Pat Dye Field Improvements Approved

aubiefifty

yahoo.com

Pat Dye Field renovations to occur after 2023 football season

Richard Silva, Montgomery Advertiser

~2 minutes

The Auburn University Board of Trustees approved a project Friday morning to make improvements to Pat Dye Field at Jordan-Hare Stadium, secretary to the board Jon Waggoner confirmed to the Montgomery Advertiser.

According to the materials for the BOT meeting, "the intent of this project is to improve the field drainage, resod the field, modify the perimeter of the field for improved access and circulation, and modernize the on-field electrical and communications infrastructure."

The venture is estimated to cost $6 million and be financed by the athletics department.

PROJECTING FORWARD: Predicting Auburn football's starters for 2023 after Hugh Freeze's first spring practice

TRANSFER PORTAL: 3 positions of need for Auburn football to target

Construction is scheduled to begin following the upcoming football season and completed prior to the annual A-Day game in 2024.

The board also approved Friday a project to renovate space within the athletics complex "to expand and improve sports medicine services to its student athletes." These services are currently found in the Plainsman Park Strength and Rehabilitation Center; the plan is for them to be relocated into space that was previously held by the football program before its move to the Woltosz Football Performance Center.

A price for the project was not listed in the materials, but it's expected to be financed by funds from the athletics department.

Richard Silva is the Auburn athletics beat writer for the Montgomery Advertiser. He can be reached via email at rsilva@gannett.com or on Twitter @rich_silva18.

• Like 2

Well I sarcastically said we need to invest more in rehabilitation after all these injured QBs and their shoulders, but it looks like they’re actually going to do it

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, AUINSY said:

Well I sarcastically said we need to invest more in rehabilitation after all these injured QBs and their shoulders, but it looks like they’re actually going to do it

See the powers that be DO read this board 

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, TigerPAC said:

See the powers that be DO read this board 

👀👀 We should get a quality QB to transfer in! 🤞

• Haha 1

• WarTiger changed the title to Field renovations to occur after 2023 season

TOP STORY

AU FOOTBALL

Auburn Board of Trustees authorizes Pat Dye Field improvement project

Adam Cole

Apr 14, 2023 Updated 23 hrs ago

The Auburn team meets around the midfield logo before the game against Western Kentucky on Nov. 19, 2022, in Auburn.

Adam Sparks,

Adam Cole

Approximately $6 million in improvements are coming to Pat Dye Field in Jordan-Hare Stadium, as the Auburn University Board of Trustees unanimously adopted a resolution authorizing the execution of the project at their Friday meeting at the Auburn University Hotel.

The intent of the project, according to meeting materials, is to improve field drainage, re-sod, modify the field’s perimeter for improved access and circulation, and modernize on-field 

• Like 1

Now that we have a real AD and football coach Im holding out hope that the big JH renovation will be on the board again. But, if the estimated cost was 145 million in 2016, I shudder to think what something of that scale would cost today. Our old “leadership” really dropped the ball when construction costs were relatively cheap.

Edited by CR

9 hours ago, CR said:

Now that we have a real AD and football coach Im holding out hope that the big JH renovation will be on the board again. But, if the estimated cost was 145 million in 2016, I shudder to think what something of that scale would cost today. Our old “leadership” really dropped the ball when construction costs were relatively cheap.

I have not been to a game in so long i have no idea what all we might need. If you have the time what all are we considering or what do we need? thanx

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

I have not been to a game in so long i have no idea what all we might need. If you have the time what all are we considering or what do we need? thanx

Hey fifty, the big plan included renovating the old end zone with premium seating, adding another jumbotron there and bricking the exterior completely to give it a finished look. If you google 145 million jordan hare plan itll give you better details

• Love 1