Jimmy Rane

AU80cruiser

15 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

Again, how much wealth is required to become evil? Do you realize how many people he employs? How many people his wealth is providing medical benefits to. Then the jobs that are supported in the medical industry. Do you realize the taxes everyone up and down the line of his companies is paying to support your social welfare benefits? Everyone that works for him that buys a house, put how many people to work? Everyone that works for him buys cars, boats, furnishings for their homes? Do you realize how many people he employees and then how much of that employment trickles down? Just in homes and buildings: the roofers, the plumbers, the electricians, the Carpenter’s, the flooring people, the painters, the sheet rock and plaster people, the landscapers, the people working at the hardware stores, and the lumber companies that are furnishing the supplies for the homes.

Then we have the cars, all of the appliances and entertainment systems that go into the homes, the security systems that go into some of the homes, the driveways being poured the bricks, being laid, the painters, to include the people that make the paint at the factories, and then the people that work at the paint store, selling the paint to the painters, etc. etc. etc. 

Then we have the business travel that’s required for his employees. The vacations people take because they’re earning money in his companies. There are a number of people employed in the travel industry. From airline pilots to airline maintenance workers to people employed making the aircraft themselves. Next time you’re at an airport watch and see how many people are working at the airport to include the actual airfield and the aircraft itself etc. That wouldn’t happen without our companies employing tens of thousands of people making good money. 

As far as people starving in America? Free breakfast, free, lunch, free take-home snack, or dinner in our school system. Then after school: Food stamps, EBT card, WIC, checks, food banks at every large church, city rescue missions, other nonprofits food banks.

If adults are starving, they have only to look in the mirror to find blame. And again who pays the taxes for all of these food programs? Unfortunately, you cannot raise taxes on those of us that are willing to work and pay taxes to create a social welfare program that forces people to be good parents. You just can’t do it. If we could raise taxes to force better parenting, I would be the first one to voluntarily to pay more taxes. But you just can’t do it!

I got big respect for anyone that comes from nothing and makes something of theirs self. Don't matter to me who it is. Yellow Fellow has made a difference in alot of folks lives. I bet when he was starting his own business,  the word 

"cant" wasn't in his vocabulary. 

• Like 2

Pretty sure he's not the first person to have made money. Pretty sure he's not the first person to help someone. I watched the same people on here literally go on and on and keep creating threads and posts destroying a man that's a hero to a culture merely because they didn't want him for a coach for whatever reason. 

Then I watch those same people kumbaya now because it's someone they like for whatever reason and literally nobody even called this guy a bad person and you still got the stupid people are jealous and how could you not like him comments.

I'm just about having a standard and being thorough personally. Maybe it's my profession but I'm going to point out the inconsistencies and bull. I'm always going to do it. And it's always going to be inconsistent here and some of you guys are always going to be mad when I point it out. Nobody is ever going to make it right though. 

But we can move on because nobody is going to directly address the yeah you're right there is a big change in attitudes for certain "people" for whatever reason and here's an explanation. We're going to just go with the billionaire has a video showing good things, how can you not like it? 

Edited by cole256
  • Facepalm 2

On 4/8/2023 at 6:56 AM, Eagle-1 said:

Great video. 

Nothing is better than stories about self made men. 

Jimmy gets a lot of ignorant innuendo from people who have no idea what they are talking about. 

Yella Fella deserves alot of credit.  No telling how many people have got degrees at AU cause of his scholarship endowments. In addition to everything else his companies have done to help people in this state.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Again, how much wealth is required to become evil? Do you realize how many people he employs? How many people his wealth is providing medical benefits to. Then the jobs that are supported in the medical industry. Do you realize the taxes everyone up and down the line of his companies is paying to support your social welfare benefits? Everyone that works for him that buys a house, put how many people to work? Everyone that works for him buys cars, boats, furnishings for their homes? Do you realize how many people he employees and then how much of that employment trickles down? Just in homes and buildings: the roofers, the plumbers, the electricians, the Carpenter’s, the flooring people, the painters, the sheet rock and plaster people, the landscapers, the people working at the hardware stores, and the lumber companies that are furnishing the supplies for the homes.

