IG Report on Afghanistan Withdrawal

2 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

IG report says Biden administration was dysfuntional in the days after the Afghanistan withdrawal and blaming Trump.

Afghanistan IG report hammers Biden administration for 'dysfunction' days after White House blames Trump | Fox News

I remain thankful that not one more American life is at risk propping up a fake government in that hell hole.

• Facepalm 2

2 hours ago, AU9377 said:

I remain thankful that not one more American life is at risk propping up a fake government in that hell hole.

On to Ukraine.

5 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Seriously? Read and learn.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/mar/23/175-americans-are-still-afghanistan-some-held-tali/

https://www.lawfareblog.com/how-save-thousands-afghan-allies

This was a bungled mess. We owe these people refuge. Bury your head in the sand if you wish. Pathetic.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

Seriously? Read and learn.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2023/mar/23/175-americans-are-still-afghanistan-some-held-tali/

https://www.lawfareblog.com/how-save-thousands-afghan-allies

This was a bungled mess. We owe these people refuge. Bury your head in the sand if you wish. Pathetic.

Owe them refuge?  We gave 20 years worth of American lives and taxpayer money.  That is more than enough refuge paid.  I don't enjoy seeing them suffer, but at some point the blame is to be placed on the people that won't better their own station by rejecting the overwhelming Islamic extremism that permeates their culture.

I find it interesting how outraged the right is over the Southern border while also being outraged that we didn't bring more Afghans home.   I don't call a 20 year commitment and being left with a standing Army being abandoned.

Edited by AU9377

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

On to Ukraine.

You cannot actually be comparing a country that is fighting for their right to self govern to one that couldn't last a few days after 20 years of training.  I will make it simple.  One is like us and the other never will be.

30 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Owe them refuge?  We gave 20 years worth of American lives and taxpayer money.  That is more than enough refuge paid.  I don't enjoy seeing them suffer, but at some point the blame is to be placed on the people that won't better their own station by rejecting the overwhelming Islamic extremism that permeates their culture.

I find it interesting how outraged the right is over the Southern border while also being outraged that we didn't bring more Afghans home.   I don't call a 20 year commitment and being left with a standing Army being abandoned.

We are not at band camp anymore little buddy. Good grief how pathetic. I'm embarrassed for you.

The two aren't remotely the same. Their are many patriots in this country, regardless of politics, embarrassed over this fiasco. You should be too, but prefer to blow a flute. Damn.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

On to Ukraine.

Phht. All we're giving them is material aid and they're making one of our biggest geopolitical rivals look like fools. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

We are not at band camp anymore little buddy. Good grief how pathetic. I'm embarrassed for you.

The two aren't remotely the same. Their are many patriots in this country, regardless of politics, embarrassed over this fiasco. You should be too, but prefer to blow a flute. Damn.

Pathetic is pretending that we owe anyone in Afghanistan a damn thing after 20 GD years. I personally know a mother and father who lost a son in that hell hole of dust and heroin in 2017.  So you can politely take your flute and blow it up your own. 

• Facepalm 1

Just now, AU9377 said:

Pathetic is pretending that we owe anyone in Afghanistan a damn thing after 20 GD years.

Pathetic is abandoning the interpreters and other locals who helped us. Biden's bungled withdrawal did just that, plus got 13 U.S. servicemen killed to boot.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You cannot actually be comparing a country that is fighting for their right to self govern to one that couldn't last a few days after 20 years of training.  I will make it simple.  One is like us and the other never will be.

No, I am saying it’s the next war that has no exit strategy and we could be there for awhile.

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

Phht. All we're giving them is material aid and they're making one of our biggest geopolitical rivals look like fools. 

We shall see.  The leaked documents says we have *advisors* on the ground in Ukraine.  Didn’t Vietnam start that way?

10 hours ago, AU9377 said:

9 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Pathetic is pretending that we owe anyone in Afghanistan a damn thing after 20 GD years. I personally know a mother and father who lost a son in that hell hole of dust and heroin in 2017.  So you can politely take your flute and blow it up your own. 

Think you are missing the point...

