When Guns are your God

TexasTiger

On 4/17/2023 at 11:33 AM, autigeremt said:

It’s there but please go kick rocks, intellectual. 

Last 5:30 minutes 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

You had points?

So you admit you didn't read the list of points in the article? I'm shocked Tex.

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

So you admit you didn't read the list of points in the article? I'm shocked Tex.

Yeah. I read them. The set up premise is that it was laid out in a 7 decades old poly sci book which only the addle minded will believe.

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

Yeah. I read them. The set up premise is that it was laid out in a 7 decades old poly sci book which only the addle minded will believe.

Well surely your addle mind is capable of dissecting the nine steps correct? I can't wait.  

20 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Well surely your addle mind is capable of dissecting the nine steps correct? I can't wait.  

1) Divide the nation philosophically.

this has been true since our founding- matter of degree

2) Foment racial strife.

Never good. Rooted in our founding.

3) Cause distrust of police authority.

happening on far left and broader right - Trump and MTG are big on this.

4) Swarm the nation's borders indiscriminately and unconstitutionally.

most folks are seeking asylum. Not unconstitutional. System needs fixing, though. Sense little interest in solutions

5) Engender the military strength to weaken it.

nonsensical sentence 

6. Overburden citizens with more unfair taxation.

Actually, 68 years ago the top marginal tax rate was 91%. You want to reinstate it?

7) Encourage civil rioting and discourage accountability for all crime.

another Trump tactic. Encourage insurrection, promise pardons. Accept no responsibility. I agree, very bad.

8 ) Control all balloting. 

Republican state legislatures are trying to move in that direction.

9) Control all media.

more Republican efforts here, too.

I agree. Not good things. Not included in any 1954 college text, but not good things. So why do you vote for these things?

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

2) Foment racial strife.

most folks are seeking asylum. Not unconstitutional. System needs fixing, though. Sense little interest in solutions

nonsensical sentence 

Actually, 68 years ago the top marginal tax rate was 91%. You want to reinstate it?

another Trump tactic. Encourage insurrection, promise pardons. Accept no responsibility. I agree, very bad.

9) Control all media.

I agree. Not good things. Not included in any 1954 college text, but not good things. So why do you vote for these things?

Laughable. I knew you wouldn't disappoint. Knowing your bias, I could have written that for you.

And don't accuse me of what you are doing. 

25 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Laughable. I knew you wouldn't disappoint. Knowing your bias, I could have written that for you.

And don't accuse me of what you are doing. 

Share your responses to each.

1 hour ago, TexasTiger said:

We can agree. 

2) Foment racial strife.

Agree, but great progress made. Now the focus of the left on basically every issue.

Primarily a left talking point.

We can agree the system in general needs fixing. The numbers alone show this administration isn't interested in solutions.

nonsensical sentence

Hardly. Our military is at is weakest for a number of reasons. Indoctrination in woke policies included. 

Dumb statement not worthy of a response. Agree citizens are overtaxed. I'm pro tax reform.

The left controls the lever. Bad look.

Let me remind you of legislative actions from Democrats in recent election. 

9) Control all media.

The left controls the media. 

Edited by AUFAN78

6 hours ago, alexava said:

Last 5:30 minutes 

This man has opinions 

14 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

nonsensical sentence

Hardly. Our military is at is weakest for a number of reasons. Indoctrination in woke policies included. 

Straddling that line between being laughably wrong, and being actually moronic.

Nice ;) 

• Haha 2

On 4/18/2023 at 10:42 AM, icanthearyou said:

Destabilizing society by promoting violence is the final step in the destruction of democracy.

We’ve seen a lot of destabilizing from the two party leadership for sure. Especially the last few decades. 

• Facepalm 1

21 hours ago, alexava said:

He has recordings too. 

What do you think the teachers mean by "CRT"

How do you define it

14 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Straddling that line between being laughably wrong, and being actually moronic.

Nice ;) 

The idea that the modern US military is "weak" is one of the stupidest shibboleths out there right now. Even if you regard it as the strongest fighting force in the world, that's still a massive understatement regarding just how powerful it is.

Take Iraq, for example. When we invaded, this was their military, and it was actually quite strong as far as militaries go. They had:

1.3 million troops, including the Republican Guard, many of them had combat experience from the Iran-Iraq War and Desert Storm. 

300 modern Aircraft. 

2000 tanks

3000+ APCs and 2700 artillery pieces

We do not share a border with Iraq. Iraq still fell in 6 weeks. And we did all this while maintaining our massive global presence.

In a conventional conflict the story would be the same pretty much anywhere. Sure we could be stalemated in a heavily asymmetric war, but if we absolutely needed to we could effectively eradicate any other standing military on earth within weeks.

Edited by AUDub
  • Like 3

when-guns-are-your-god

When guns are your god you have a god that you can actually reach out and touch.

When climate change is your god you have nothing but fear mongers and their wild speculations.

