America's Race to the Bottom

An interesting and seemingly unbiased article by the WSJ. Makes one think about the state of our politics. 

Trump Indictment Accelerates America’s Race to the Bottom - WSJ

If this link requires you to have a subscription try here:

RealClearPolitics - Live Opinion, News, Analysis, Video and Polls

Edited by Son of A Tiger
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

An interesting and seemingly unbiased article by the WSJ. Makes one think about the state of our politics.

trump lashed out at everyone. he used people until he no longer needed them. it used to be we honored our war dead and our POW's. and you people did the same damn thing to bill. he had an affair and lied about it.yall made him grovel on world news. you guys censured him and you probably forgot but many on your side wanted him impeached and removed. by the way i am not paying or even registering to read that mess. the link is faulty an cannot be read. but i addressed what i could anyway..............grins

On 4/6/2023 at 4:54 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

If this link requires you to have a subscription try here:

RealClearPolitics - Live Opinion, News, Analysis, Video and Polls

I honestly don't see how you can say that was unbiased. The majority of the second paragraph alone tells us what we're in for, though I give them credit for at least admitting Trump lost the election.

Also laughable that they claim the "violation of norms" began under Obama. Gingrich was the one who kicked this sort of thing into high gear.

Most of all, though, two of their main arguments are garbage. First, they claim that most people think the payments to Daniels were personal, instead of campaign related, and that is " the opposite of the theory in the New York indictment," which isn't correct. Nobody disputes it was personal. The problem is that Trump used campaign funds to pay for it.

The second is the fact they say this whole thing was no big deal, because this had no effect on anything and there was no "victim," but the whole point of the fraud was so the general public wouldn't find out about it in order to allow him to get elected. Trump didn't win by much. If this information had been public, would he have been elected?

There are certainly things that can be questioned about this case. This article doesn't add anything worthwhile to that.

Edited by Leftfield
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, aubiefifty said:

trump lashed out at everyone. he used people until he no longer needed them. it used to be we honored our war dead and our POW's. and you people did the same damn thing to bill. he had an affair and lied about it.yall made him grovel on world news. you guys censured him and you probably forgot but many on your side wanted him impeached and removed. by the way i am not paying or even registering to read that mess. the link is faulty an cannot be read. but i addressed what i could anyway..............grins

sounds like most ex-wives to me....:wavey:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Leftfield said:

I honestly don't see how you can say that was unbiased. The majority of the second paragraph alone tells us what we're in for, though I give them credit for at least admitting Trump lost the election.

Also laughable that they claim the "violation of norms" began under Obama. Gingrich was the one who kicked this sort of thing into high gear.

Most of all, though, two of their main arguments are garbage. First, they claim that most people think the payments to Daniels were personal, instead of campaign related, and that is " the opposite of the theory in the New York indictment," which isn't correct. Nobody disputes it was personal. The problem is that Trump used campaign funds to pay for it.

The second is the fact they say this whole thing was no big deal, because this had no effect on anything and there was no "victim," but the whole point of the fraud was so the general public wouldn't find out about it in order to allow him to get elected. Trump didn't win by much. If this information had been public, would he have been elected?

There are certainly things that can be questioned about this case. This article doesn't add anything worthwhile to that.

The real violation of norms began in earnest during GWB 2nd term. The MSM and certain democrats attacked him mercilessly.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, PUB78 said:

The real violation of norms began in earnest during GWB 2nd term. The MSM and certain democrats attacked him mercilessly.

With good reason.  

19 hours ago, PUB78 said:

Funny how a financial crisis and, two ongoing wars will do that.  Funny how he left office with the lowest approval ratings since Truman.

• Like 1