Then we have the cars, all of the appliances and entertainment systems that go into the homes, the security systems that go into some of the homes, the driveways being poured the bricks, being laid, the painters, to include the people that make the paint at the factories, and then the people that work at the paint store, selling the paint to the painters, etc. etc. etc. 

Then we have the business travel that’s required for his employees. The vacations people take because they’re earning money in his companies. There are a number of people employed in the travel industry. From airline pilots to airline maintenance workers to people employed making the aircraft themselves. Next time you’re at an airport watch and see how many people are working at the airport to include the actual airfield and the aircraft itself etc. That wouldn’t happen without our companies employing tens of thousands of people making good money. 

That's a lot of words when you could have just said you like trickle down economics.

Billionaires don't create jobs. They simply concentrate them in one place. 

Consumer demand creates jobs. If Jimmy Rane never existed, do you think there would be no decks or fences in Alabama? Or would there be several other companies selling lumber?

I don't care if you like Jimmy Rane or not. I personally don't have a strong opinion. But your reasoning makes no sense to me. 

3 minutes ago, cbo said:

If Jimmy Rane never existed, do you think there would be no decks or fences in Alabama?

Of course there would be fences and decks. We would just need to replace them more often.

”if it doesn’t have that yellow tag, you don’t want it.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

Of course there would be fences and decks. We would just need to replace them more often.

”if it doesn’t have that yellow tag, you don’t want it.”

Replacing more often equals more jobs! So Rane is stealing jobs away from the people!

I'm just kidding, by the way. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, cbo said:

That's a lot of words when you could have just said you like trickle down economics.

Billionaires don't create jobs. They simply concentrate them in one place. 

Consumer demand creates jobs. If Jimmy Rane never existed, do you think there would be no decks or fences in Alabama? Or would there be several other companies selling lumber?

I don't care if you like Jimmy Rane or not. I personally don't have a strong opinion. But your reasoning makes no sense to me. 

Lol; it doesn’t make sense to you? Color me shocked!

So at what point do billionaires stop employing people? At what point do the numerous companies they own, partner with, do business with, stop employing people? Do they stop at the $100 million mark? Do they stop at the $500 million mark? Or do they stop employing people at the $1 billion mark? If you don’t like the term “trickle down” call it whatever you want. It remains that our wealthiest, corporations, wealthiest businesses employ the most Americans, and pay the most taxes as the top 20% of wage earners pay 60% to 70% of the total tax.

This of course is besides all of the taxes the people they employ pay. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AU-24 said:

So at what point do billionaires stop employing people? At what point do the numerous companies they own, partner with, do business with, stop employing people? Do they stop at the $100 million mark? Do they stop at the $500 million mark? Or do they stop employing people at the $1 billion mark? If you don’t like the term “trickle down” call it whatever you want. It remains that our wealthiest, corporations, wealthiest businesses employ the most Americans, and pay the most taxes as the top 20% of wage earners pay 60% to 70% of the total tax.

It's impossible to have an honest discussion with you, because you constantly argue against points that no one made and refuse to address points that were made. it's so weird. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, cbo said:

It's impossible to have an honest discussion with you, because you constantly argue against points that no one made and refuse to address points that were made. it's so weird. 

And that is the best you have, based on your argument? Billionaires don’t have paid employees? Millionaires don’t pay for their employees healthcare, and the health care of their employees? 

Now let’s look at who pays for the social welfare benefits, you enjoy:

https://www.ntu.org/foundation/tax-page/who-pays-income-taxes

New data from the IRS find that the top 25 percent of earners paid nearly 89 percent of all income taxes in 2020. 

Edited by AU-24

18 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

And that is the best you have, based on your argument? Billionaires don’t have paid employees? Millionaires don’t pay for their employees healthcare, and the health care of their employees? 

