When Guns are your God

TexasTiger

I think it’s called teaching responsibility.  I would much rather see this than a *parent* trying to lead their daughter or son into believing they are of the opposite sex.  That seems to be the left’s new *god*.  You know, you are your own god and what you believe is true and everyone has to acquiesce to your beliefs.

Edited by I_M4_AU
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

12 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I think it’s called teaching responsibility.  I would much rather see this than a *parent* trying to lead their daughter or son into believing they are of the opposite sex.  That seems to be the left’s new *god*.  You know, you are your own god and what you believe is true and everyone has to acquiesce to your beliefs.

I can't believe someone seriously just tried to rationalize shotguns and rifles for toddlers. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 2

2 minutes ago, AUDub said:

I can't believe someone seriously just tried to rationalize shotguns and rifles for toddlers. 

Do really believe her toddler shoots these guns?

• Facepalm 1

19 minutes ago, AUDub said:

Hey, the market consisting of 15 year olds and older is getting saturated. ;)

BTW, thanks for quoting IM4.  It reminded me of why I have him on "ignore":

I would much rather see this than a *parent* trying to lead their daughter or son into believing they are of the opposite sex.  That seems to be the left’s new *god*.     :lmao:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AUDub said:

Especially this stupidly. Because you know, this is the “either/or” facing parents today.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do really believe her toddler shoots these guns?

Why does a grandma or parent feel the need to brag about toddler gun ownership?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Then why does she "own" them?

Won one at a nursery school poker game and got the other when she disarmed her drug dealer while he was on a violent high.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Why does a grandma or parent feel the need to brag about toddler gun ownership?

It’s a hot button right now.  You see conservatives with family photos with AR-15s.  You see libs parading their trans kids as accessories.  Its a crazy world.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, Leftfield said:

To teach responsibility.  Obviously not at two, but as she gets older she will be familiar with the concept of gun ownership and the responsibility that goes along with it.  Consider all of the owners that just bought their guns just because they can and take no responsibility.

To teach responsibility.  Obviously not at two, but as she gets older she will be familiar with the concept of gun ownership and the responsibility that goes along with it.  Consider all of the owners that just bought their guns just because they can and take no responsibility.

What's the point of owning the guns now if she can't learn responsibility about them?

3 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

What's the point of owning the guns now if she can't learn responsibility about them?

Ask the parents.  If the home has guns in it you need to make sure toddlers are aware they should not mess with the guns.  I lived on a lake and kept one of our grandsons when he was two for about 6 months while dad was deployed.  We went over the house rules and made sure he had an adult with him any time he went outside.  He got the concept as when dad came home he made sure dad knew the rules too.

I am sure Gov Noem was playing to her audience and rilling up the left at the same time.

4 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

I am sure Gov Noem was playing to her audience and rilling up the left at the same time.

Thanks for admitting what we all knew to be true.

Plain and simple, it's dumb as s**t, and you should be ashamed for defending it. 

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, Leftfield said:

Thanks for admitting what we all knew to be true.

Plain and simple, it's dumb as s**t, and you should be ashamed for defending it. 

Me ashamed? :lol: :lol: :lol:

You really do take yourself serious, don’t you.

If I have guns around the home with small children I will definitely make them aware of how dangerous they can be and the sooner you do it the better they will learn.

That ship has sailed with me, but when my grandkids come around, they do like to look at granddad’s guns.  Supervised of course.

• Facepalm 1

1 minute ago, I_M4_AU said:

You really do take yourself serious, don’t you.

No, I take logic and safety seriously, and I'm sick of people like you pretending that a kid getting comfortable with a shotgun and assault rifle is necessary to protect themselves in modern society, when your only true purpose is to stick it up the rear of anyone you perceive to be trampling on your "rights." 

