LSU’s Angel Reese Rejects Jill Biden’s ‘Apology’ for Iowa Comments: ‘We’ll Go to the Obamas’

Auburn85

54 minutes ago, homersapien said:

Wow.  What a perfect illustration of how crazy our country has become (thanks largely to social media).

IMO, Jill Biden - perhaps naively - was trying to acknowledge the historical and cultural significance of a championship game which will likely change the status of NCAA women's basketball in this country. 

Her suggestion was maybe not a good idea, and I doubt it would have even happened.

Angel Reese's reaction was excessive and without grace. She could have expressed her position in a much more tactful and respective manner.

For anyone to suggest Jill Biden had a racist motivation is simply insane. 

i used to think these people surely are not that stupid but i was wrong. i am hoping some are just trying to get me riled up and not really that stupid. and i mean that. stupid.

Bias has been revealed.  Racism is not strictly hate.  Racism is also bias.

Unfortunately, that bias is not simply personal, often not even conscious.  It is revealed as cultural.  We still have work to do.

• Like 1

Still, there is some of the overt, hateful racism at work here.  The same people who jumped on this and immediately went to Twitter are the same ones who attack any black person for making any sort of statement about equality.

Jlll Biden tried to talk to the LSU team in their locker room before the game and they wouldn't let her speak to the team.

https://nypost.com/2023/04/05/angel-reese-lsu-wouldnt-let-jill-biden-into-locker-room/

• Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, icanthearyou said:

Bias has been revealed.  Racism is not strictly hate.  Racism is also bias.

Unfortunately, that bias is not simply personal, often not even conscious.  It is revealed as cultural.  We still have work to do.

Ah yes, the ever changing definition of racism.

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/angel-reese-confirms-shell-go-to-the-white-house-after-jill-biden-comments-its-not-about-jill-or-joe-its-about-the-team/

Angel Reese Confirms She’ll Go to the White House After Jill Biden Comments: ‘It’s Not About Jill or Joe… It’s About the Team’

Edited by Auburn85

On 4/5/2023 at 6:20 PM, arein0 said:

Since you seem to be very ignorant on what happened, here is an article that helps explain what happened.

"On several occasions during the tournament, Clark was praised for appearing to taunt her opponents on the court.

On Friday, ESPN ran a segment called "Caitlin Clark: The Queen of Clap Backs" which highlighted the Iowa star's trash talk, including when she told a Louisville player, "You're down 15 points, shut up," in an earlier round of the competition.

Caitlin Clark Breaks Down After March Madness Championship Loss: 'We Have a Lot to Be Proud Of'
But while Clark's taunts were met with praise from the media and users on Twitter, Reese was harshly criticized for the same behavior towards Clark on Sunday."

https://people.com/sports/angel-reese-caitlin-clark-feud-everything-to-know-march-madness/

Exactly. CC is a first-class trash talker. If you want to shut up a trash talker, "Beat that Ass." LSU did just that.