AttitUde The Story of the 1993 Auburn Tigers

aubiefifty

Yes I think loyalty was the straw that broke the camel’s back. It was like he knew his time was coming to an end and was nearly accusing the fan base of not being loyal. I was definitely not a Bowden fan by that point.

31 minutes ago, Dshep4au said:

Yes I think loyalty was the straw that broke the camel’s back. It was like he knew his time was coming to an end and was nearly accusing the fan base of not being loyal. I was definitely not a Bowden fan by that point.

Bowden was spending more time designing pins than recruiting players. Going undefeated was the worst thing that couldve happened to him. He never even sniffed a big job again.

23 hours ago, CR said:

Going undefeated was the worst thing that couldve happened to him.

Maybe so. But 93 and the monster wins over LSU & FL in 94 were some of the best times of my life. Bowden over-achieved during a very difficult probation period. 

48 minutes ago, Viper said:

Maybe so. But 93 and the monster wins over LSU & FL in 94 were some of the best times of my life. Bowden over-achieved during a very difficult probation period. 

No argument there. The 93 and 94 UF games were some of the best games Ive had the pleasure of listening/watching.

• Love 1

On 4/8/2023 at 8:23 PM, CR said:

No argument there. The 93 and 94 UF games were some of the best games Ive had the pleasure of listening/watching.

I’ll add that similarly to Bowden going undefeated in his first year being the worst thing for him and AU, so was Gus getting to the BCSCG in his first year. 

Not insinuating that both didn’t work hard to achieve what each did. Hell, they both resurrected awful teams the year prior. It’s that they both could not recruit specific vital areas on a consistent basis and was a major part of their demise.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Viper said:

I’ll add that similarly to Bowden going undefeated in his first year being the worst thing for him and AU, so was Gus getting to the BCSCG in his first year. 

Not insinuating that both didn’t work hard to achieve what each did. Hell, they both resurrected awful teams the year prior. It’s that they both could not recruit specific vital areas on a consistent basis and was a major part of their demise.

Yep, a fatal flaw for both coaches.