When Guns are your God

TexasTiger

Forget cake walks. Now shotgun walks at fund raisers!  I kid.

I've never understood getting kids guns at ages beneath say, 12-13, but I'm not a hunter nor have I ever bought a firearm.  I will say that most of the true gun enthusiasts I've ever know are the safest folks in the world and teaching safety to the kids is paramount and keeping their weapons and ammo locked in safe places is the norm. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, aubaseball said:

And that’s the best part about all of this.   I haven’t said anything about Republicans or Democrats until you bring it up.   You don’t know what way I vote.   You have a hard time it seems to even admit that you are a democrat.   Seems a little ironic, don’t you think?  Both extremes are as nutty as can be, yet it seems that the only ones that get called out are the far right republicans.    

It's not Democrats who have such a number of "extremists" they can completely control the party. 

This idea that extremism is a symmetrical trait in both parties ("both sides"....) is absurd.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

yet you defended it

I rebuffed the idea that guns were Noem’s god.  It was ridiculous assertion and I defended her right as a parent to raise her kids/grandkids the way she felt was correct.  It’s not the way everyone should raise them, but who are you or I to say it is wrong?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, johnnyAU said:

Forget cake walks. Now shotgun walks at fund raisers!  I kid.

I've never understood getting kids guns at ages beneath say, 12-13, but I'm not a hunter nor have I ever bought a firearm.  I will say that most of the true gun enthusiasts I've ever know are the safest folks in the world and teaching safety to the kids is paramount and keeping their weapons and ammo locked in safe places is the norm. 

I own guns. Got one at 8. Too young? Sure. But my dad wouldn’t have bragged about it. He just grew up the same way. Did he do that with his grandkids? Hell, no. Had years to think about it. Growing up, most gun owners I knew were very safe. But guns have become a weird fetish for many folks these days. And most Republican politicians play to the fetishists.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Some liberal posters can’t even see how their extremist have complete control of their party while complaining about Republicans.  They will defend mutilating minors in the name of gender affirming health care and believes teaching CRT in school is righteous.

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

What do you expect?  

Geeze, the SBC is perfectly at home telling God, "Hold my beer.  I can do this better." These groups are more into revenge than they are loving their neighbor...well, unless they look just like them and think just like them. They are scared out of their mind as they are losing power and position, so of course they are into weaponry and protecting themselves, or lashing out against percieved enemies.  And they have a massive enemy list.

Which, if you're following Jesus, then you realize that is against His teaching. We have no enemies.  People percieve us to be theirs, but we should be into sharing absolute Shalom with everyone around us and that we come into contact with.  Changes the way that we percieve the world.

An absolute pre-requisite to Follow Jesus is to be non-violent.  Since He started attracting followers, that was one of the most important components to following Him.  It feeds directly into "Love your neighbor as yourself."  Even while having a couple of morons like Simon the Zealot and Peter as followers.

It never ceases to amaze me how Protestants don't get this, especially the SBC. 

If you don't get it, you will never understand Paul at all. It deals with Second Temple Judaism and how Zeal leads you to kill for your faith.  Once you figure that out, you learn a crapload about Paul and why his conversion was so amazing and revolutionary.

And why following Jesus isn't for everybody.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, arein0 said:

Bottom left picture is terrifying 

Not really. Kids have been handling "guns" for centuries. It's the actions of today's youth that can be terrifying. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

20 minutes ago, autigeremt said:

Not really. Kids have been handling "guns" for centuries. It's the actions of today's youth that can be terrifying. 

Have they been told it's OK to point a gun at someone for centuries?

The very first lesson my dad taught me was to make absolutely sure your gun was never pointed at another human being, whether it was loaded or not. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, autigeremt said:

"Alright kiddo, now pick up that revolver and point it right at me...yeah just like that, right into the camera lens....put your finger on the trigger now...like you got bad intentions....man this pic is going to be so awesome."

Looks like the kids in those pictures are being taught that guns are cool toys you can play around with. 

20 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Some liberal posters can’t even see how their extremist have complete control of their party while complaining about Republicans.  They will defend mutilating minors in the name of gender affirming health care and believes teaching CRT in school is righteous.

