Fox News settles lawsuit with Dominion for $787 million

TitanTiger

3 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

It is about Fox.  It's the entire point of the thread.  You're just bringing this up as a whataboutism to...what exactly?  Suggest Fox was treated unfairly?  I mean, if you or someone else feels you've got something actionable to sue a news org on over this, have at it.  Otherwise it's a lot of hand waving to avoid the central issue.

Did you ignore what I stated previously?

Fox was wrong and paid for. Good.

MSM spreads lies daily. Hasn't been held accountable. 

I wish it would all stop.

I wish they all paid for their lies.

I hold out no hope this will happen.

This isn't complicated. I'm old enough to remember real news and I'd love to go back to it. America would be better for it if we did. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Libel/slander cases are notoriously hard to win in court because the plaintiff has to not only prove the defendant lied, but did so knowing they were lying (they weren't merely mistaken) and that it was damaging to the plaintiff in some significant way - materially, reputation, etc.  If/when the "MSM" lies in a way as blatant as this and is dumb enough to admit in reams of emails and texts that they know they're pushing bull****, then they absolutely should be sued into the Stone Age like Fox was. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Other "news" sources have been sued,,, successfully.  I just do not know of any, other than Fox, that were part of an attempt to overturn a presidential election.  I don't know of any other so blatant, so willful, so egregious. 

To claim Fox is being "picked on", to claim other "news" organizations have not settled or, lost cases is simply not true.  I do love the bully/victim mentality though.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

What are you babbling about? What choices? Why does truth annoy you?

Your choice to defend Fox, obviously.

And making ridiculously false comparisons  is defending.)

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Libel/slander cases are notoriously hard to win in court because the plaintiff has to not only prove the defendant lied, but did so knowing they were lying (they weren't merely mistaken) and that it was damaging to the plaintiff in some significant way - materially, reputation, etc.

Obvious to most.

50 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

If/when the "MSM" lies in a way as blatant as this and is dumb enough to admit in reams of emails and texts that they know they're pushing bull****, then they absolutely should be sued into the Stone Age like Fox was. 

My point all along is they do blatantly lie. All of them and I simply wish there didn't have to be this "paper trail" to prove guilt. We all now they do it and watch it happen live. Shouldn't that be enough? I wish it were. 

• Haha 1

Just now, AUFAN78 said:

Obvious to most.

My point all along is they do blatantly lie. All of them and I simply wish there didn't have to be this "paper trail" to prove guilt. We all now they do it and watch it happen live. Shouldn't that be enough? I wish it were. 

It's just the nature of libel and slander law.  It applies that way to individuals too, not just the press or major corporations.

Just now, TitanTiger said:

It's just the nature of libel and slander law.  It applies that way to individuals too, not just the press or major corporations.

Not for DKW. ;)

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Your choice to defend Fox, obviously.

And making ridiculously false comparisons  is defending.)

Liar. I'm stating they all lie. You know it but don't have the guts to admit it.

Homey's law. Laughable per usual.

• Dislike 1

4 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Agree

17 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Funny how Fox viewers cannot understand the concept of "fair and balanced".

Actually, funny how the msm world views it.

19 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Liar. I'm stating they all lie. You know it but don't have the guts to admit it.

Homey's law. Laughable per usual.

That's simply  crazy nihilism.  :ucrazy:

No sensible person would accept that as a rational statement.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

22 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

I wish it would all stop.

I wish they all paid for their lies.

I hold out no hope this will happen.

This isn't complicated. I'm old enough to remember real news and I'd love to go back to it. America would be better for it if we did. 

This is why it's so important to get news and information from a variety of news sources and not just focus on one or two sources for all of your information and news. 

Individual outlets can lie and make mistakes, but it's much rarer for multiple news outfits across a spectrum to all make the same errors and biases. 

And Fox News is Mainstream Media. 

1 minute ago, CoffeeTiger said:

This is why it's so important to get news and information from a variety of news sources and not just focus on one or two sources for all of your information and news. 

