When Guns are your God

TexasTiger

17 minutes ago, Auburnfan91 said:

https://www.foxnews.com/us/reuters-photos-young-kids-nra-event-slammed-set-up-parents-never-consent

"

"That picture was a set-up," Eckart, who served as a pastor across his life, charged.

The photographer did identify herself as being a Reuters employee, but Eckart said he was under the "impression that she … was there on behalf of the NRA" due to her "chit-chatting" with him. Eckart provided the photojournalist with his name as well as his grandson’s name and age, assuming the photos would be used for an NRA collage or something similar.

The young boy’s father, Nathan Eckart, added that the photographer "set the photo up so that it looked like [his son] took the gun and was aiming it at her face." Nathan Eckart did not attend the NRA event, but he and his wife said they are working to get the photos removed from Reuters’ website and from the news articles that included them. "

So they were fine with the pictures being taken of the kid pointing a gun when he assumed the photographer was working on behalf of the NRA and the photo was to be used as NRA propaganda, but when they discovered it was an actual news journalist and people are taken aback at the photo, then now he's coming out claiming it wasn't taken with his permission or that he was "tricked", and the parents who weren't even there are claiming the photo isn't authentic. 

I don't know about that. Seems like some right wing gun lovers who are now annoyed that their child and their parenting style is being used by gun control advocates. Sounds like the photographer properly identified herself and got permission for the photos from the grandfather. 

Edited by CoffeeTiger
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, AUFAN78 said:

It didn't nor was that the contention. 

Please let us know what you were referring to, then, because I really don't understand what else you could have been referring to with this....

19 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Weakest as in years not weak in general. But nice try. We are indeed the strongest force in the world and that is undisputed. 

The reference was to recent operations. i.e. the Afghanistan withdrawal. Yes that was very weak and remains a cluster f***. 

Need I say more?

Our military operatives need to focus on objectives and mission critical response. Not some woke ideology that potentially divides them and negatively affects cohesiveness. 

Again, I ask could you please give examples? What ideologies? Are there reports widespread problems?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

Please let us know what you were referring to, then, because I really don't understand what else you could have been referring to with this....

Quite simple. The exit strategy and execution was horrendous. A freaking debacle. 

Again, I ask could you please give examples? What ideologies? Are there reports widespread problems?

Your emotional exaggeration noted?. 

For clarity, you last served in the military when? What branch? What MOS?

Edited by AUFAN78

44 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Quite simple. The exit strategy and execution was horrendous. A freaking debacle. 

Ok, that's not in dispute. The point is you said our military is the weakest it's been in years because it's woke and indoctrinated, and that was why the withdrawal was so horrible:

52 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

The reference was to recent operations. i.e. the Afghanistan withdrawal.

I mean.....you literally said that was the reason. Are you now saying that's not the case? 

53 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Your emotional exaggeration noted?. 

Lol.....ho-kay, Rosie Facepalm. I ask a few questions and you accuse me of emotional exaggeration? Bit of projection going on there? You could have just answered. Still can. Won't hold my breath.

56 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

For clarity, you last served in the military when? What branch? What MOS?

Never. Though there's about s**t chance you really asked in the interest of "clarity."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 4/21/2023 at 8:47 PM, Leftfield said:

Ok, that's not in dispute. The point is you said our military is the weakest it's been in years because it's woke and indoctrinated, and that was why the withdrawal was so horrible:

I mean.....you literally said that was the reason. Are you now saying that's not the case? 

Lol.....ho-kay, Rosie Facepalm. I ask a few questions and you accuse me of emotional exaggeration? Bit of projection going on there? You could have just answered. Still can. Won't hold my breath.

Never. Though there's about s**t chance you really asked in the interest of "clarity."

When we are specifically talking special operations, we need those folks focused on mission critical tasks. We need our  upper military echelon assuring these folks are focused and on task. We need administrative folks assuring we are on task. This did not happen quite obviously. There is no reason to distract from mission critical tasks as this administration did. You can agree with their woke agenda if you like or accept the truth. We failed many people and that failure continues to this day.