Now let’s look at who pays for the social welfare benefits, you enjoy:

https://www.ntu.org/foundation/tax-page/who-pays-income-taxes

New data from the IRS find that the top 25 percent of earners paid nearly 89 percent of all income taxes in 2020. 

No, it's not the best I have.

But this is getting political, so let's move it over to the political forum, huh? I've already started the thread. See you there.

My take on these type of videos is that they are great stories and should be taken with a grain of salt. Unless you know the guy personally, one fluff video or one hit piece should not determine whether the guy is good or not. Of the people I've met that have had similar fluff videos, some are exactly like they are portrayed and some are nothing like how they are portrayed in the videos. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

5 hours ago, arein0 said:

My take on these type of videos is that they are great stories and should be taken with a grain of salt. Unless you know the guy personally, one fluff video or one hit piece should not determine whether the guy is good or not. Of the people I've met that have had similar fluff videos, some are exactly like they are portrayed and some are nothing like how they are portrayed in the videos. 

This is part of what I was saying as well. I wouldn't know one way or the other how "good" this guy really is. My point is if he wasn't that good he'd still be able to make a video just like this. 

My other point is most of these same people talked down on another man that has helped a bunch of people as well, so why was it ok to down one man, but this particular man is supposedly untouchable? 

Nobody has been able to explain that of course, so far it's just ignore that and repeat how good this guy is. I guess the people he may have helped are better than the people the other man have helped. And we have individual stories of people

Sanders helped even in the past when there was no media attention and it was said how he was selfish. Nobody came in to say how they have respect for a man that came from nothing and made it into something. This guy I've seen multiple people say imagine the good he's done......imagine the scholarships.....and not only can you not call him selfish nobody said one bad thing about him and people still came in and defended him, even when it was nothing to defend

• Like 1

8 hours ago, AU-24 said:

Small business Mom and Pops employ like 80% of the American workers. Who would u rather work for, someone who is rich and made a successful business or someone poor? 🤔.. I have trouble with the mentality of.. Hey this cats made it .. Let's penalized the crap out of him for bootstrapping his business and making something of himself or let's tell him how he should " distribute " the money he has made. It blows my mind. BTW, this applies to ANYONE who has overcome the odds and become successful,  not just Yella Fella. He just happened to be the subject of the thread

Edited by NWALA Tiger

Hey folks, if you want to talk about Jimmy Rane as it pertains to his influence (good or bad) on Auburn and Auburn athletics, carry on.

If you want to get into the weeds about the political and moral aspects of wealth, inequities of wealth distribution in this country, the moral/political/legal issues of business ownership and how his workers are compensated or any related matters - start a thread on the politics forum.

Thank you.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Hey folks, if you want to talk about Jimmy Rane as it pertains to his influence (good or bad) on Auburn and Auburn athletics, carry on.

If you want to get into the weeds about the political and moral aspects of wealth, inequities of wealth distribution in this country, the moral/political/legal issues of business ownership and how his workers are compensated or any related matters - start a thread on the politics forum.

Thank you.

How do you feel? I know of course money helps and money is needed. But do you think it's good for people with money to have influence within a program?

23 minutes ago, cole256 said:

How do you feel? I know of course money helps and money is needed. But do you think it's good for people with money to have influence within a program?

Money does more than help, it, particularly now with NIL, drives the program.   Without money, there is no FOF, no Neville Arena, and fewer 4 and 5 stars.   Like it or not, NIL is what is driving most recruiting decisions and NIL=$$$$.   As to your question about influence, people with money, particularly self-made vs inherited, are people who generally possess wisdom and use that wisdom to make good decisions and choices.   Personally, I want wise people to have influence.   Regardless of what any of us think, it always has been and always will be the case at Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, etc.        

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I think it's neither inherently good or bad.  It depends on the person or people. 

I also think it's unavoidable.  I don't know of a successful football/athletics program in this country that isn't steered by a small handful of rich people or even just one rich person.  This is not a democratic, egalitarian enterprise and it probably never has been.  No school can wrangle enough small to medium sized donors to make big things happen to offset what a few uber rich folks who are deeply invested can do.

