Three 3rd graders, three adults killed by shooter at Nashville elementary school

TitanTiger

3 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

Guns are the common denominator in these cases. That’s a fact. And it’s a fact that shootings are now the leading cause for deaths of children. What narrative is that?

As I explained earlier; abortion in the leading cause of death in children and an AR-15 is not used.  That is the correct narrative.

3 hours ago, AUDynasty said:

I was talking about the narrative as being fixated on the shooter being transgender as opposed to yet another school shooting.

Who do you think is going to set the narrative?

• Like 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Wasn't put to vote in the Senate. 

You do know Biden had the House and Senate in the first two years of his Administration and passed no assault weapons ban.  He did sign an EO that didn’t do much.  Where was he in those two years?  He doesn’t care about an assault weapons ban as much as he wants to make the Republicans the fall guys for shootings.  He is a sad little man.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Dislike 1

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You do know Biden had the House and Senate in the first two years of his Administration and passed no assault weapons ban.  He did sign an EO that didn’t do much.  Where was he in those two years?  He doesn’t care about an assault weapons ban as much as he wants to make the Republicans the fall guys for shootings.  He is a sad little man.

Well, he did get the Safer Communities Act through, which was the first gun legislation passed in 30 years. And HR 1808 passed the House. It would have been doomed in the Senate, of course, but I'm sure since Biden wouldn't have been able to convince 10 Trump-era senators to change their votes, that proves you're correct about him and he doesn't really care.

Good to see you're as objective and reasonable as always.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, I_M4_AU said:

Republicans are so angry and paranoid about being blamed for gun violence every time another school shooting or public massacre occurs. Republicans can easily solve that problem by stepping up to the plate and working with Democrats to form common sense gun reform any time they want.

Take some responsibility for your parties actions and policy decisions. Republicans are only seen as the "bad guys" in these situations because they choose to be.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Leftfield said:

Well, he did get the Safer Communities Act through, which was the first gun legislation passed in 30 years. And HR 1808 passed the House. It would have been doomed in the Senate, of course, but I'm sure since Biden wouldn't have been able to convince 10 Trump-era senators to change their votes, that proves you're correct about him and he doesn't really care.

Good to see you're as objective and reasonable as always.

You can’t pass a law if you don’t even try.  I’m glad you are finally coming around.  Of course if he brought it to the Senate he would be able to *shame* the Republicans that didn’t vote for it.  Is he the leader you had hoped for?

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

You can’t pass a law if you don’t even try....

...Of course if he brought it to the Senate he would be able to *shame* the Republicans that didn’t vote for it.

Always good to see when you figure things out for yourself. I could hear the gears grinding from here.

Also, to the second statement: clearly Biden knew the bill wouldn't pass. Since he didn't ask for it to be brought to the floor in an attempt to "own the Pubes," could that possibly mean he might actually care about an assault weapons ban?!?!?

14 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

Is he the leader you had hoped for?

No, but then I knew he wouldn't be. I wanted someone better than Trump, and while that's admittedly a bar easily cleared by an upside-down pole vaulter....in hell.....Biden is sailing above it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, arein0 said:

Can someone help me understand why it matters if the shooter was or was not trans? The school shooting happened regardless of the shooters gender and I feel like people are more interested in their gender than the actual shooting.

Because it ties into a likely motive for the shooting. The trans person had a manifesto and detailed map to attack the school. This wasn't random. The Nashville Police Chief suggested that there's a belief that the shooter resented having to attend the school.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Take some responsibility for your parties actions and policy decisions. Republicans are only seen as the "bad guys" in these situations because they choose to be.

My party is doing exactly what is right and not kowtowing to the emotion of the moment and trying to reason with the unreasonable.  It doesn't seem to work.

So many deliberate steps to conceal her intent.  How do you stop this without infringing on the rights of the people?

