Don Jr. tweet picture of judge's daughter.

AU9377

1 hour ago, wdefromtx said:

It's ok to drag family members into the argument as long as it aligns with the side you are on. That is what I am seeing here. LOL

This is nothing like criticism of the Trump adult children who actually worked inside the White House.

• Love 1
  • Facepalm 1

2 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

This is nothing like criticism of the Trump adult children who actually worked inside the White House.

I am not referring to his children.

I am referring to Clarence Thomas and his wife. It does not matter the court level, it does not matter the fact that the judge isn't who brought the case forward. 

Either you think a judge will be biased based on a family member or they won't. You can't say it is right for people to assume JCT will be biased because of his wife's stance and that it is wrong for people to assume this judge will be biased. 

Which I add is okay for this to be called out..............now I don't agree in the way he did it. It could have been achieved just as easily without the photo. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, AU9377 said:

You didn't actually answer any of the questions I asked.  Here's a few more. Do you think the DOJ would have ever pursued Cohen at all had they not seen him as an avenue to "get Trump".? Do you think that the DOJ knew how biased news organizations like PBS would report this? An entire detailed story about Cohen's campaign finance violations and then at the end this statement: Cohen was sentenced Wednesday not just for the campaign finance offenses, but also for tax evasion and bank fraud.  Do you think you get off with a year in prison for hiding $15 million in income and bank fraud? Why did Cohen get such a light sentence?

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, Cardin Drake said:

You didn't actually answer any of the questions I asked.  Here's a few more. Do you think the DOJ would have ever pursued Cohen at all had they not seen him as an avenue to "get Trump".? Do you think they knew that the DOJ knew how biased news organizations like PBS would report this? An entire detailed story about Cohen's campaign finance violations and then at the end this statement: Cohen was sentenced Wednesday not just for the campaign finance offenses, but also for tax evasion and bank fraud.  Do you think you get off with a year in prison for hiding $15 million in income and bank fraud? Why did Cohen get such a light sentence?

Those Trump blinders you have on make it difficult.

The TRUMP Dept. of Justice charged Cohen.  I don't believe that the DOJ spends one second concerned about how PBS will report something.  Important to note is that the BIDEN DOJ decided not to pursue charges against Trump.  They did that for the good of the country, not because the same facts did not exist.  Right wing media is literally destroying the fabric of this country.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
  • Dislike 1

49 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

I'm not a big fan of that either, but at least that is a public demonstration directed at the judge, not his family.  Don Jr. knew that what he was doing was inappropriate.  He still found time, between selling supplements, to go after the judge's family.

So showing up at someone’s residence is not family related?  Are you serious? Whether intended or not, the family sees it.  You can’t be that naive.   As far as Don Jr,  you can infer his intentions all you want but it doesn’t change the fact that she worked for a campaign.   Which by the way, makes you a public official if she was a full time staffer.   

• Like 2

Trump DOJ, LOL.  Biden DOJ acting for the good of the country. LMAO.  Weaponization of the DOJ, not laughing at all.

Edited by Cardin Drake
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

Those Trump blinders you have on make it difficult.

The TRUMP Dept. of Justice charged Cohen.  I don't believe that the DOJ spends one second concerned about how PBS will report something.  Important to note is that the BIDEN DOJ decided not to pursue charges against Trump.  They did that for the good of the country, not because the same facts did not exist.  Right wing media is literally destroying the fabric of this country.

And the left wing media isn’t doing the same?  This place has gone bat shi$$y.   

Edited by aubaseball
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, AUFAN78 said:

We disagree. Showing bias as clearly the case is relevant. Change my mind.

How about the wife of a judge? 

Seems to me that would be even more relevant than an adult child.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TexasTiger said:

Disappointed in you, Salty. If one wants to build a case for bias and mention the daughter’s political activity as part of a coherent argument, okay. But that doesn’t require a picture. In the case of Trump, anybody not wearing a MAGA hat and Let’s Go Brandon shirt is a deeply biased and evil Trump hater who deserves whatever happens to them. This is just the latest in a pattern of indefensible behavior but you just can’t control that inclination to defend & justify.

Of course, always a bit disappointed in myself when trying to defend a Trump. It is a tough thing to do.

• Like 1

More news at 1. Lmao. The hand wringing over this is something else. 

