it would be as bad as it got.  The fact that after 1 year he couldn't hire any new coaches showed how rotten he was.

I agree, I can't stand the cheese dick false bravado.  Banning guys from taking elevators & forcing them to walk stairs....yeah that builds a championship program and toughness.

Just now, AuCivilEng1 said:

I'd be so mad if someone through that traffic cone colored bullsh*t at me. God I hate underarmour. 

It's basically Tubs' fault.  He seemed to force the orange as our primary color down our throats.  I prefer blue/white with Orange accents 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I agree, I can't stand the cheese dick false bravado.  Banning guys from taking elevators & forcing them to walk stairs....yeah that builds a championship program and toughness.

The whole thing just seemed like a bad reality show. I wonder if we can force Ellitor to have to create a  "Whine about Bryan Harsin" spinoff from this thread less than an hour after he had to create this thread as a spinoff. We could just keep forcing a change of topic😂😂

I don’t listen to Auburn media anymore (outside of Auburn Outsider), but it was very very tough to listen to either TWR or Zac under the Harsin era. 

There’s nothing more grating than someone attempting to ride what they perceive as the middle ground in an era of high highs or low lows even when that flies in the face of events that are occurring. I know they have to not be doom and gloom to keep people coming back in, but I just didn’t love that 

Also Zac has like zero journalistic integrity lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Right.  Remember when Dukes the Scoops told everyone we were about to get a 5* OT flip then it never happened?  Doesn't mean he's going to be wrong for the rest of time.

Hoke told everyone Tank was in the portal & gone...but he sure played for Auburn last season.

This is also why I don’t put anything behind virtually any of our insiders lol. I don’t see how you (general you) could’ve followed those guys vehemently in football and basketball over the last 3 years and not see a pretty general lack of accuracy. 

That being said, the paywall guys might be hitting all of the smaller targets, and since I only care to hear from them on the big dogs, I only have my perception shaped by those misses. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

This is also why I don’t put anything behind virtually any of our insiders lol. I don’t see how you (general you) could’ve followed those guys vehemently in football and basketball over the last 3 years and not see a pretty general lack of accuracy. 

That being said, the paywall guys might be hitting all of the smaller targets, and since I only care to hear from them on the big dogs, I only have my perception shaped by those misses. 

My view is they all have information, but it's okay to question some of them and we should never treat them as infallible.

They have agendas, they do what the staff wants for access. It's understandable. And they do miss. 

Some come off as Corky and arrogant (Hoke/Tate), delete tweets when they are wrong (jboy). I dislike those. I think some like JLee and TWR are more laid back and fun.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

My view is they all have information, but it's okay to question some of them and we should never treat them as infallible.

They have agendas, they do what the staff wants for access. It's understandable. And they do miss. 

Some come off as Corky and arrogant (Hoke/Tate), delete tweets when they are wrong (jboy). I dislike those. I think some like JLee and TWR are more laid back and fun.

TWR are definitely the most likeable as human beings, if you just took sports out and asked yourself who you’d legitimately like to talk to. If they never said a thing about Harsin one way or the other, I’d probably still be listening to them to this day 

and yeah that’s the most reasonable way to view sources. None are going to be perfect, and I think it’s fair to question if ours are as plugged as they might’ve been even 5 years ago. Some people don’t seem to want to ask that question 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As someone who doesn’t follow football much (relatively) at this point, what’s the last insane “can’t believe it” story you heard and which reporter had it?

the last one, whether it was real or not, I can even remember was the Caleb story, but that was just twitter-based brass from what I recall 

• Like 1

I refused to join any of the pay sites until on3 did $1 for a year or maybe a month.  Either way it was too low to not try it out.  What I learned is that you may hear something 45 minutes earlier than another site.  With Twitter, podcasts, and the YouTube content that these sites put out for free on a daily basis there really is no reason to join any of them.  Maybe it’s because I’m north of 40 now but I don’t need real time info about a kid committing.  The boards are complete garbage dumps and will make you appreciate this place.

• Like 5

I love TWR! Especially their post game reports. Usually spot on. And honestly, I've never heard them make predictions on players or coaches for that matter. They just talk about AU without the spin or ridiculousness some bring to the table. Would definitely like to hang with those guys. Not so much with others. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

I love listening to all of those podcasts- locked on, express, auburn daily, etc. It helps me pass the time at work. They may not always be correct, but they have a lot of good guests and I love to listen to just about anything when it comes to Auburn. 

Ha ha. I listen to some of those, too. What's the one with the guy that calls everyone "big dog"?

23 minutes ago, passthebiscuits said:

ZB is a friend and a good dude. He gets paid to fluff the sunshine. He does not have insider information tho. Who really does these days anyway?

Yeah, he seems okay. Does he get paid to pump Built bars, too? 

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, GreenTiger said:

Reminder….Sports is for fun. It’s a made up game created for leisure and entertainment.

Don't tell us! If that were true, college football would still be accessible, the NFL wouldn't be politically charged and ESPN wouldn't be going broke. Like most things, it's about how much money it can squeeze before it all keels over.