AU Players Portal Tracker

toddc

Auburn Transfer Portal Live Tracker

By CHRISTIAN CLEMENTE 47 minutes ago

The second transfer portal window is here and Auburn is open for business.

"We are open to any position that'll help us improve our team, as long as they fit within the culture," Auburn head coach Hugh Freeze said after A-Day.

From now until April 30, players are able to enter the portal and begin the process of looking for a new home. During the first portal window, Auburn went out and picked up a dozen new additions to the roster. While 12 more likely aren't on the way, Auburn is set to be busy as the new staff continues to rework the roster ahead of this season.

Top StoriesREAD MOREFlorida Gators football: Media questions offense, QBs asGraham Mertz, Jack Miller struggle in spring game

It's important to note that transfers are not required to commit and sign with a program during this window, this is just the timeframe for actually entering the transfer portal.

Auburn Undercover is tracking all of the updates for Auburn's departures, Auburn's additions and potential Auburn targets. Note: The names we're tracking do not directly reflect Auburn's board. 

LIVE UPDATES

8:11 a.m. — Auburn WR Tar'Varish Dawson has entered the portal. It's a re-entry for him after he left the team last fall and entered the portal, only to rejoin the team after Bryan Harsin was fired.

Previous Notes:

(4/13) — Auburn DL Jeffrey M'ba enters the transfer portal. Somewhat of a surprising move, as the defensive end had started to work his way up Auburn's depth chart but NIL seems to have played a factor here, according to a couple of sources.

(4/13) — Kameron Brown commits to Tennessee Chattanooga.

(3/22) — Auburn reserve LB Desmond Tisdol enters the transfer portal.

(3/22) — Auburn reserve LB Kameron Brown enters the transfer portal.

Edited by toddc

What we have so far is below.

ByCHRISTIAN CLEMENTE 39 minutes ago

6 Comments

"We are open to any position that'll help us improve our team, as long as they fit within the culture," Auburn head coach Hugh Freeze said after A-Day.

From now until April 30, players are able to enter the portal and begin the process of looking for a new home. During the first portal window, Auburn went out and picked up a dozen new additions to the roster. While 12 more likely aren't on the way, Auburn is set to be busy as the new staff continues to rework the roster ahead of this season.

It's important to note that transfers are not required to commit and sign with a program during this window, this is just the timeframe for actually entering the transfer portal.

Auburn Undercover is tracking all of the updates for Auburn's departures, Auburn's additions and potential Auburn targets. Note: The names we're tracking do not directly reflect Auburn's board. 

LIVE UPDATES

8:11 a.m. — Auburn WR Tar'Varish Dawson has entered the portal. It's a re-entry for him after he left the team last fall and entered the portal, only to rejoin the team after Bryan Harsin was fired.

Previous Notes:

(4/13) — Auburn DL Jeffrey M'ba enters the transfer portal. Somewhat of a surprising move, as the defensive end had started to work his way up Auburn's depth chart but NIL seems to have played a factor here, according to a couple of sources.

QUARTERBACK

Quarterback

Transferring out: None

Looking to add: 1

Names we're tracking: Chance Nolan (Oregon State)

If Auburn's current quarterback room remains the same and no one departs, Auburn may not take a quarterback. But the assumption for a while now has been that T.J. Finley departs as a graduate transfer. If that happens, Auburn will be aggressive in looking for a quarterback to come in and compete with Robby Ashford, Holden Geriner and Hank Brown.

RUNNING BACK

Running Back

Looking to add: 0

After adding Brian Battie in the early portal and Jeremiah Cobb on the way, Auburn doesn't have a need here.

WIDE RECEIVER

Transferring out: Tar'Varish Dawson

Looking to add: 1-2

Names we're tracking: 

This is a big position of need this portal window. Expect Auburn to look heavily at adding the best receiver it can to the room, along with potentially a second receiver as well. The room was thinned in the spring with injuries, but still needs help.

TIGHT END

Transferring out: None

Like running back, with the addition of Rivaldo Fairweather Auburn is all set here.

OFFENSIVE LINE

Names we're tracking:

Auburn is still in need of one or two offensive linemen in this second portal window. Ideally, one offensive tackle and one interior guy or a swing guy who could play either spot. With the Tigers adding upperclassmen in Gunner Britton, Avery Jones and Dillon Wade in the first portal window, look for Auburn to search for younger talent to layer the depth chart here.

DEFENSIVE LINE

Transferring out: Jeffrey M'ba

Looking to add: 0-1

Names we're tracking: 

This isn't a huge need for Auburn as it has quality depth, but if a true star defensive lineman enters the portal, don't be surprised to see Auburn give it a run. The room is pretty well layered now and has strong depth, even with M'ba's departure, but lacks a true star right now.

