1986 Flashback to #15 Mississippi State Game

StatTiger

Love that team. What a crew of running backs and players. Fullwood with 88 yard TD around 7:40 mark. Recall watching that game in entirety at Chief Buffalos in Columbia SC. One of the old original wing bar and grills. Was out of town on business and tipped the bar manager up front and generously to ensure television I was watching stayed on that game. 

• Love 2

Brent Fullwood was an absolute beast! Maybe the most underrated running back in Auburn history. I believe, I could be wrong, that coach Dye she Brent was the second most talented running back he has ever coached. 

5 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

Brent Fullwood was an absolute beast! Maybe the most underrated running back in Auburn history. I believe, I could be wrong, that coach Dye she Brent was the second most talented running back he has ever coached. 

Not a lot of drop off from Bo to Brent and those are Coach Dye words. Brent was named All American. In my mind Tim Jessie was one that was underrated. He would have been a starter with more opportunities anywhere else in the nation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, SaltyTiger said:

In my mind Tim Jessie was one that was underrated.

Yes. And Collis Campbell too. We were stacked at RB. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, maryland tiger said:

Brent Fullwood was an absolute beast! Maybe the most underrated running back in Auburn history. I believe, I could be wrong, that coach Dye she Brent

I agree. Funny though, I remember him being referred to as “Fumblewood” early on because he was pretty loose with the ball. 😅

15 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

I agree. Funny though, I remember him being referred to as “Fumblewood” early on because he was pretty loose with the ball. 😅

Seems I recall that. My Bammer friends referred to him as “Fleetwood”.

Poor Don Smith!  I take it he didn't go on to win the Heisman that year?  LOL

Fullwood might have won it if Bo hadn't just won it the year before.  He was a beast and reached top speed as fast as anyone I've ever seen.

On 4/5/2023 at 2:15 PM, maryland tiger said:

Fullwood was my favorite back of the 80s…I would have loved to have seen what Collis Campbell could have done as a featured back! James Bostic and Kenny Irons came along and made me rethink things regarding my favorite. Bo is and will always be my favorite Auburn Tiger! We have had some talented RBs! 

• Like 2

On 4/5/2023 at 2:42 PM, Swamp Eagle said:

Debbie Webb was in her prime!

Only 2 reactions proves how young this board is...trust me about the prime of Debbie Webb! She had as much sideline airtime as the players...

Forgot how stacked that defense was; Tracy Rocker, Andrey Bruce, Craig Ogletree, Ron Stallworth, Nate Hill, Kurt Crane, Shan Morris, Alvin Briggs to name a few. Serious accumulation of talent

• Like 1

Great time to be alive.......Graduated HS in Spring prior to season game was on my birthday future was bright😊