Individual outlets can lie and make mistakes, but it's much rarer for multiple news outfits across a spectrum to all make the same errors and biases. 

And Fox News is Mainstream Media. 

I will say that all but one network bought into the story that Hunter’s laptop was Russian disinformation.

Do you think the rest of the MSM will cover this story as it goes forward?

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I will say that all but one network bought into the story that Hunter’s laptop was Russian disinformation.

I don't know about "Network tv" I don't watch tv news and havent watched MSNBC or CNN in years. 

I do know that one traditional MSM outlet I read, The Washington Post, did not report that it was Russian disinfo. As evidenced in articles below  It reported on the leaks, where the laptop information came from. Who said its authentic and who says it's Russian disinformation. the Post stressed in 2020 right as the laptop story was exploding that while there were some markers of possible misinformation it was important not to just assume it's fake or Russian information because there was not any evidence that could prove that.

There may have been some news outlets that did, but again, that's why its important get get news and info from multiple sources. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2023/02/13/hunter-biden-laptop-claims-russian-disinfo/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/10/24/hunter-biden-laptop-disinformation/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2020/10/14/hunter-bidens-alleged-laptop-an-explainer/

11 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you think the rest of the MSM will cover this story as it goes forward?

I do. The sources of news I read are are usually good about reporting factually on stories, even if those stories are damaging to Biden/Democrats or good for Republicans. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

I do. The sources of news I read are are usually good about reporting factually on stories, even if those stories are damaging to Biden/Democrats or good for Republicans. 

Good, because it is going to get interesting.  CBS has put out a story about the *whistle blower* in the IRS concerning Hunter’s investigation.

First, making a mistake is not "lying".  Especially if retractions are issued.

Secondly, a news source reporting what a significant source said - assuming it is attributed - is not the same as saying it yourself.

For example, the following story by "The Hill" is not the same as The Hill claiming Hunter's laptop sounds like Russian disinformation.

https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/521823-50-former-intelligence-officials-warn-ny-post-story-sounds-like-russian/

50 former intelligence officials warn NY Post story sounds like Russian disinformation

Obviously, there are some on this forum who simply dismiss all sources of news because what they are hearing doesn't comport with their bias. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

10 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Good, because it is going to get interesting.  CBS has put out a story about the *whistle blower* in the IRS concerning Hunter’s investigation.

If this is true, if Biden arranged this, I would support impeachment.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

If this is true, if Biden arranged this, I would support impeachment.

It will take a long time to find out if this accusation it true.  

16 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

It will take a long time to find out if this accusation it true.  

Perhaps.  Define "long time".  Please explain the point you are attempting to make.

If you mean Biden may no longer be in office, then I would hope he is tried/convicted of obstruction at the very least.

Edited by icanthearyou
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Perhaps.  Define "long time".  Please explain the point you are attempting to make.

If you mean Biden may no longer be in office, then I would hope is tried/convicted of obstruction at the very least.

If things go as they usually do in the Justice System a *long time* could mean until after Joe leaves office.  We need new leaders of both parties.  This may get us there quicker than I thought was possible.

8 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

If you mean Biden may no longer be in office, then I would hope is tried/convicted of obstruction at the very least.

Absolutely no reason not to go after someone when they're out of office, despite their age. Even if they spend no time in prison, at the very least their legacy is impacted. There has to be a deterrent to future office holders.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

There has to be a deterrent to future office holders.

And all of the little rats that are always on those sinking ships.

Sadly, the laws regarding corruption have too many caveats that protect those writing the laws from justice.

• Like 1

Does Fox News have any credibility now, any?  Or, is Fox now Inforwars with better production values, same guests?

I contend that Fox is more of a propaganda/disinformation source.

Fox will be able to write off the entire amount.  The American taxpayer will help them cover this "expense".

IMO, payments made as the result of a lawsuit or, fines by government, should NOT be tax deductible.

• Like 1