3 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

You didn't actually answer any of the questions I asked.  Here's a few more. Do you think the DOJ would have ever pursued Cohen at all had they not seen him as an avenue to "get Trump".? Do you think they knew that the DOJ knew how biased news organizations like PBS would report this? An entire detailed story about Cohen's campaign finance violations and then at the end this statement: Cohen was sentenced Wednesday not just for the campaign finance offenses, but also for tax evasion and bank fraud.  Do you think you get off with a year in prison for hiding $15 million in income and bank fraud? Why did Cohen get such a light sentence?

trump invites his own troubles with his mouth and rhetoric. he is unstable and had people fired up wanting to hang someone over a lie.  he tried many times to screw the election in his favor. he thinks he can do what he wants with no repercussions and he is finding out now what the word karma means. and i am sure cohen got off light to turn evidence. it happens all the time.

• Dislike 1

1 hour ago, SaltyTiger said:

Of course, always a bit disappointed in myself when trying to defend a Trump. It is a tough thing to do.

he is a turd and it shows a bad look on your part. you know he brings most of this on himself.

• Dislike 1

4 hours ago, aubaseball said:

And the left wing media isn’t doing the same?  This place has gone bat shi$$y.   

Honestly, no. There is one news organization that has now admitted in court that their on air personalities intentionally misled their viewers and told them what they wanted to hear concerning the 2020 election.  ONE.  That is Fox.  We have to stop pretending that they all do it because they don't all do it to the same extent.

Does CNN race bait issues?  Absolutely.  I can't stand it when I see it. Are they left of center?  Again, yes.  However, neither CNN, NBC, ABC or any other mainstream news organization goes to the lengths that Fox, Newsmax and their ilk goes to in distorting information to fit their narrative.

This is an example.... Is it too much for them to actually look at the indictment and explain why it is weak as filed in State Court?  Instead, they would rather make personal attacks.  It is sexier and obviously their viewers respond to that in a way that keeps them tuned in.

https://www.mediamatters.org/donald-trump-jr/right-wing-media-attack-daughter-judge-handling-trumps-arraignment

• Facepalm 2

4 hours ago, Cardin Drake said:

Trump DOJ, LOL.  Biden DOJ acting for the good of the country. LMAO.  Weaponization of the DOJ, not laughing at all.

If weaponized, why didn't they file federal charges? The facts are there, as they were with Cohen.  Saying something doesn't make it true, no matter how many times Trump says it.

4 hours ago, aubaseball said:

So showing up at someone’s residence is not family related?  Are you serious? Whether intended or not, the family sees it.  You can’t be that naive.   As far as Don Jr,  you can infer his intentions all you want but it doesn’t change the fact that she worked for a campaign.   Which by the way, makes you a public official if she was a full time staffer.   

typical right wing response while you guys cry about your daddy trump at the same time. it was low ball and you know it. judges get threatened all the time so they are careful about family photos being released. oh and the right claims the same privilege. this is a bad look for you.

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, AU9377 said:

Honestly, no. There is one news organization that has now admitted in court that their on air personalities intentionally misled their viewers and told them what they wanted to hear concerning the 2020 election.  ONE.  That is Fox.  We have to stop pretending that they all do it because they don't all do it to the same extent.

Does CNN race bait issues?  Absolutely.  I can't stand it when I see it. Are they left of center?  Again, yes.  However, neither CNN, NBC, ABC or any other mainstream news organization goes to the lengths that Fox, Newsmax and their ilk goes to in distorting information to fit their narrative.

This is an example.... Is it too much for them to actually look at the indictment and explain why it is weak as filed in State Court?  Instead, they would rather make personal attacks.  It is sexier and obviously their viewers respond to that in a way that keeps them tuned in.

https://www.mediamatters.org/donald-trump-jr/right-wing-media-attack-daughter-judge-handling-trumps-arraignment

Dude, they literally have gone line by line in tearing apart this indictment.   If you think the other media networks are fair, you watch with your eyes and ears closed.   Just watch with an open mind.  They literally won’t say anything negative about Biden.  The southern border is a complete joke and they won’t even report on it.   Yet when Trump was in office, it was coverage every day.  The networks aren’t even close to being fair and I’m not talking about this one indictment.   

• Like 3

3 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

typical right wing response while you guys cry about your daddy trump at the same time. it was low ball and you know it. judges get threatened all the time so they are careful about family photos being released. oh and the right claims the same privilege. this is a bad look for you.