Kids are going to grow up seeing mass shooting after mass shooting after mass shooting, and they're going to see the Republican party defend access to the guns used for these killings and claiming that 'CRT and the Trans people" are the real issues, and when these kids become voting age it's not going to end well for the GOP on this issue. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Facepalm 1

On 4/15/2023 at 12:03 PM, I_M4_AU said:

I think it’s called teaching responsibility.  I would much rather see this than a *parent* trying to lead their daughter or son into believing they are of the opposite sex.  That seems to be the left’s new *god*.  You know, you are your own god and what you believe is true and everyone has to acquiesce to your beliefs.

Amen.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2023 at 5:43 PM, Leftfield said:

Thanks for admitting what we all knew to be true.

Plain and simple, it's dumb as s**t, and you should be ashamed for defending it. 

Both parties play to their bases. Look how Biden is  foaming over the Trans folks.

• Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

https://www.businessinsider.com/photos-show-young-kids-handling-guns-nra-annual-conference-2023-4

Hudson Eckart, 6, from Indiana, tries out a gun during the National Rifle Association (NRA) annual convention.

You have to train them while they are young.  Guns will quell your irrational fears.  Guns will solve your problems.  Guns are freedumb.  Guns are America.

• Facepalm 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Both parties play to their bases. Look how Biden is  foaming over the Trans folks.

Biden's actually been pretty moderate on the Trans issue. Yeah, he's said "you cant persecute and discriminate against trans people", which i guess some might consider to be an 'extreme' position, but the people who say that also used to think supporting gay marriage and equal protections for gay people was an 'extreme, far left' position. 

But other than that, he's passed athletic legislation that played a middle ground of stopping complete bans and exclusions on trans people in sports of their choosing, while also recognizing biological realities and allowing there to be exclusions and limitations for trans athlete participation in certain situations. 

"Foaming over trans people" however is exactly what Right wing media has been doing over the last couple of years. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

It's not the fact the kid is handling gun that's concerning. It's that he is being taught it is okay to point a gun at another human. I thought these events were supposed to be teaching kids how to handle guns responsibily...

• Dislike 1

Just now, arein0 said:

It's not the fact the kid is handling gun that's concerning. It's that he is being taught it is okay to point a gun at another human. I thought these events were supposed to be teaching kids how to handle guns responsibily...

They may have been used for that purpose at one point in time, but now anything NRA and gun related is controlled by the Gun lobby/corporations and is used exclusively to sell guns, market them, and create fascination in guns. 

All they care about is these kids growing up to think guns are cool and wanting to own some for themselves, once a gun has been bought and payed for, the NRA and gun companies couldn't care less how it's used or what accidents/deaths its use may lead to. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, arein0 said:

I wont my kids ready for the cival war thats commin.  You pansies better wake up an reelize what open carry means. 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

Guns are not marketed with idea of sport.  Guns go to market with a message of fear and anger. 

We are training, conditioning our children.  We are actively promoting a more violent future.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

27 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Kids are going to grow up seeing mass shooting after mass shooting after mass shooting, and they're going to see the Republican party defend access to the guns used for these killings and claiming that 'CRT and the Trans people" are the real issues, and when these kids become voting age it's not going to end well for the GOP on this issue. 

CRT and Trans people are not the cause of mass shootings and you are conflating the two issues.  Mental illness is the issue in mass shootings, if congress would focus on that and use mitigation to help prevent these mass shootings (armed guards, etc) we won’t see mass shootings at the rate we have now.

To the second part of your diatribe; if our educational system insists on teaching these far left ideologies I believe you could be correct.  Ideologies should not be taught in public schools.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Guns go to market with a message of fear and anger. 

Well that or like F150s. "A real man owns a real gun."

You know, surrogate dicks. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

Ideologies should not be taught in public schools.

Name a public school teaching CRT and/or encouraging students to change their sexual identities.  Name one.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Handle them at home. For years they were mostly handling hunting rifles, not combat gear.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Name a public school teaching CRT and/or encouraging students to change their sexual identities.  Name one.

Get your head out of the sand.  I and others have shown this statement to be utter nonsense.

• Like 3