Freeze on Hunter: Best I’ve Ever Coached

AU-24

Jarquez Hunter is the best running back Hugh Freeze has ever coached, Freeze said Monday.

“I think Jarquez is special, I do,” Freeze said. “I think he’s probably the best running back I’ve ever coached, truthfully. I haven’t had a lot of great ones, but I think he’s a really, really good running back.”

https://oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/hugh-freeze-says-jarquez-hunter-best-running-back-he-has-coached/article_94793ce4-d273-11ed-8f33-b7816415a7e9.html

Looking at his players at Ole Miss, this isn't a difficult hurdle to clear.  We've probably had 5 better RBs in the last decade than Hugh has ever coached.  Hopefully our OL can live up to it's promise and open huge holes for Cowboy, he's got the straight line break away speed to make a lot of noise

Edited by W.E.D
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, W.E.D said:

Looking at his players at Ole Miss, this isn't a difficult hurdle to clear.  We've probably had 5 better RBs in the last decade than Hugh has ever coached.  Hopefully our OL can live up to it's promise and open huge holes for Cowboy, he's got the straight line break away speed to make a lot of noise

i expect cowboy to be a monster this year. people will rightly or wrongly say he is better than tank but i believe tank would just kill it with a decent line. the man had to break tackles in the backfield and then breaking tackles past the line of scrimmage. i bet he stayed frustrated a lot.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

i expect cowboy to be a monster this year. people will rightly or wrongly say he is better than tank but i believe tank would just kill it with a decent line. the man had to break tackles in the backfield and then breaking tackles past the line of scrimmage. i bet he stayed frustrated a lot.

Tank would have been unbelievable with a good to great Oline.  Kinda like Barry Sanders would be untouchable if he’d have been anywhere other than Detroit.

• Like 3