Edited by AUFAN78
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

When we are specifically talking special operations, we need those folks focused on mission critical tasks. We need our  upper military echelon assuring these folks are focused and on task. We need administrative folks assuring we are on task. 

We failed many people and that failure continues to this day.

I agree with these, but you understand that the rest.....

This did not happen quite obviously. There is no reason to distract from mission critical tasks as this administration did. You can agree with their woke agenda if you like or accept the truth.

....is just pure conjecture. There is no evidence, or at least you haven't presented any, that our forces were distracted or not cohesive because of anything the administration did to force an "agenda" on them. The main failure reported was our intelligence estimates as to how much time we would have to withdraw based on the "new" Afghan government's ability to hold the Taliban. Was that failure due to not being focused because of the Biden administration? I think that's very doubtful, but I'm open to be proven wrong if you show proof to the contrary.

The buck stops with whatever administration is in charge when a military operation occurs (even when the intelligence community fails), and Biden's administration certainly deserves a degree of blame. How much of that blame it deserves is the question, and I am completely for a full investigation as to where the breakdowns occurred and accountability for those who failed, but there is nothing I'm aware of so far to support what you've said. You haven't even given anecdotal accounts.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Was that failure due to not being focused because of the Biden administration?

Unquestionably true. 

34 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

The buck stops with whatever administration is in charge

Yep.  

6 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Unquestionably true. 

But I am questioning it, and you continue to provide zero evidence to back up what you're saying. That only makes it your opinion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, homersapien said:

You have an extremely low regard for the professionalism and integrity of our military.

Far from the truth. Who do they answer to?

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

But I am questioning it, and you continue to provide zero evidence to back up what you're saying. That only makes it your opinion.

Indeed it is an opinion as is yours. It appears you were happy with the withdrawal. I wasn't.

Edited by AUFAN78

Indeed it is an opinion as is yours. It appears you were happy with the withdrawal. I wasn't.

Right, because me agreeing with you about it being a mess means I was happy with it? How in the hell do you reach that conclusion?

I guess that means you have no evidence?

And we move on....

43 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

me agreeing with you

Awesome. Progress.

9 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Awesome. Progress.

And I see that's all you're focused on.

Maybe you could focus on your avatar and actually seek the truth?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

When we are specifically talking special operations, we need those folks focused on mission critical tasks. We need our  upper military echelon assuring these folks are focused and on task. We need administrative folks assuring we are on task. This did not happen quite obviously. There is no reason to distract from mission critical tasks as this administration did. You can agree with their woke agenda if you like or accept the truth. We failed many people and that failure continues to this day.

i posted an article on here a few days ago stating that biden used trumps pullout plan and akso something about trump complicated things by agreements he made with the taliban. it might be in this thread but it is recent.

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i posted an article on here a few days ago stating that biden used trumps pullout plan and akso something about trump complicated things by agreements he made with the taliban. it might be in this thread but it is recent.

The original framework for withdrawal was the Doha Accord negotiated by Pompeo under Trump. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Leftfield said:

And I see that's all you're focused on.

Maybe you could focus on your avatar and actually seek the truth?

I thought we had reached agreement is was a cluster F.

So my truth is not your truth? 

5 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

MCRAVEN: ‘YOU CAN'T BLAME THE GUY THAT CAME BEFORE YOU’: In an interview on CNN, retired Adm. William McRaven, who commanded the special operations raid that killed Osama bin Laden, said the White House report was notable for its lack of accountability.

“I understand that this report is really a ‘lessons learned,’ which is different in terms of reports [from] an accountability report,” McRaven told CNN’s Jake Tapper. “But, you know, when you are the commander in chief, you're responsible, you're accountable. And you can't blame the guy that came before you.”