You talk about a culture change being needed, but ignore that this is exactly what needs to happen with idiots that would give their kid a rifle at two years old. You say the culture is different in the south, but apparently don't realize that's the reason much of the other areas of the US sees us (often deservedly) as backwards jackasses. Even if you are as responsible as you say, knowing how people are you KNOW many AREN'T that responsible, which is the whole problem. 

And I guess your first sentence just shows that you're beyond shame now, which is unfortunate, considering I once thought you had some semblance of fair-mindedness, but not all that surprising.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, Leftfield said:

She doesn’t.   No more than she owns a house she is living in.  Or a car she rides in.   It’s called a figure of speech.   It’s a politician that’s trying to get people on her side.   Why is that hard to understand?  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

She doesn’t.   No more than she owns a house she is living in.  Or a car she rides in.   It’s called a figure of speech.   It’s a politician that’s trying to get people on her side.   Why is that hard to understand?  

It's not hard to understand, as my previous post showed. As I also said before, it's dumb as s**t. But that's the modern Republican party.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Leftfield said:

It's not hard to understand, as my previous post showed. As I also said before, it's dumb as s**t. But that's the modern Republican party.

Says the Democratic Party.  And wheels turn round and round.   

1 hour ago, aubaseball said:

Says the Democratic Party.  And wheels turn round and round.   

Except I'm not a Democrat. Or at least I wasn't until the Republican party lost its mind. But I'm sure that won't mean anything to you.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Except I'm not a Democrat. Or at least I wasn't until the Republican party lost its mind. But I'm sure that won't mean anything to you.

And that’s the best part about all of this.   I haven’t said anything about Republicans or Democrats until you bring it up.   You don’t know what way I vote.   You have a hard time it seems to even admit that you are a democrat.   Seems a little ironic, don’t you think?  Both extremes are as nutty as can be, yet it seems that the only ones that get called out are the far right republicans.    

• Like 1

13 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

It’s a hot button right now.  You see conservatives with family photos with AR-15s.  You see libs parading their trans kids as accessories.  Its a crazy world.

Maher actually addressed this issue on his show recently when he talked about going to parties in LA where having trans kids was actually treated as the new go-to fashion accessory. 

https://www.news18.com/news/buzz/bill-maher-says-more-kids-identifying-as-trans-because-its-trendy-draws-sharp-reactions-5226811.html

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, aubaseball said:

And that’s the best part about all of this.   I haven’t said anything about Republicans or Democrats until you bring it up.   You don’t know what way I vote. 

Well, this is a political board. And I never said anything about you being a Republican. I brought it up because she's a Republican. She's saying something incredibly irresponsible and stupid to score political points with a party base that adores a narcissist detached from reality. That's what has engulfed just about every prominent Republican politician in recent years, which was my point.

4 hours ago, aubaseball said:

You have a hard time it seems to even admit that you are a democrat.   Seems a little ironic, don’t you think? 

Not really. I've never considered myself as being a member of either party, but in recent years I've increasingly voted Democrat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, Leftfield said:

And I guess your first sentence just shows that you're beyond shame now, which is unfortunate, considering I once thought you had some semblance of fair-mindedness, but not all that surprising.

I had to think about this overnight before responding.  This is typical of the people that disagree with others.  If I don’t come around to your way of thinking, I am disappointing to you.  If I gave up on my ideals I would disappoint myself.  Guess which one is going to win out?

I don’t know how any *mass shooting* legislation is going to play out, but whatever happens I will comply because I am a law abiding citizen.  I may pi$$ and moan, but will comply.

I understand we are on opposite sides of most things and would really be disappointed if you gave up on your ideal.

• Like 2

I had to think about this overnight before responding.  This is typical of the people that disagree with others.  If I don’t come around to your way of thinking, I am disappointing to you. 

You have a good point, and of course I would hope that eventually we would agree on the overall gun control debate, but that's not what I'm disappointed about. I spoke out on this because what Noem said was absurd and reinforces the irresponsible side of gun culture, yet you defended it. It's dangerous, and actually runs counter to your position that guns should not be further restricted.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1