Hypocrisy 101

18 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Leave it to non better than Swiftboat John Kerry to try to rationalize his and other's use of private jets.

John Kerry rushes to defense of climate activist leaders who use private jets | Fox News

They are the best at it. 

• Like 2

On 3/27/2023 at 3:25 PM, Son of A Tiger said:

Leave it to non better than Swiftboat John Kerry to try to rationalize his and other's use of private jets.

John Kerry rushes to defense of climate activist leaders who use private jets | Fox News

These people do not give a damn about the environment. 

Carbon Offests...

Welcome to Carbon credits Where prices are made up and the climate really  dOesn't maTtEr - Drew Carey - Who's Line Is It Anyway | Make a Meme

• Like 4
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, AU9377 said:

Is this evidence that we should not be concerned with the environment?  Would it be better if he rode horse back?

Those are the only two options available in this day and age.

Flying solo in your own private jet. OR.... riding a horse.

:lol: 

But if you're being serious.... yeah a horse is better. 🤷‍♂️

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, AU9377 said:

Is this evidence that we should not be concerned with the environment?  Would it be better if he rode horse back?

It shows Kerry really is not concerned with the environment......shocker...right?!

Let em ride a donkey from now on. 

23 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

It shows Kerry really is not concerned with the environment......shocker...right?!

Let em ride a donkey from now on. 

Why do you believe that John Kerry is some threat to America?  Seriously.

Just now, AU9377 said:

Ummmm what are you talking about? When did I say he was a threat to America? Seriously.........

I said he really is not concerned about the environment. 

8 minutes ago, wdefromtx said:

Ummmm what are you talking about? When did I say he was a threat to America? Seriously.........

I said he really is not concerned about the environment. 

I'm no huge John Kerry fan, but I don't think he is disingenuous about his views on the climate.  Are all of his proposals feasible?  No.  However, it has nothing to do with a swift boat or whatever meme someone wants to throw out there.  He and his wife are wealthy beyond anything most can imagine. I can give them credit for doing some good with that wealth, instead of simply hoarding more.  I feel the same way about the Romneys.

On 3/30/2023 at 1:48 PM, AU9377 said:

No, but people that continue to use private jets when there are literally 1000 commercial flights available are definitely a threat.

Edited by DKW 86
  • Like 1
  • Dislike 1

WTG the poster found someone famous that is a hipocrit! 

FYI....We're all hipocrites.

Folks...We have much bigger problems in our country than identifying someone is a hipocrit. We need to pull together, democrat, republican or independent, and expect more from our government. 

Edited by creed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DKW 86 said:

No, but people that continue to use private jets when there are literally 1000 commercial flights available are definitely a threat.

And now Biden wants to ban normal light bulbs, even to the point of stopping stores for selling  them. Way to go Joe that's a huge step in our decreasing our pollution. I can't wait to see what's next:drippingsarcasm7pa:

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

And now Biden wants to ban normal light bulbs, even to the point of stopping stores for selling  them. Way to go Joe that's a huge step in our decreasing our pollution. I can't wait to see what's next:drippingsarcasm7pa:

You know this policy was initiated under Dubya? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Son of A Tiger said:

I'm confused. Are you saying LED light bulbs are or are not normal type light bulbs?

6 hours ago, creed said:

We need to pull together, democrat, republican or independent, and expect more from our government.

Exactly.  We must restore the government of the people. 

Campaign finance reform, end to paid lobbying, fair tax structure, reduce government outsourcing.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, icanthearyou said:

Exactly.  We must restore a government of the people. 

Campaign finance reform, end to paid lobbying, fair tax structure, reduce government outsourcing.

...and health care for all, smart gun control, responsible government spending, government debt reduction, and real education reform.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

It is as I said. Biden is dealing with light bulbs instead of real problems.

It was initiated under Bush. It will save significant money, lessen demand on the power grid, and lessen green house glasses and pollution— those aren’t problems? And it’s not like this is consuming his calendar.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/30/2023 at 2:04 PM, AU9377 said:

I'm no huge John Kerry fan, but I don't think he is disingenuous about his views on the climate.  Are all of his proposals feasible?  No.  However, it has nothing to do with a swift boat or whatever meme someone wants to throw out there.  He and his wife are wealthy beyond anything most can imagine. I can give them credit for doing some good with that wealth, instead of simply hoarding more.  I feel the same way about the Romneys.

I certainly think he is disingenuous on his views of the climate. He is another typical "do as I say and not as I do" politician. He only got rid of his family's private jet because of the backlash. Claiming that he is offsetting by buying carbon credits is laughable too. 

He attached himself to this cause like many of the other celebrities because it makes them feel good and most importantly.........they can financially benefit from it. If you want to claim you are trying to save the climate....don't show up to the conference in your private jets. 

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

15 hours ago, creed said:

...and health care for all, smart gun control, responsible government spending, government debt reduction, and real education reform.

When/if money is out of government/politics,,, the debt will decline.  We spend more on welfare for the wealthy than those in need.

We also need to end the privatization of government functions.  This version of "small government" is nothing more than a patronage scheme.  All it has done is drive the cost of government higher and higher.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, TexasTiger said:

It was initiated under Bush. It will save significant money, lessen demand on the power grid, and lessen green house glasses and pollution— those aren’t problems? And it’s not like this is consuming his calendar.

The advertised savings is a nit in the bigger picture.

• Dislike 1

5 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

The advertised savings is a nit in the bigger picture.

That's not true. In the past, lighting was a huge percentage of overall energy use. It has obviously improved, but It's still quite significant. Most people think about households in this regard, where adoption of new technologies tends to lag because of cost, but in industrial and particularly commercial sectors the reduction has been significant. I ran a brief search to try and find some charts to give an idea, but couldn't find much to show this specifically. Main one I found showed that between 2003 and 2013, the percentage of energy use in the commercial sector that went to lighting fell from 38% to 17%. That's enormous, particularly in a 10-year stretch.

I don't understand railing against improvements like this. In one breath you'll slam those that oppose increasing fossil fuel development, but in the next you do the same when they try to reduce energy consumption, so that perhaps that drilling won't be needed. 

• Like 2