AU Men's Players Transferring

toddc

2 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I didn’t see anything on the court to warrant being upset with westry and especially yohan who’s a major project leaving. Westry has some Justin Powell to him in that westry his last 3 years of high school he went to 3 different schools and is now transferring after 1 year of even less production than Powell. Westry was also a 20 year old freshman who couldn’t even look good Vs the mid majors we played. The hurt thing is such a cop out. If he looked better when he got on the court he wouldn’t have been shut down.  Both him and yohan were just flat out liabilities when they played.

This is kind of where I’m at but somewhat willing to give Westry the benefit of the doubt, having been injured. Neither of them were what I expected. 

• Like 3

Just stinks we whiffed in such a big way in back to back classes that were so important to keeping the momentum going for our bball program. We knew we'd have a lot of spots to fill this season and next but now we are rolling into 2024 with possibly 1 HS signee to show for back to back recruiting classes. I'm glad 2024 class is looking great right now cause without that I'd really be questioning what the coaching staff was doing in that area. Well i guess i am questioning what they are doing but 2024 gives me hope they got a plan. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Just stinks we whiffed in such a big way in back to back classes that were so important to keeping the momentum going for our bball program. We knew we'd have a lot of spots to fill this season and next but now we are rolling into 2024 with possibly 1 HS signee to show for back to back recruiting classes. I'm glad 2024 class is looking great right now cause without that I'd really be questioning what the coaching staff was doing in that area. Well i guess i am questioning what they are doing but 2024 gives me hope they got a plan. 

100% agree. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GwillMac6 said:

I didn’t see anything on the court to warrant being upset with westry and especially yohan who’s a major project leaving. Westry has some Justin Powell to him in that westry his last 3 years of high school he went to 3 different schools and is now transferring after 1 year of even less production than Powell. Westry was also a 20 year old freshman who couldn’t even look good Vs the mid majors we played. The hurt thing is such a cop out. If he looked better when he got on the court he wouldn’t have been shut down.  Both him and yohan were just flat out liabilities when they played.

nailed-it-split.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, bigbird said:

r4ymo.gif

We better not be! It better be more like “we haven’t even started yet”

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, gravejd said:

A blended Mix of high school signees and transfers are the way to go. Flashy highly ranked high school kids grab all the headlines but as you are seeing adults win in March.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

49 minutes ago, bigbird said:

nailed-it-split.gif

I'm not trying to be difficult, but a week ago I got told not to worry when I aired my concern over Westry's play and future production, but now that he's leaving, his talent/production was suspect? Just trying to understand.

2 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

I'm not trying to be difficult, but a week ago I got told not to worry when I aired my concern over Westry's play and future production, but now that he's leaving, his talent/production was suspect? Just trying to understand.

By me?

4 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

42CD0E75-A2EF-40D3-92E4-1E108C8518D2.gif

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, KansasTiger said:

It was in the nest I believe.

image.thumb.png.90eb51c871098f03e4d79fd0f6eaf5f0.png

What about that?  When posted, he was staying.  His leaving was somewhat of a shock to the staff. It is what it is 

His injury did him in this year, your concern over his abilities was not warranted. He's talented but isn't what BP is looking for moving forward.

You're not as persecuted as you think

• Haha 2

I realize Westry did not produce this year but everything Bruce said about him indicated that Bruce thought he would be a star once healthy. So I am disappointed he is gone. Traore was not hurt and did not get better as year went on. Potential without production is not worth much so I am ok with Traore leaving. That doesn't mean Bruce doesn't have a plan. I have seen a lot of quality portal players at many positions say that Auburn is recruiting them hard. Now we need to see the fruits of our portal recruiting. I love Zep who is a quality man and who played his heart out and will probably be a great coach one day but was not the type of talent level we needed at Auburn. This year the portal must be an upgrade of the talent leaving as we have many needs. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, bigbird said:

What about that?  When posted, he was staying.  His leaving was somewhat of a shock to the staff. It is what it is 

His injury did him in this year, your concern over his abilities was not warranted. He's talented but isn't what BP is looking for moving forward.

You're not as persecuted as you think

Look, My intent wasn't trying to call you out, so I apologize. I was trying to understand. You agreed with what GWill said, and Gwill called out his abilities. But it just seemed some people's tune was different a week ago. I don't think that I am persecuted. 

It's fine, I'll drop it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AuburnNTexas said:

I realize Westry did not produce this year but everything Bruce said about him indicated that Bruce thought he would be a star once healthy

He did. They didn't want Him to leave.

• Like 1

Just now, KansasTiger said:

Look, My intent wasn't trying to call you out, so I apologize. I was trying to understand. You agreed with what GWill said, and Gwill called out his abilities. But it just seemed some people's tune was different a week ago. I don't think that I am persecuted. 

It's fine, I'll drop it. 

No need to apologize.  It was my misunderstanding. My apologies for my tone, It was unnecessary.

You're right in that some feelings have changed. I believe no longer wanting to be at Auburn changed that for some, right or not 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Its always you numnuts

are you a hunter golf? have you ever thought about going bird hunting? just curious.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

are you a hunter golf? have you ever thought about going bird hunting? just curious.

I'm a lover not a hunter......................now a little bird poison I would consider

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, GwillMac6 said:

A blended Mix of high school signees and transfers are the way to go. Flashy highly ranked high school kids grab all the headlines but as you are seeing adults win in March.

Totally agree that you need a mix. I think the ideal team is mostly guys your staff has signed and developed with a few impact transfers sprinkled in. Right now we don't have anyone to develop. 

No need to apologize.  It was my misunderstanding. My apologies for my tone, It was unnecessary.

You're right in that some feelings have changed. I believe no longer wanting to be at Auburn changed that for some, right or not 

it is so refreshing when someone on this site can apologize for something. many are too proud. take a bow bird.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Apologize?  Been trying to get Golf to call me a "numnuts" for the last two years,,, nothing.  You do it without even trying.  You are AUsome.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, augolf1716 said:

I'm a lover not a hunter......................now a little bird poison I would consider

i understand why mr golf. bird was talking about your little putter. we should at least salt his tail feathers even tho i have no idea what that would do actually.

1 minute ago, aubiefifty said:

i understand why mr golf. bird was talking about your little putter. we should at least salt his tail feathers even tho i have no idea what that would do actually.

When you don't have the big driver,,, you have to become a master with the putter.

• Haha 1