9 hours ago, Mikey said:

Pathetic is abandoning the interpreters and other locals who helped us. Biden's bungled withdrawal did just that, plus got 13 U.S. servicemen killed to boot.

^ This 100%

A lot of those people have been risking their lives for years in OUR service. They are now being hunted down.

A lot of those people also were promised safety and transport in return for service. Promised under Bush and Obama... prolly a few under Trump as well. And not only is it a crappy thing to do, but it's not a good look to show future potential LNs that our word doesn't mean sh*t cause we have regime changes every 4 to 8 years.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

^ This 100%

A lot of those people have been risking their lives for years in OUR service. They are now being hunted down.

A lot of those people also were promised safety and transport in return for service. Promised under Bush and Obama... prolly a few under Trump as well. And not only is it a crappy thing to do, but it's not a good look to show future potential LNs that our word doesn't mean sh*t cause we have regime changes every 4 to 8 years.

we screwed the kurds more than anyone and they have been allies with america since WW2. we pretty much just abandoned them and more than once. it always made me sick.

11 hours ago, Mikey said:

We relocated over 124,000 Afghans to the United States.   I find it interesting that everyone becomes a friend of America when we stop paying the bills.

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Mims44 said:

^ This 100%

What about the 124,000 that were relocated.  We never promised to relocated EVERYONE that was ever polite to the U.S..

• Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

What about the 124,000 that were relocated.  We never promised to relocated EVERYONE that was ever polite to the U.S..

Oh, I thought you were missing the point.

I see now you are just being a jackass.

Carry on.

• Haha 2

Just now, Mims44 said:

Oh, I thought you were missing the point.

I see now you are just being a jackass.

Carry on.

I suppose 124,000 is a small number to you?  Imagine if that number of people were actually willing to fight for the freedoms they deserve.

• Facepalm 1

39 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I suppose 124,000 is a small number to you?  Imagine if that number of people were actually willing to fight for the freedoms they deserve.

Are you intentionally missing the point I made?

Is this like your schtick on this forum or something?

• Like 3
  • Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, Mims44 said:

Are you intentionally missing the point I made?

Is this like your schtick on this forum or something?

The point is that there will always be some non American left behind that the non U.S. established government will judge as having been friendly to the U.S. and therefore subjected to unjust treatment.  Anyone that ever received a check from the occupied government can be viewed as supporting that government.  You cannot be suggesting that they all be granted asylum in the U.S.  The fact is that the government we spent 20 years and trillions of U.S. dollars propping up should have been equipped to sustain itself to some degree.

I would have felt the same had this been done under Trump.  I supported his decision to leave and believe that it was one of the better decisions he made in his term.  Of course, had this happened during his term in office as scheduled, most of you would be excusing every action made.  Instead, it is convenient political fodder.

• Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

4 hours ago, Mims44 said:

This is what I said... I bolded, underlined, and made it larger. So hopefully you'll see it this time.

29 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The point is that there will always be some non American left behind that the non U.S. established government will judge as having been friendly to the U.S. and therefore subjected to unjust treatment.  Anyone that ever received a check from the occupied government can be viewed as supporting that government.  You cannot be suggesting that they all be granted asylum in the U.S.  The fact is that the government we spent 20 years and trillions of U.S. dollars propping up should have been equipped to sustain itself to some degree.

I would have felt the same had this been done under Trump.  I supported his decision to leave and believe that it was one of the better decisions he made in his term.  Of course, had this happened during his term in office as scheduled, most of you would be excusing every action made.  Instead, it is convenient political fodder.

It doesn't matter if we've taken in 100,000 or 100 million 'others' ... we have people that helped us and in return we gave OUR word we would bring them back with us. And then when we left we flipped and told them to suck it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You have no clue what you're talking about. None. And apparently you can't read nor comprehend. In other words, I am wasting my breath as are others trying to explain it to you.

I don't blow flutes little buddy. But no doubt in my mind your an expert.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

No, I am saying it’s the next war that has no exit strategy and we could be there for awhile.

JMHO, it won't end well. 

• Like 1