A Day Thread

Win4AU

You literally can’t judge anything off of A day. It’s a glorified scrimmage and Freeze said as much lol. And apparently the weather is awful too. I don’t know how any can formulate a legit opinion on this. 

• Like 5

Hard to tell much of anything, but I did see enough from Sean Jackson that makes me think he should get some meaningful touches in the fall. At least in short yardage and goal line situations.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheDob06 said:

Hard to tell much of anything, but I did see enough from Sean Jackson that makes me think he should get some meaningful touches in the fall. At least in short yardage and goal line situations.

He looked good in his limited actual game time.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScotsAU said:

I learned nothing today.

TJ threw some great passes a few of which were dropped, but made a few bad pocket decisions.

Robbie moved the ball the best, but barely threw the ball. One of his passes was an abysmal read into triple coverage. 

Geriner just looked inconsistent. A few great plays and an equal number of bad ones.

But you also have to remember that rain was intense for a lot of the game. In weather like that, you have to have perfect execution. You aren’t going to have that when installing a new offense. 

So, I’d say the order for me right now is Ashford, TJ, Geriner. But that’s solely because that was the depth chart at the end of the season.

Sorry it was TJ that should’ve been picked off throwing into triple coverage 

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, Tigger1985 said:

Sorry it was TJ that should’ve been picked off throwing into triple coverage 

Yes, seemedike the exact same play Asford make the drive earlier 

I don't think our new TE caught the ball at all...or was even targeted 

Just an observation, no conclusions 

I sure hope we get a good QB through the portal.  We don't have an SEC-quality passer on the roster.  I can't believe TJ threw into triple coverage.  At the moment I thought it must have been a free play due to defensive offsides, but it wasn't.

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

WHO WAS JU Jones? i have not heard his name that i can remember. scout team maybe? and who was 14 on d that laid the wood on one of our rb;s? man that was a nice hit.

38 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

with every thing vanilla like dye used to say it is hard to see much other than effort. but sometimes we see a surprise or two. i think robby has improved but he still needs work. but he has the best set of wheels going forward so right now i think the position might be his to lose. to me a lot of improvement was made in three weeks and yet we have seen nothing. well the receivers are dropping too many balls. they need to catch in the rain as well so no excuses there they just need to get it done. does anyont thik we are not any better?

2 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

Is this the season Sean actually gets to see the field?

Doubt it. He’s not a bad player but there’s too many guys in front of him that’s good also 

2 hours ago, W.E.D said:

My QB Depth Chart.

1 Transfer A

2-4 Doesn't matter

Per our HC in less words, that assessment seems to be accurate. If QB play doesn’t somehow improve between now and September, this season will be no different than last. The O may not have the chance to rely on the D for the first few games, as in the past. New system, yes, but results and play need to change at least a bit. 

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

WHO WAS JU Jones? i have not heard his name that i can remember. scout team maybe? and who was 14 on d that laid the wood on one of our rb;s? man that was a nice hit.

Robert Woodyard-linebacker that had a huge hit if that’s what you’re talking about.

Edited by toddc

1 hour ago, WillMunny said:

I sure hope we get a good QB through the portal.  We don't have an SEC-quality passer on the roster.  I can't believe TJ threw into triple coverage.  At the moment I thought it must have been a free play due to defensive offsides, but it wasn't.

I can…he probably will transfer out if someone else comes in after spring ball for other schools end.

2 hours ago, WillMunny said:

It looks like Robbie may be our mudder horse but I agree, it doesn’t appear we have an SEC starting quarterback as of yet.

On a sidenote: in these weather conditions, it was tough to tell but it’s not like they’re never going to have to play in the rain some this fall.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DAG said:

You literally can’t judge anything off of A day. It’s a glorified scrimmage and Freeze said as much lol. And apparently the weather is awful too. I don’t know how any can formulate a legit opinion on this. 

Now I remember why I stopped looking at this board...you never stop posting and your're completely insufferable; 24 THOUSAND  posts and all of them negative.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Now I remember why I stopped looking at this board...you never stop posting and your're completely insufferable; 24 THOUSAND  posts and all of them negative.

Suck it @DAG

Sick burn, Dixie Baby!! Lmao this fool posting on a message board. LOSER

Edited by W.E.D
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

Justin Jones....I believe he is a walk on RB IIRC

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

What the hell.... @DAG just stating the obvious....

giphy.gif

• Like 1

2 hours ago, toddc said:

Robert Woodyard-linebacker that had a huge hit if that’s what you’re talking about.

if he was number 14 it was. hell it hurt me watching it.

6 hours ago, Win4AU said:

Looks gross.  I’m sure there is a good reason but having this game the same weekend as Easter and the Masters seems like a less than optimal time to attract people to the plains. 

Aka Stupid... Yes I will go ahead and say it.. Stupid..

• Like 1