Get off the bong my man.  You aren’t even making sense.   Everything I said is the truth.   This is truly a circus with some on here.   I could care less about Trump.  There is hypocrisy on both sides, it’s a shame you can’t see it.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, aubiefifty said:

he is a turd and it shows a bad look on your part. you know he brings most of this on himself.

Thank you. Don’t want to “look” bad.

18 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

Dude, they literally have gone line by line in tearing apart this indictment.   If you think the other media networks are fair, you watch with your eyes and ears closed.   Just watch with an open mind.  They literally won’t say anything negative about Biden.  The southern border is a complete joke and they won’t even report on it.   Yet when Trump was in office, it was coverage every day.  The networks aren’t even close to being fair and I’m not talking about this one indictment.   

They spend so much more time attacking people than they do discussing policy that it makes them a joke. I haven't defended this indictment at all, but when the former President does his song and dance attacking everyone and taking no responsibility himself, it is difficult to understand why anyone would take him seriously.

Some of you need to get it out of your head that it matters if a judge is affiliated with one party or the other.  A judge is tasked with being impartial and applying the law.  If either side whines like this every time they go before a judge, the system is then a joke.  The other political party is not your enemy.  They are not a danger to the country.

Edited by AU9377
  • Facepalm 1

15 minutes ago, AU9377 said:

The other political party is not your enemy.  They are not a danger to the country.

Trump and republicans are the enemy according to some on this forum. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SaltyTiger said:

Trump and republicans are the enemy according to some on this forum. 

Trump was a dangerous President because he was one of the few Presidents in our history that had absolutely no regard for the office of the President.  Absolutely everything was and is about him.  Even so, the country is stronger than any one man.  The checks and safeguards held while he was President.  How many Generals re-assured their counterparts around the globe that Trump could not make unilateral dangerous decisions without being questioned?  Several. 

General Mattis put it best when he said the four years of Trump were years without "mature leadership."  He should know, being that he served as Sec of Defense until he couldn't take the incompetence any longer.  The one way Republicans can be assured of a second Biden term is to nominate Trump.

21 hours ago, wdefromtx said:

It's ok to drag family members into the argument as long as it aligns with the side you are on. That is what I am seeing here. LOL

By the room-temp-IQ-crowd it certainly is...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, TitanTiger said:

By this standard, literally every judge would have "bias."  A history of voting Republican.  A family member who worked for a Democrat.  A donation to a conservative candidate.  Being appointed by a liberal politician.  If this is how we're going to try and smear a judge and discredit a court case, no one is immune.  Will we have to change the standard so that Republican politicians who are charged with crimes only appear before Republican judges and vice versa with Democrats?

Just stop it.  It's amateur hour argumentation that should be beneath a critically thinking adult.

What’s the stretch that justices have biases?   Just look at any Supreme Court ruling.   They take cases all the time and have split decisions.   How does a case or topic come before a court and have such different views if biased opinions are not being expressed?  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, AU9377 said:

They spend so much more time attacking people than they do discussing policy that it makes them a joke. I haven't defended this indictment at all, but when the former President does his song and dance attacking everyone and taking no responsibility himself, it is difficult to understand why anyone would take him seriously.

Some of you need to get it out of your head that it matters if a judge is affiliated with one party or the other.  A judge is tasked with being impartial and applying the law.  If either side whines like this every time they go before a judge, the system is then a joke.  The other political party is not your enemy.  They are not a danger to the country.

What????are you over at 50’s house?

18 minutes ago, aubaseball said:

What’s the stretch that justices have biases?   Just look at any Supreme Court ruling.   They take cases all the time and have split decisions.   How does a case or topic come before a court and have such different views if biased opinions are not being expressed?  

It's a stretch to be dismissive of a judge's ability to apply the law correctly because of such considerations.  The mere fact that he has a daughter that worked on a Democrat campaign is enough for you to throw shade on the entire case.  It's lazy.

Should we hold as suspect every ruling that any Trump-appointed judge issues, particularly if it involves a Democrat or a conflict between a conservative or a progressive view on a matter, simply because Trump appointed them and they have conservative connections?  Of course not.  Neither should we just recycle right-wing talking points on this judge just because he's assigned to a case involving Lord Trump and hasn't summarily dismissed it already.

• Like 1