AU Sources Talk

NWALA Tiger

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

Blackerby is not a reputable source. He’s a former Auburn student and a huge fan who has a show basically because of his history in radio.

So how does that make him any different from any other source? Do u feel the same about Mike G?

Edited by NWALA Tiger

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

So how does that make him any different from any other source? Do u feel the same about Mike G?

I don't consider ZB a part of the AU beat. They aren't always right but the reporters at AU  On3, AU 247, and AU Rivals, are faar more reputable and been right a lot more than ZB. I have never heard of Mike G.

11 minutes ago, ellitor said:

I don't consider ZB a part of the AU beat. They aren't always right but the reporters at AU  On3, AU 247, and AU Rivals, are faar more reputable and been right a lot more than ZB. I have never heard of Mike G.

U never heard of Mike Giddens?

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

ha

3 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope.

He has press credentials so he's essentially a beat writer in every sense those other guys are.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Ellitor gotta be an old school dude. Mike G does regular appearances with some of the higher profile podcast/youtube folks. Hell JGT and Mike G do shows together.  I'm not sure how anyone could miss him, if they follow Auburn.

Reading Newspaper GIFs | Tenor

Ellitor ^^

1 minute ago, AuCivilEng1 said:

Ellitor gotta be an old school dude. Mike G does regular appearances with some of the higher profile podcast/youtube folks. Hell JGT and Mike G do shows together.  I'm not sure how anyone could miss him, if they follow Auburn.

Reading Newspaper GIFs | Tenor

Ellitor ^^

Yeah, I believe he knows who Mike G is. Mike G agreed w ZB so that would not jive with E's statement bout Mccall

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Yeah, I believe he knows who Mike G is. Mike G agreed w ZB so that would not jive with E's statement bout Mccall

Appears to be people with different info/beliefs on the likelihood of McCall.  I'd like to believe Mike G is right.  He has plenty of deep sources inside Auburn.

@ellitorfwiw he was the teams film guy back under maybe Tubs

1 minute ago, W.E.D said:

He was. He has also done interviews with Hardin and Freeze. I don’t think Mike G would spit info unless he had a reason to believe he was accurate. He also said that he’s also not 100% sure McCall would start, though. So he either knows something big that we don’t or he’s lost his mind. 

He also said that he’s also not 100% sure McCall would start, though.

he’s lost his mind. 

This. Yes.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Appears to be people with different info/beliefs on the likelihood of McCall.  I'd like to believe Mike G is right.  He has plenty of deep sources inside Auburn.

Mike G was on the podcast with ZB. He agreed with ZB that COULD be some some to McCall entering portal. But Ellitor poo poo'd it as ZB is a wannabe. That why I asked him if he heard of Mike G.

This all begs the question. As Auburn fanatics, we tend to know the people in the media who are more or less in the know. JGT, JHead, BMatt, Mike G, etc etc. Who are our mods and what are there credentials. Show yourselves you Scooby Doo villains! The mob has formed!

Rabble Mob GIF - Rabble Mob South Park - Discover & Share GIFs

13 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I love listening to all of those podcasts- locked on, express, auburn daily, etc. It helps me pass the time at work. They may not always be correct, but they have a lot of good guests and I love to listen to just about anything when it comes to Auburn. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

I love listening to all of those podcasts- locked on, express, auburn daily, etc. It helps me pass the time at work. They may not always be correct, but they have a lot of good guests and I love to listen to just about anything when it comes to Auburn. 

I watch clips here and there.  I can't consume podcasts b/c I don't want to focus and listen & work at the same time.  I don't drive/commute so don't really have time to dedicate and listen.

Do enjoy some of the post game wrap ups on Sundays

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Nope.

Mike G is the one that asks all the best questions at every Hugh Freeze presser.  He’s on the War Rapport and a regular guest on Locked on Auburn.  He’s well connected and interviews Auburn coaches, support personnel and players regularly on his podcasts.

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

I think ZB is a part of the AU beat, but not an insider.  He’s not calling recruits every day and breaking info.  He’s basically just writing and talking about news that’s out in the public already.  He’s an entertaining host but I don’t always agree with his takes (more often I do not).  I do enjoy his podcasts though.  He makes interesting content.  But I agree he’s not a reputable source of information.

Edited by dilligas

34 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Actually Mike Gittens. Not sure how u know who ZB is but not Mike G LOL

ZB hasbeen doing sports radio in Auburn since he was a student is how I know of him. And I stopped listening a long time ago when his info didn't pan out.

9 minutes ago, dilligas said:

Mike G is the one that asks all the best questions at every Hugh Freeze presser.  He’s on the War Rapport and a regular guest on Locked on Auburn.  He’s well connected and interviews Auburn coaches, support personnel and players regularly on his podcasts.

Thanks. Seen a lot of misses from the The War Rapport early on so I don't pay attention to them either. Hence why I didn't know Mike G by name.

My general philosophy on who I follow it's reporters from the AU pay sites because as being a paid for service direct by consumers, they have a tangible accountability on being right more on their info than the other guys who just have podcasts or radio shows that earn revenue for them regardless of how good their info is. Obvious there are a couple on pay sites I don't follow much because their track record ain't good. As for sources outside the pay site sphere if their info proves to be accurate a good bit more than not I am open to paying attention to them. I haven't really found someone in that pool who fit that description though.

5 minutes ago, ellitor said:

ZB hasbeen doing sports radio in Auburn since he was a student is how I know of him. And I stopped listening a long time ago when his info didn't pan out.

Thanks. Seen a lot of misses from the The War Rapport early on so I don't pay attention to them either. Hence why I didn't know Mike G by name.

My general philosophy on who I follow it's reporters from the AU pay sites because as being a paid for service direct by consumers, they have a tangible accountability on being right more on their info than the other guys who just have podcasts or radio shows that earn revenue for them regardless of how good their info is. Obvious there are a couple on pay sites I don't follow much because their track record ain't good. As for sources outside the pay site sphere if their info proves to be accurate a good bit more than not I am open to paying attention to them. I haven't really found someone in that pool who fit that description though.

Folks on pay sites get it wrong as much as they get it right. Lane Kiffin is proof of that. To each his own as to who they listen too. But, I wouldn’t poo poo guys too much right now as many folks who got it wrong on the HC and AD hire

Edited by NWALA Tiger
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Folks on pay sites get it wrong as much as they get it right. Lane Kiffin is proof of that

Yep! Also, not one person called Bryan Haskins! Not one! Not even a sniff. 

10 minutes ago, NWALA Tiger said:

Folks on pay sites get it wrong as much as they get it right. Lane Kiffin is proof of that. To each his own as to who they listen too. But, I wouldn’t poo poo guys too much right now as many folks who got it wrong on the HC and AD hire

Bad example. Info on coaches searches rarely pan out no matter the school, site or source.

• Haha 1