TJ Finley to transfer?

AuburnWarVet

Hoping, this means Holden Geriner is progressing well, but they didn’t let him throw that much during the spring game because of the terrible weather. Again, just hoping.

Well since it’s hoping/wishing… maybe  Greiner threw the ball lights out in the spring, so TJ stands no chance of starting???

I mean, a guy can dream, right?

• Like 4

“Just from the competition standpoint, they brought in Zach Calzada, they brought in Robby Ashford, in my head, to me, that’s a slap in the face that you don’t believe in what you already have....... Even though I was named the starter through the first three games, it was a 50-50 thing. He was kind of running the ball and I was kind of throwing the ball. Luckily we played teams like Mercer and San Jose State but by the time we got closer to Penn State and those teams, they kind of had it figured out that when I was out of the game we were going to run the ball and when I was in the game we were going to throw the ball. It was just an up-and-down year we really didn’t know which direction we wanted to go in. Unfortunately for me, in week 3 I got hurt, and they turned the reins over to Robby and he finished the season because I wanted to red-shirt.” - T.J. Finley

The tone deafness is comical. "Slap in the face" lol gee, wonder why they had to bring in a guy who had never played QB at the college level? I'll give the devil his due, the OL was hot garbage and most of the coaching staff was there only in physical form but still. Finley was never going to make lemonade out of what he was given.

"Luckily we played teams like Mercer and San Jose State" buddy, I don't think you'd start for those teams either.

Good luck and good riddance. 

Edited by woodford
  • Like 4

20 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

maybe  Greiner threw the ball lights out in the spring, so TJ stands no chance of starting???

None of our QBs really threw the ball well

• Like 2

8 hours ago, gr82be said:

This is a great video for a great hit from the '80's. The first fews lines sum up my feelings on the transfer portal...Go if you want to go, stay if you want to stay, I didn't care if you hung around, I didn't care if you went away. 

It’s no Paperlate, but it’s accurately descriptive.

3 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Hoping, this means Holden Geriner is progressing well, but they didn’t let him throw that much during the spring game because of the terrible weather. Again, just hoping.

Well since it’s hoping/wishing… maybe  Greiner threw the ball lights out in the spring, so TJ stands no chance of starting???

I mean, a guy can dream, right?

That's definitely not what it means. 

I don't know how it could be more clear at this point. 

5 hours ago, cbo said:

Man you just love to argue. Have at it!

With somebody else.

17 hours ago, woodford said:

The tone deafness is comical. "Slap in the face" lol gee, wonder why they had to bring in a guy who had never played QB at the college level? I'll give the devil his due, the OL was hot garbage and most of the coaching staff was there only in physical form but still. Finley was never going to make lemonade out of what he was given.

"Luckily we played teams like Mercer and San Jose State" buddy, I don't think you'd start for those teams either.

TJ's had someone in his ear for him to make public statements like that.  

"Slap in the face" when he came to Auburn under the same circumstances.  Then spout out the predictability of the offensive scheme (and trash your oline in the aftermath) then to dissing the caliber of your opponents (Mercer/SJS) doesn't represent AU well.  

• Like 2

I like Finley just as a personality but I also like what he represents for me in my life. This is a guy that no concentrated set of Auburn fans really loves, especially the ones older or not really anywhere near Auburn. But this is a guy that I’ve seen more than almost every other athlete around town and he generally seems to just be doing his thing and having a blast. I’ve heard primarily (operative) decent reviews of him as a dude. 

I don’t think he has the best decorum in front of a mic and definitely doesn’t seem to have much of a filter from what he’s honestly thinking. I don’t know if those are necessarily traits that you need to do your best on Saturday. You can say one thing about his performance but I don’t think the guy has ever lacked for effort 

My personal thoughts are, I’d be fine with him being here if he could just calm down on the casually potentially offensive remarks about his team. The big ass head and lack of humility is fine with me, but THAT is where I think he’s the biggest negative 

1) If he was performing at the level we need at the quarterback position, we wouldn’t be bringing in so many transfers.
2) He had no problem at all with it when he was the quarterback transferring into Auburn to compete for the starting position.

Edited by PigskinPat
  • Thanks 1

Competition is healthy. Freeze likes competition. If you don’t like competition you don’t fit here. Finely has a big arm and size. There’s a lot of places he can play. 

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 11:47 AM, gr82b4au said:

There is so much that I would like to say but I will just say this: thank you for your time at AU and we wish you the best as you move on after you graduate. 

tj had his chances last year and a new start this year and did little. i agree the line was terrible. i like him until he popped off at other players and threw them under the bus. i wish him well but i am not sad.

• Like 2

Growing up, whenever challenges or tough times would come along, my dad would tell me I could either choose to get bitter or to get better. It appears Finley has chosen as well.

• Like 4

On 4/18/2023 at 11:19 PM, cbo said:

24 did say he could dream right?

• Like 1

On 4/18/2023 at 8:59 PM, woodford said:

“Just from the competition standpoint, they brought in Zach Calzada, they brought in Robby Ashford, in my head, to me, that’s a slap in the face that you don’t believe in what you already have....... Even though I was named the starter through the first three games, it was a 50-50 thing. He was kind of running the ball and I was kind of throwing the ball. Luckily we played teams like Mercer and San Jose State but by the time we got closer to Penn State and those teams, they kind of had it figured out that when I was out of the game we were going to run the ball and when I was in the game we were going to throw the ball. It was just an up-and-down year we really didn’t know which direction we wanted to go in. Unfortunately for me, in week 3 I got hurt, and they turned the reins over to Robby and he finished the season because I wanted to red-shirt.” - T.J. Finley

Yep, TJ was really slinging vs Mercer and SDSU,  279 yards passing with 0 TDs and 3 INTs.  Still not sure where is arrogance comes from.

Edited by j0hnnyRingo
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Some folks just need to decline interviews, period.  

I'm sure Finley's a great person with a solid work ethic and he gives 100%.  Just steer clear of the mic. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, j0hnnyRingo said:

Yep, TJ was really slinging vs Mercer and SDSU,  279 yards passing with 0 TDs and 3 INTs.  Still not sure where is arrogance comes from.

His dad!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, cbo said:

Fair point. 

come smoke wid me cbo. it is 420 and i have yet to to smoke anything but the day is not done.............

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

come smoke wid me cbo. it is 420 and i have yet to to smoke anything but the day is not done.............

I have no doubt it would be a good time. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cbo said:

I have no doubt it would be a good time. 

hey am just a good ol dude in reaL LIFE. we could have fun and chase the girls.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

hey am just a good ol dude in reaL LIFE. we could have fun and chase the girls.

They would definitely be running. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cbo said:

They would definitely be running. 

dude i would have you so high you would not care but damn i hoped you would be a better wingman................lol