Wes Flannigan

bigbird

Just now, DAG said:

Just confirming for obvious reasons.

Not just you, I went back and double checked I didn't say Allen. 

Just now, bigbird said:

Nope! I was like “is this dude serious ?”

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Other than Zep, the obvious choice if they can afford it would probably be K.T

I would say there are a lot of great choices that Bruce will be able  to choose from. Does this staff spot automatically have to be a former AU player? I’m sure Bruce will do his due diligence and get the best he can regardless of where the candidate graduated from. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Other than Zep, the obvious choice if they can afford it would probably be K.T

To quote Yoda from Empire strikes back, “there is another”.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Does this staff spot automatically have to be a former AU player

No, but a couple could be high targets.

39 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

I would say there are a lot of great choices that Bruce will be able  to choose from. Does this staff spot automatically have to be a former AU player? I’m sure Bruce will do his due diligence and get the best he can regardless of where the candidate graduated from. 

Based on a couple posts in here, there's other choices and possibly one much better. However, I don't think you're doing bad getting a guy who knows the unique challenges Auburn can face, played at Auburn, and just contributed to one of the biggest Final Four cinderellas ever lol. It's not like I'm asking him to do some nepotistic non-deserving pick 

1 hour ago, bigbird said:

Stop the back and forth or I’m going to have to get bird to… oh, wait 

Never mind! 😝 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, toddc said:

Stop the back and forth or I’m going to have to get bird to… oh, wait 

Never mind! 😝 

captain-america-ill-add-it-to-the-list.g

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

captain-america-ill-add-it-to-the-list.g

Wait, there’s a list? 

Just now, bigbird said:

You haven't heard?

I’m always the last one to know.

22 minutes ago, toddc said:

I’m always the last one to know.

Yes and no. 

2 hours ago, ellitor said:

To quote Yoda from Empire strikes back, “there is another”.

I kinda feel like Yoda would say "Another there is".  But I'm not a Star Wars superfan.

4 minutes ago, fishepa said:

I kinda feel like Yoda would say "Another there is".  But I'm not a Star Wars superfan.

Yoda There Is GIF - Yoda There Is Another - Discover & Share ...

7 hours ago, DAG said:

Yep! the sec is only getting tougher now. Wait till Texas get added to the schedule GAH 

Exactly!!! Beard turns programs around quickly. He has also shown that he can win alot with less talent, which is what he will probably have to do at Ole Miss. If they play defense the way his teams always have, then Ole Miss should be able to stay in most games all 40 minutes. Once he gets the roster like he wants it, they're gonna be a headache for the rest of the SEC. 

Speaking of Texas, I was really happy to see Rodney Terry get that job fulltime. That team could've easily folded after Beard was fired but Rodney coached them to an Elite Eight appearance. 

You're right about the SEC getting better. This conference is a juggernaut in every sport and then add in Texas and Oklahoma, jeez. The football, mens and women's basketball, softball and baseball national champions could all come from the SEC from now on and it wouldn't shock me. When they add Texas and Oklahoma, an SEC team could be ranked 10th in the nation but be 8th (midpack) in the conference. It's already this way in recruiting rankings. 

Like Hugh Freeze says, the SEC isn't for the faint of heart if you're a coach, player or fan. WDE

• Like 1

Man.  This makes me think that Allen is gone.  But also he could just stay his last year with Wes having a good opportunity to help beard in the SEC… man I hope AF comes back to auburn minus all the undeserved hate he has gotten.  He could be an okoro in my opinion if he continues to play like he did at the end.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bigbird said:

Well, first because it is titled with his dad's name, Wes. Secondly, Allen hasn't been mentioned anywhere. However, Cardwell was. So of the two names being talked about, you chose neither and looked great doing it. Thanks.

My apologies for thinking you were following the conversation.

You don't think that if Wes leaves Allen will go with him? That's been the thinking.

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

You don't think that if Wes leaves Allen will go with him? That's been the thinking.

Oh, wow

pivot-ross.gif

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Mikey said:

It hasn't been informed info though. The last few weeks it's been said by sources AF could stay at AU, follow his dad, or go pro. There hasn't been an indication yet what AF will do.

23 minutes ago, ellitor said:

It hasn't been informed info though. The last few weeks it's been said by sources AF could stay at AU, follow his dad, or go pro. There hasn't been an indication yet what AF will do.

I'm not predicting he'll stay at Auburn but AF might enjoy a season away from having his father on the bench. Playing for Beard might be enticing but appearing to be tagging along behind daddy wouldn't be imo.

• Like 2

While I think the Father is leaving for a chance to be a HC somewhere, I cannot help but notice he is doing so after his son has finished 4 years here at Auburn.  A chance to see/coach your son play at the highest level of competition is a big draw.  

This site and the fan base in general, hasn't been to kind to AF after his first season when we ALL loved his play.  How would you feel as a father if you had to see/hear all the negative things about your son for years...

I hope all parties (coach, player, and fans) find good homes to continue their pursuit of happiness going forward.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, 81spacetiger said:

While I think the Father is leaving for a chance to be a HC somewhere, I cannot help but notice he is doing so after his son has finished 4 years here at Auburn.  A chance to see/coach your son play at the highest level of competition is a big draw.  

This site and the fan base in general, hasn't been to kind to AF after his first season when we ALL loved his play.  How would you feel as a father if you had to see/hear all the negative things about your son for years...

I hope all parties (coach, player, and fans) find good homes to continue their pursuit of happiness going forward.

I hope so too. Also, Auburn wears the family moniker proudly but family can be hard on you at times. Expectations and results don't always align. I wouldn't mind if AF returns, it might be the best thing for him if dad is not on the bench. 

• Like 2

On 4/8/2023 at 11:09 AM, NWALA Tiger said:

This is just a guess,  but maybe it was time for a change for both parties

But we haven’t even seen them play.  How do we know they’ve improved yet?