• Like 1

Forbes is a very reputable and highly respected media company.  I don't think they would try to sway something one way or another so I don't think this is necessarily a fluff piece.

Edited by abw0004
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LPTiger said:

Money does more than help, it, particularly now with NIL, drives the program.   Without money, there is no FOF, no Neville Arena, and fewer 4 and 5 stars.   Like it or not, NIL is what is driving most recruiting decisions and NIL=$$$$.   As to your question about influence, people with money, particularly self-made vs inherited, are people who generally possess wisdom and use that wisdom to make good decisions and choices.   Personally, I want wise people to have influence.   Regardless of what any of us think, it always has been and always will be the case at Auburn, Alabama, Georgia, Arkansas, etc.        

Wise in business and wise in football are two different things. And let's be real football has more minorities playing than anything, a program just placing a bunch of people that are out of touch, or even worse don't care at all about the people or their culture isn't going to be successful.

Also a bunch of what you are saying is good in theory, but it wasn't too long ago we had our card pulled and it was shown how we were second rate in so many things as far as the program. Players didn't even have access to gear and equipment.....I'm assuming Jimmy has been rich for quite sometime, the money must have been getting stolen or something because we didn't have anything to show from it

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

I think it's neither inherently good or bad.  It depends on the person or people. 

I also think it's unavoidable.  I don't know of a successful football/athletics program in this country that isn't steered by a small handful of rich people or even just one rich person.  This is not a democratic, egalitarian enterprise and it probably never has been.  No school can wrangle enough small to medium sized donors to make big things happen to offset what a few uber rich folks who are deeply invested can do.

I agree. I don't have any statistics at all, but I bet the most successful programs are the ones where the donors donate and the people that they hired handle the football stuff. No different than the NFL. The people that do too much usually aren't the successful people.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm assuming Jimmy has been rich for quite sometime, the money must have been getting stolen or something because we didn't have anything to show from it

You really don't think we have anything to show from Jimmy's money...?

Edited by abw0004

17 hours ago, cole256 said:

So it would be asinine for me to come and start saying stuff like he's selfish, he's only looking out for himself, he's a con man and I don't know anything about him huh? 

It would also be suspect if I had all of this to say about him and some other guy comes up on here and I start checking everybody and telling everybody not to say anything about him would it not?

I guarantee you if we started talking about Jimmy Rane being considered for President of the University or A.D. this board would come alive with criticism. But we're not looking at him through that lens. (Btw I was a Deion supporter from way back when you and I had a short exchange in 2019 iirc) 

9 minutes ago, abw0004 said:

You really don't think we have anything to show from Jimmy's money...?

I think calling yourself a top ten program and then it actually turns out guys couldn't get equipment and clothes doesn't lead anybody to think there's a billionaire backing that program.

I think, actually I know there are plenty of programs that doesn't have a bunch of money backing them but their players can get the bare necessities no problem. 

I know if it was someone that the major demographic on here didn't care for or relate to had a piece talking about how much money they have and people they helped and it came about the players were having trouble getting equipment a bunch of people would point that out....

I literally have watched it multiple times from players to coaches to administration. It's cool when one person does it and then it's a problem when another does or doesn't do the same thing

32 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Wise in business and wise in football are two different things. And let's be real football has more minorities playing than anything, a program just placing a bunch of people that are out of touch, or even worse don't care at all about the people or their culture isn't going to be successful.

Also a bunch of what you are saying is good in theory, but it wasn't too long ago we had our card pulled and it was shown how we were second rate in so many things as far as the program. Players didn't even have access to gear and equipment.....I'm assuming Jimmy has been rich for quite sometime, the money must have been getting stolen or something because we didn't have anything to show from it

The second sentence contains an incomplete thought ..."a program just placing a bunch of people"...   Do you mean placing a bunch of people [in control]?   Regardless, reading this post in conjunction with your earlier post suggests that what you are saying is "people with money and who have influence in Auburn's program are either (1) out of touch or (2) don't care at all about the people [minorities] or their culture."    Am I understanding you correctly?