• Facepalm 2

17 minutes ago, I_M4_AU said:

My party is doing exactly what is right and not kowtowing to the emotion of the moment and trying to reason with the unreasonable.  It doesn't seem to work.

So many deliberate steps to conceal her intent.  How do you stop this without infringing on the rights of the people?

Your party is so grossly irresponsible in almost every way they can be.

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

To those throwing rocks at just Republicans help me out. Biden as POTUS had two years of a Dem controlled Senate and House. Why didn't they get something passed re. gun control as so many here are screaming about.

• Facepalm 1

6 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

To those throwing rocks at just Republicans help me out. Biden as POTUS had two years of a Dem controlled Senate and House. Why didn't they get something passed re. gun control as so many here are screaming about.

Do you truly not understand how the Senate works? But state Republicans have been the most batsh*t crazy on the gun issue. Ruined two countries— USA & Mexico.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 2

8 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Probably better than you since I have spent hours there. Want to answer my question?

How many senators does it take to advance a bill?

Just now, TexasTiger said:

When the original question displays ignorance.

Oh I see. I think it was a legitimate question but sine you want to throw insults rather than answer I will just do the intelligent thing and move on rather than waste my time. Bye.

34 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Probably better than you since I have spent hours there. Want to answer my question?

So you know it takes 60 senators to advance it, then?

Same debate I had with 4_AU....you're saying Biden is the failure because he couldn't get 10 Trump-era Republican senators to flip?

15 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Oh I see. I think it was a legitimate question but sine you want to throw insults rather than answer I will just do the intelligent thing and move on rather than waste my time. Bye.

You said Biden had carte Blanche with 50 senators. It takes 60. Simple question. You played silly games. Move on. Learn something.

3 hours ago, I_M4_AU said:

Do you realize that they did, in fact, pass the first regulations that have been passed in decades by way of a bi partisan bill.  You can't simply demand it so and it magically happen.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/biden-signs-bipartisan-gun-safety-package-law/story?id=85692952

35 minutes ago, Son of A Tiger said:

Ah, So you were one of the few that was on the "guided tour" in the capital /s 

:poke:

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, CoffeeTiger said:

Did you know that a majority of mental healthcare related bills are written and introduced by Democrats and that with few exceptions Republicans oppose them every time? 

Conservatives gutted our nations mental healthcare system and Ronald Regan repealing the omnibus reconciliation in 1981 led to the closure of most federal mental healthcare institutions. 

Unless the Democrats have broken their tradition they tacked so many boondoggle "liberal wish list" items on the mental health bills that those bills needed to be voted against.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Leftfield said:

Well, first of all, I said public schools. However, even with private, there are more than 30,000 schools in the US, so if you want two at each school, that's at least 60,000 retired officers. Then you have to equip them, and possibly give them health insurance. Insurance for the school may go up if you're going to have weapons there. Are two needed on duty at all times during school hours? If so, then you have to hire more officers to cover absences, vacations, PTO, etc. 

This school only had 200 students. How much would the cost of two security guards impact tuition?

Apply this to public schools and you quickly see the problem. Are you going to be able to find enough retired officers to fill all those gaps? Even if you do, that's still a huge expense. Would you be willing to pay more in taxes to pay for that expense?

60,000 should be no problem. Biden is in the process of hiring 87,000 new IRS agents. If he were concerned about school shootings hiring 60,000 retires would be a piece of cake. Sadly....

5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

60,000 should be no problem. Biden is in the process of hiring 87,000 new IRS agents. If he were concerned about school shootings hiring 60,000 retires would be a piece of cake. Sadly....

Those are private schools. There are more than 90,000 public schools, so that's at least 180,000, and likely more. You're willing to support that with your tax dollars, along with all the associated costs?

14 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Unless the Democrats have broken their tradition they tacked so many boondoggle "liberal wish list" items on the mental health bills that those bills needed to be voted against.

Would you care to debate in good faith, or are you simply going to throw out conjecture? 

• Thanks 1