JACK LB

Transferring out: 

Names we're tracking: 

Undoubtedly one of Auburn's biggest needs, this is a room that's thin and one that lacks experience. Simply put, Auburn needs experience and bodies here. At least one addition feels like a near-guarantee, while adding a second wouldn't be a surprise, either.

LINEBACKER

Transferring out: Desmond Tisdol, Kameron Brown

Names we're tracking: 

After reserve linebackers in Tisdol and Brown departed, Auburn could look to add a little more depth to the room. But overall, after adding Austin Keys and DeMario Tolan in the first window, it's not a huge need.

CORNERBACK

Names we're tracking:

With Tyler Scott and Colton Hood on the way along with the emergence of Kayin Lee and a healthy J.D. Rhym after missing spring, Auburn doesn't have a huge need here. Adding a one-year rental at the spot to come in and help DJ James and Nehemiah Pritchett might not hurt, though.

SAFETY

6COMMENTS

Names we're tracking:

Auburn has Sylvester Smith, CJ Johnson and Terrance Love on the way this summer. Though, Love could end up shifting down to linebacker. Similar to cornerback, if the right name pops up Auburn may pursue, but it's not a huge spot of emphasis.

Edited by toddc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AUBURN — The spring transfer portal window is open from April 15-30. Auburn Live expects a number of current football players to enter into the portal following the completion of spring camp. The Tigers also plan to add another quality haul of transfers coming into the program in the next two weeks.

Bookmark this page as we’ll link relevant stories, provide thoughts and track Auburn’s transfer situation during this spring window.

Spring transfers out

Tar’Varish Dawson

Jeffrey M’Ba

Kameron Brown

Desmond Tisdol

Running thoughts on Auburn’s spring transfers out

— Dawson, like M’Ba, had thought about entering the portal in the past. Following a spring where he wasn’t able to make a push into the starting rotation, Dawson entering the portal wasn’t a shocker. Auburn has Ja’Varrius Johnson and Jay Fair in the slot, both players who Hugh Freeze singled out for consistent spring efforts.

— M’Ba thought about entering the portal after last season, but stayed. He seemed to be happy about how things were going and his position change to defensive end when he spoke to the media during spring camp. Then again, M’Ba is a generally happy person. M’Ba was poised to play significant snaps this fall and provided important depth to the defensive line.

— Tisdol and Brown both announced their departures in the middle of spring camp. Neither contributed much and don’t really impact Auburn’s roster in a meaningful way.

for the record one of the podcasts i posted said something about no one being able to speak french or something of that nature and it was frustrating to him. i think i have this correct. at 67 i have to add that disclaimer......

• Like 1

7 hours ago, toddc said:

What we have so far is below.

ByCHRISTIAN CLEMENTE 39 minutes ago

6 Comments

LIVE UPDATES

Previous Notes:

QUARTERBACK

Quarterback

Looking to add: 1

Names we're tracking: Chance Nolan (Oregon State)

If Auburn's current quarterback room remains the same and no one departs, Auburn may not take a quarterback. But the assumption for a while now has been that T.J. Finley departs as a graduate transfer. If that happens, Auburn will be aggressive in looking for a quarterback to come in and compete with Robby Ashford, Holden Geriner and Hank Brown.

RUNNING BACK

Running Back

After adding Brian Battie in the early portal and Jeremiah Cobb on the way, Auburn doesn't have a need here.

WIDE RECEIVER

Transferring out: Tar'Varish Dawson

Names we're tracking: 

This is a big position of need this portal window. Expect Auburn to look heavily at adding the best receiver it can to the room, along with potentially a second receiver as well. The room was thinned in the spring with injuries, but still needs help.

TIGHT END

Like running back, with the addition of Rivaldo Fairweather Auburn is all set here.

OFFENSIVE LINE

Names we're tracking:

Auburn is still in need of one or two offensive linemen in this second portal window. Ideally, one offensive tackle and one interior guy or a swing guy who could play either spot. With the Tigers adding upperclassmen in Gunner Britton, Avery Jones and Dillon Wade in the first portal window, look for Auburn to search for younger talent to layer the depth chart here.

DEFENSIVE LINE

Transferring out: Jeffrey M'ba

Names we're tracking: 

This isn't a huge need for Auburn as it has quality depth, but if a true star defensive lineman enters the portal, don't be surprised to see Auburn give it a run. The room is pretty well layered now and has strong depth, even with M'ba's departure, but lacks a true star right now.

JACK LB

Transferring out: 

Names we're tracking: 

Undoubtedly one of Auburn's biggest needs, this is a room that's thin and one that lacks experience. Simply put, Auburn needs experience and bodies here. At least one addition feels like a near-guarantee, while adding a second wouldn't be a surprise, either.