“You cannot deny the incredible heroism and courage of the soldiers, sailors, airmen, and Marines that came into Kabul that evacuated those 125,000 Afghans, and America should be proud of those young men and women,” McRaven said. “But make no mistake about it, you know, somebody should be held accountable for this evacuation … in terms of responsibility and accountability, it's with the commander in chief and that administration.”

On 28 and 29 September 2021, U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Gen. Mark Milley and United States Central Command (CENTCOM) commander Gen. Frank McKenzie were among the numerous Defense Department officials who denied during Congressional testimonies President Biden's previous claim that his decision to withdraw troops from Afghanistan was because of advice from senior U.S. military leaders and stated that they had in fact advised him to keep some troops in Afghanistan.

26 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

I thought we had reached agreement is was a cluster F.

So my truth is not your truth? 

And you know full well the discussion was about what you said was the reason for that. Quit trying to squirm out of it.

If you're just going to completely ignore claims that you make because you can't back them up, why bother bringing them up in the first place? Not a great recipe for anyone to take you seriously.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Leftfield said:

And you know full well the discussion was about what you said was the reason for that. Quit trying to squirm out of it.

If you're just going to completely ignore claims that you make because you can't back them up, why bother bringing them up in the first place? Not a great recipe for anyone to take you seriously.

The primary discussion was about this weak administration and their related weak withdrawal from Afghanistan. My further points were about military readiness vs some woke agenda that has no place in war time exercise.

Your incessant juvenile babbling doesn't change any of that. It remains true today.

Everything has been explained to you yet you persist in this irrational line of questioning. Is comprehension your problem? Intentionally obtuse? Or are you just mad your guy f***ed it up and I called attention to it?

7 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

The primary discussion was about this weak administration and their related weak withdrawal from Afghanistan. My further points were about military readiness vs some woke agenda that has no place in war time exercise.

Another example of this administration’s foreign policy:

WASHINGTON, April 23 (Reuters) - All U.S. government personnel were evacuated from Washington's embassy in Khartoum, as well as a small number of diplomatic personnel from other countries, U.S. officials said on Saturday, as fighting rocks Sudan.

The operation evacuated fewer than 100 people, the officials told reporters.

The U.S. does not anticipate the security situation in the country changing in the near term, Bass said, adding that Washington does not foresee coordinating a U.S. government evacuation of American citizens in Sudan now or in coming days.

https://www.reuters.com/world/africa/us-evacuated-under-100-people-embassy-sudan-amid-fighting-officials-2023-04-23/#:~:text=WASHINGTON%2C April 23 (Reuters),Saturday%2C as fighting rocks Sudan.

If you are an American citizen in a foreign country that has even the slightest chance of government disruption; get out now.  America will not help you.

The estimate of US citizens in Sudan is 16,000.

38 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

If you are an American citizen in a foreign country that has even the slightest chance of government disruption; get out now.  America will not help you.

Sad but true.  Also, if you're traveling abroad you might be seized in order to be part of a prisoner exchange. With Biden giving up one of the world's leading terrorists and arms dealers in exchange for a basketball player any American is fair game. You too might be worth a mass murderer!

2 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

Your incessant juvenile babbling doesn't change any of that. It remains true today.

Everything has been explained to you yet you persist in this irrational line of questioning. Is comprehension your problem? Intentionally obtuse? Or are you just mad your guy f***ed it up and I called attention to it?

Breaking news: AUFAN gets called out for stating opinion as fact; spews invectives and falsehoods in resulting tantrum.

Well, isn't this just so unlike you?

So, a quick recap:

Rosie: Event A happened because of Reason B.

Skeptic: Please give evidence of Reason B.

Rosie: Don't you understand? Event A happened!

Skeptic: I agree, but I disagree with Reason B.

Rosie: So you agree with me! I'm right! See, I'm smart! Just like I keep telling everybody!

Have a great week. Keep being awesome.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

Now we know who to blame.  It wasn’t Trump it was Rice, I wonder if it is true.  Biden fire somebody, never.

• Like 1