42 minutes ago, AUDub said:

The idea that the modern US military is "weak" is one of the stupidest shibboleths out there right now. Even if you regard it as the strongest fighting force in the world, that's still a massive understatement regarding just how powerful it is.

Take Iraq, for example. When we invaded, this was their military, and it was actually quite strong as far as militaries go. They had:

1.3 million troops, including the Republican Guard, many of them had combat experience from the Iran-Iraq War and Desert Storm. 

300 modern Aircraft. 

2000 tanks

We do not share a border with Iraq. Iraq still fell in 6 weeks. And we did all this while maintaining our massive global presence.

In a conventional conflict the story would be the same pretty much anywhere. Sure we could be stalemated in a heavily asymmetric war, but if we absolutely needed to we could effectively eradicate any other standing military on earth within weeks.

Weakest as in years not weak in general. But nice try. We are indeed the strongest force in the world and that is undisputed. 

The reference was to recent operations. i.e. the Afghanistan withdrawal. Yes that was very weak and remains a cluster f***. 

Need I say more?

Edited by AUFAN78

8 hours ago, AUDub said:

300 modern Aircraft. 

2000 tanks

Agree 

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Weakest as in years not weak in general. But nice try. We are indeed the strongest force in the world and that is undisputed. 

The reference was to recent operations. i.e. the Afghanistan withdrawal. Yes that was very weak and remains a cluster f***. 

Need I say more?

This is the goal post moving I see from both sides.

Iraq war, the military did exactly as they were supposed to in record time. Numbers vary wildly on this but generally 20x more enemy casualties than US.

So move the goal posts and make it about how long it took to build up a whole new government vastly different from the last. Which is not the job of military, but whatever.

Afghanistan, held all strategic points pretty much the entire time. Kill somewhere between 15-20x more than the casualties we took. Kept our casualties to under 2,500 over the entirety of a 20 year war.

So move the goal posts and make it about how crap the new regime we installed was. Again, not the militaries job to create countries.... but whatever.

Our government def make some bad decisions and mucked some stuff up. But that's not the same as our military failing or being 'weak'.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Need I say more?

How did our military's "wokeness" and indoctrination allow the Taliban to run roughshod over the Afghan government and military?

Also, what do you mean by indoctrination? Can you please give some examples?

4 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Our government def make some bad decisions and mucked some stuff up. But that's not the same as our military failing or being 'weak'.

This.

They blame improper utilization by politicians on the military.

The military is an extremely useful tool and essentially a trump card no one on earth can hope to match. At the same time we’re sort of seeing the problem of “when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.”

The result is the military being used in roles it has no business being used in, or wrapped up in nebulous wars with no clear objective or endgame.  

• Like 3

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

when-guns-are-your-god

When guns are your god you have a god that you can actually reach out and touch.

When climate change is your god you have nothing but fear mongers and their wild speculations.

QFT   :ucrazy:

15 hours ago, AUDub said:

What do you think the teachers mean by "CRT"

How do you define it

In short.. it makes it impossible to teach to treat everyone the same , that race doesn’t matter. A little longer version.. A tool to keep victimhood and guilt front and center. It divides us into two categories, victims and oppressors. Even though the generation it is being pushed on, were  neither. It helps no one. 
        Now, in classic leftist reaction I’m predicting that some will first argue the definition and defend CRT itself. Maybe refer to it as history? Then also claim it’s not even CRT they are pushing just history. 

Edited by alexava
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Mims44 said:

Agree 

This is the goal post moving I see from both sides.

Iraq war, the military did exactly as they were supposed to in record time. Numbers vary wildly on this but generally 20x more enemy casualties than US.

So move the goal posts and make it about how long it took to build up a whole new government vastly different from the last. Which is not the job of military, but whatever.

Afghanistan, held all strategic points pretty much the entire time. Kill somewhere between 15-20x more than the casualties we took. Kept our casualties to under 2,500 over the entirety of a 20 year war.

So move the goal posts and make it about how crap the new regime we installed was. Again, not the militaries job to create countries.... but whatever.

My point has nothing to do with building a new government, but simply the cluster F... that was the withdrawal and the repercussions resulting to this day. I realize some view this exercise as acceptable. I don't remotely agree. No goal post moving necessary to understand this atrocity. 

8 hours ago, Leftfield said:

How did our military's "wokeness" and indoctrination allow the Taliban to run roughshod over the Afghan government and military?

Also, what do you mean by indoctrination? Can you please give some examples?

It didn't nor was that the contention. 

Our military operatives need to focus on objectives and mission critical response. Not some woke ideology that potentially divides them and negatively affects cohesiveness. 

4 hours ago, AUDub said:

This.

They blame improper utilization by politicians on the military.

The military is an extremely useful tool and essentially a trump card no one on earth can hope to match. At the same time we’re sort of seeing the problem of “when all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.”

The result is the military being used in roles it has no business being used in, or wrapped up in nebulous wars with no clear objective or endgame.  

No argument from me, but certainly not related to my point. I'm not blaming the military for the actions of this administration nor their failed planning and execution. When placed in untenable situations failures occur.