LINEBACKER

Transferring out: Desmond Tisdol, Kameron Brown

Names we're tracking: 

After reserve linebackers in Tisdol and Brown departed, Auburn could look to add a little more depth to the room. But overall, after adding Austin Keys and DeMario Tolan in the first window, it's not a huge need.

CORNERBACK

Names we're tracking:

With Tyler Scott and Colton Hood on the way along with the emergence of Kayin Lee and a healthy J.D. Rhym after missing spring, Auburn doesn't have a huge need here. Adding a one-year rental at the spot to come in and help DJ James and Nehemiah Pritchett might not hurt, though.

SAFETY

6COMMENTS

Names we're tracking:

Auburn has Sylvester Smith, CJ Johnson and Terrance Love on the way this summer. Though, Love could end up shifting down to linebacker. Similar to cornerback, if the right name pops up Auburn may pursue, but it's not a huge spot of emphasis.

I like how this article alludes we will 'aggressively pursue a QB IF someone transfers out'. Makes it sound like QB isn't some dire need for us. Not my read of the situation at all. If we don't add a single QB, regardless if Finley leaves or not, HF should be absolutely blasted for it.

• Like 3

On 4/15/2023 at 4:44 PM, KansasTiger said:

I like how this article alludes we will 'aggressively pursue a QB IF someone transfers out'. Makes it sound like QB isn't some dire need for us. Not my read of the situation at all. If we don't add a single QB, regardless if Finley leaves or not, HF should be absolutely blasted for it.

We sure do need a QB.  We currently have a single-threat QB (Ashford can run), and the rest are pretty much zero-threat QBs. 

Powell Gordon to the portal 

Edited by W.E.D

4 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

Powell Gordon to the portal 

It is not a big loss but he was one of the players I wanted to see this coming Season. I thought he could do something on the edge. I wish him the best. 

3 minutes ago, maryland tiger said:

It is not a big loss but he was one of the players I wanted to see this coming Season. I thought he could do something on the edge. I wish him the best. 

I've had enough arguments about him that make the board mad, so I'll just stay quiet

50 minutes ago, W.E.D said:

I've had enough arguments about him that make the board mad, so I'll just stay quiet

hell why stop now?   lol  i kid so dunna get your skivies in a wad.........

1 hour ago, W.E.D said:

First huge red flag I had on Harsins recruiting. AU took him waaay early and no other SEC school was even sniffing around.

On 4/16/2023 at 5:59 PM, WillMunny said:

We sure do need a QB.  We currently have a single-threat QB (Ashford can run), and the rest are pretty much zero-threat QBs. 

Agree. Not sure who we could get, but the season will be dictated by QB play and we currently don’t have one that can win in this league. Got to be able to not only make the difficult throws, but the easier ones that can turn into big plays in the right hands. Yes, RA can run, but doesn’t seem to even be able to hit wide open receivers in practice. This will be a tough year I’m afraid, unless we can grab an experienced guy for this type of O. This is exactly why my expectations remain around 5/7 or 6/6. I also never expected a quick fix, so no real harm done. 

On 4/19/2023 at 2:25 PM, maryland tiger said:

Good kid and hard competitor, but talent wise should be at Troy, JSU or UNA.

• Like 1

Thomas Davis, a JACK prospect out of Miami, enters the portal

Another good JACK prospect for Auburn enters the portal

Matthew JacobsApr 27, 2023 2:11 PM EDT

Thomas Davis, a previous three-star prospect, that measures in at six-foot-two 220-pound edge rusher out of Valdosta, Georgia, has entered the transfer portal with intentions of leaving the University of Miami. 

Davis saw action in only one game in his freshman year and recorded one tackle in a 70-13 blowout against Bethune Cookman University. He was developing well and was expected to play for Miami but has chosen to take his abilities elsewhere. Originally, he was offered by Arkansas, Cincinnati, Florida State, Indiana, Mississippi State, and South Carolina, among others. He was the #44 ranked outside linebacker in the 2020 class who had amassed 89 tackles with 27 of those being for loss in high school. That includes 11.5 sacks in his junior year.

Auburn has offered one JACK edge rusher so far this portal season, Issac Ukwu out of James Madison. However, this is a position that needs more than one added body for depth. A good recruit with a strong skillset out of a Power 5 school would be just what the doctor ordered for the Auburn Defense. Keep it locked on Auburn Daily for any updates.

The Tigers have now had five players depart from the program within the last couple of weeks, including three backup linebackers:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Would be comical if we get their WR transfer and in effect trade WRs.

Just now, aublaise said:

Would be comical if we get their WR transfer and in effect trade WRs.

I hope that happens !!