Routes determined by Defensive Alignment

aubiefifty

9 hours ago, Hank2020 said:

Dillingham would not have been able to make the moves he has made being what you described here. I believe you greatly missed the actual in your comment (IMO).

i agree and every head coach he has worked for sings his praises. time will tell.

On 3/27/2023 at 9:41 PM, Hank2020 said:

Dillingham would not have been able to make the moves he has made being what you described here. I believe you greatly missed the actual in your comment (IMO).

Maybe I wasn’t clear enough on my opinion.   I wasn’t saying that he wasn’t or wouldn’t be a good offensive coordinator.  I was only referring to what he did at Auburn.   Gus ran the offense.   Dilly was just a presence in the QB room and on the practice field.   

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 9:58 AM, aubiefifty said:

i refuse to throw the receivers coach under the bus. he has been here three and a half months or so? to me that is not giving the coach a fair shake. i trust freeze enough to think he hired the right fit for us. but looking back how long has it been since we had a WR coach that our fans have not bitched about. i believe it has been a while.

What are you talking about '50?  We had a 12 yr NFL veteran coach at AU last year for WR's (Ike Hilliard) and folks on here praised him when he was brought in.  :dunno:

On 3/26/2023 at 10:22 PM, aubaseball said:

Austin Davis never set foot on the practice field or coaching room.   Dillingham was nothing but a coach that handed the ball to the quarterback at practice.   

Is this more accurate?  6 OC's in 6 yrs?

'18 Chip Lindsey/'19 Kenny Dilly/'20 Chad Morris/'21 Mike Bobo/'22 Eric Kiesau/'23 Philip Montgomery?

Needless to say, it's been a revolving door at Auburn for quite a while. 

22 minutes ago, JerryAU said:

Is this more accurate?  6 OC's in 6 yrs?

'18 Chip Lindsey/'19 Kenny Dilly/'20 Chad Morris/'21 Mike Bobo/'22 Eric Kiesau/'23 Philip Montgomery?

Needless to say, it's been a revolving door at Auburn for quite a while. 

Could probably stretch it back to '16.

'16 - Rhett

'17 - Chip Lindsey

'18 - Chip Lindsey, but with Gus changing the game plan on Friday and calling his own plays on Saturday 

On 3/26/2023 at 9:36 AM, aubiefifty said:

Apparently based on Freezes comments our receiver’s routes are determined by defensive alignment, coverages and techniques. Seems that collectively they aren’t catching on to that as well as he’d like. It appears last week they were all about QB development and next week will be all about WR development. i assume this is being stated on a couple of pay sites but i can only opine since i do not pay for articles.

Do we get this straightened out enough to do well this year when the season starts? the concept sounds brilliant to a football novice but i worry because the last i heard we only had about 20% installed from last week. i thought it might be something to discuss on here.

Blaspheme!!!  Everyone knows our routes are written in crayon!

On 3/26/2023 at 9:46 AM, W.E.D said:

Srsly tho...this is probably the first truly modern sophisticated passing offense we've ever had. All these guys are going to have a huge learning curve and we'll have our ups and downs with it this year. 

Not true while Walsh with the WC offense didn't invent the option routes he just about perfected it.   Al Borges  being the WC guy majority of his offense was the option routes.  

This part of teaching game should be relatively easy because the receivers should be seeing basic defenses, the real complex part will be put in during the first two weeks of summer when the defense should be implementing more complex schemes and then the last part should be put per opponent for game preparation based on game film and scouting report of the opponent.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, JerryAU said:

What are you talking about '50?  We had a 12 yr NFL veteran coach at AU last year for WR's (Ike Hilliard) and folks on here praised him when he was brought in.  :dunno:

the uni did that not me. i do not agree with everything my beloved auburn but they are still my heart and i will always pull for them.

10 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Not true while Walsh with the WC offense didn't invent the option routes he just about perfected it.   Al Borges  being the WC guy majority of his offense was the option routes.  

This part of teaching game should be relatively easy because the receivers should be seeing basic defenses, the real complex part will be put in during the first two weeks of summer when the defense should be implementing more complex schemes and then the last part should be put per opponent for game preparation based on game film and scouting report of the opponent.

how dare you contradict what mr know it all says says?

52 minutes ago, Carnell said:

Sorry....by "ever had' was more around the guys that were currently here and needing to adjust to it

On 3/26/2023 at 9:36 AM, aubiefifty said:

Apparently based on Freezes comments our receiver’s routes are determined by defensive alignment, coverages and techniques. Seems that collectively they aren’t catching on to that as well as he’d like. It appears last week they were all about QB development and next week will be all about WR development. i assume this is being stated on a couple of pay sites but i can only opine since i do not pay for articles.

Do we get this straightened out enough to do well this year when the season starts? the concept sounds brilliant to a football novice but i worry because the last i heard we only had about 20% installed from last week. i thought it might be something to discuss on here.

They better learn it because this is exactly what the NFL WRs do. 

• Like 1

On 3/31/2023 at 2:58 PM, DAG said:

They better learn it because this is exactly what the NFL WRs do. 

The QBs and Receivers both have to make the same reads pre snap on the option routes or things can go very wrong.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1